The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171959 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: March 19, 2019, 08:43:30 PM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/joe-biden-tells-backers-he-plans-on-2020-presidential-run-2019-03-19

Former Vice President Joe Biden reached out to at least a half-dozen supporters Tuesday to tell them he intends to run for president and to ask for their help in lining up contributions from major donors so he can quickly raise several million dollars, said a person familiar with the matter.

Biden has expressed concern to these people that he wouldn’t be able to raise millions of dollars in online donations immediately the way some other Democratic candidates have, including former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, this person said. O’Rourke raised $6.1 million in the 24 hours after his announcement, while Sanders collected $5.9 million in the same period.

Biden wants to announce a large fundraising number after his candidacy is official to better compete in what is often dubbed the “money primary” that kicks off a presidential season.

This is another problem I have with Joe.

Because of him reaching out to who I presume to be a few, yet pretty ”big” supporters of Biden will likely inflate his $ numbers which I assume will most likely surpass Beto and Bernie’s although Beto still hasn’t announced his number of donors. Biden better hope his numbers aren’t disappointing.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1976 on: March 19, 2019, 09:10:20 PM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/joe-biden-tells-backers-he-plans-on-2020-presidential-run-2019-03-19

Former Vice President Joe Biden reached out to at least a half-dozen supporters Tuesday to tell them he intends to run for president and to ask for their help in lining up contributions from major donors so he can quickly raise several million dollars, said a person familiar with the matter.

Biden has expressed concern to these people that he wouldn’t be able to raise millions of dollars in online donations immediately the way some other Democratic candidates have, including former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, this person said. O’Rourke raised $6.1 million in the 24 hours after his announcement, while Sanders collected $5.9 million in the same period.

Biden wants to announce a large fundraising number after his candidacy is official to better compete in what is often dubbed the “money primary” that kicks off a presidential season.

Pathetic. The people don't want you. Once thing gets into full swing he's going down.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1977 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »

Mike Gravel is...considering...running.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1978 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »

This is the best timeline.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1979 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:15 PM »

Bah Gawd! That’s... Mike Gravel’s music!?!?

Didn’t see that one coming, I have to say. I hope that he goes through with it.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1980 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:54 PM »

He's just trying to elbow out Begich.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1981 on: March 19, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »

Pathetic. The people don't want you. Once thing gets into full swing he's going down.
I hope your right
Harlow

« Reply #1982 on: March 19, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »

Ahhhh I wish I was old enough to vote for him the first time he ran. I really like that he's not aiming to win but instead get a bold progressive voice into the debates.

If he were to run, he would aim not to win, but instead to qualify for the 2020 Democratic debates in order to send a message that no other candidate, not even Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard, is willing to issue.

All of the policies listed on that website are perfect. I'd be donating to him and asking everyone I know to as well.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1983 on: March 19, 2019, 09:54:08 PM »

Damn, you’re right! The wrong Alaskan former Senator might be running!
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1984 on: March 19, 2019, 09:56:34 PM »

Damn, you’re right! The wrong Alaskan former Senator might be running!

Mike Gravel is not a delicious little morsel.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1985 on: March 19, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »

McAuliffe says he’ll decide on 2020 “in the next couple of weeks”:

https://www.nbc29.com/story/40161045/ex-governor-mcauliffe-says-decision-coming-soon-on-2020-run

Also from that story: Philadelphia is the leading contender for Biden’s campaign HQ:

https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status/1108182065995018242
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1986 on: March 19, 2019, 11:33:40 PM »

This thread has maxed out on length, so I'm locking and moving to the next one:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=316215.0
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length