FL Southern College: Scott +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL Southern College: Scott +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL Southern College: Scott +2  (Read 3858 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: October 11, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »

I wonder what an impact Hurricane "Michael" will have on this Senate Race. Usually with this kind of Devastation the Governor gets a bump in his Approvals if he responds well to it and Scott has.

That depends on how big the hurricane is and how much damage it did, and the particulars of the Governor's media presence and what they did/didn't do.

Most of Florida wasn't affected too much by this. Over in my area (Treasure Coast), it wasn't any different than any number of storms we've had all year. So, if I had to guess, it's not really going to help or hurt Scott. At least outside of the areas of the panhandle that got hit hard, and most of that area is already heavily Republican.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »

Yea, he does need them. It's hard to see how even a fantastic response to this would super charge turnout though. If anything, it would hurt turnout. And Republicans have maxed out a lot of those areas in recent years, so good marks on the hurricane response won't do too much with the voters that do turn out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies