ND - Cramer +12 (FOX) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:20:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND - Cramer +12 (FOX) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)  (Read 11106 times)
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« on: October 03, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Mostly great news. This keeps Dems one more seat away from a majority, which they certainly don't deserve with their despicable handling of the Kavanaugh situation. However, I say only 'mostly' great because this means that there will be even less ideological diversity among the Democratic senators, as a leading red-state Democrat is knocked off.

Still, on the whole, good news.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »

Mostly great news. This keeps Dems one more seat away from a majority, which they certainly don't deserve with their despicable handling of the Kavanaugh situation. However, I say only 'mostly' great because this means that there will be even less ideological diversity among the Democratic senators, as a leading red-state Democrat is knocked off.

With all due respect, this kind of criticism regarding the courts is meaningless coming from Republicans. You guys have made it abundantly clear that you do not accept that Democrats have every right to pick judges when in power, just like Republicans do, and that apparently the federal judiciary is the sole property of the Republican Party, so why should Democrats do anything but impede your party's attempts to stack it?

This is what happens when you stand by as your party engages in scumbag partisan power plays. You ruin the idea of bipartisanship and make everything a "win-at-all-costs" battle. And you turn people like me, who just wanted each party to accept that if their opponents control the White House, they get to pick federal judges within reason, into jaded political activists who now want their party to pack the courts in a long-shot effort to teach the opposition that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:00:48 PM »

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.

I mean, unless you think Democrats recruited Ford to accuse Kavanaugh, it's not really fair to put it all on them. It's not our fault you guys picked someone with a history of heavy drinking and partying in HS/college who seemed to engage in questionable behavior with women.

And as dismayed as Republicans may be, there is an equally-if-not-bigger group of Democrats who for the life of them can't understand why you guys are clinging to Kavanaugh as if he's the only possible judge for the job, and would risk undermining the public's trust and confidence in the Supreme Court instead of just picking someone else and ramming through their confirmation before January. To me at least, it shows a stunning level of recklessness, which unfortunately isn't exactly new for the GOP, who have been undermining confidence in our elections almost every cycle, with fake claims of fraud, particularly in close elections (re: North Carolina).

It's nice that you don't agree with your party, truly, but the same can't be said for the vast majority of your partisan compatriots.

The reason I, and nearly all Republicans, both politicians and regular citizens, are so vehemently in favor of Kavanaugh's confirmation is that if his nomination is withdrawn, it sends a message that any future Supreme Court nominee (or really any official) can be taken down and have their lives ruined by unsubstantiated claims. That would be a travesty for justice, the rule of law, our politics, and would only encourage more of this* in the future.

* - A political side using unsubstantiated allegations as a political weapon to sink an otherwise supremely qualified person. I'm not saying that Ford may not have been, at some point, a victim of sexual assault.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

With all due respect, this kind of criticism regarding the courts is meaningless coming from Republicans. You guys have made it abundantly clear that you do not accept that Democrats have every right to pick judges when in power, just like Republicans do, and that apparently the federal judiciary is the sole property of the Republican Party, so why should Democrats do anything but impede your party's attempts to stack it?

This is what happens when you stand by as your party engages in scumbag partisan power plays. You ruin the idea of bipartisanship and make everything a "win-at-all-costs" battle. And you turn people like me, who just wanted each party to accept that if their opponents control the White House, they get to pick federal judges within reason, into jaded political activists who now want their party to pack the courts in a long-shot effort to teach the opposition that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

He lied under oath about Rimarez’s story.

He said that that he didn’t hear about it until The New Yorker publish it, when he was already maneuvering behind the scene to to undercut the story.

Are you saying that you would support someone that lied under oath to be on the Supreme Court?

I'm not, I'm simply saying we shouldn't let unsubstantiated allegations ruin someone's prospects for a government position.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

Good lord....You guys have all 3 branches of government and control of 34 states and you still keep whining.
No kidding. How dare we argue it's not accpetable to confirm a rapist to the court?

Obviously a rapist shouldn't be confirmed to the court. The problem is that people on the left, including you, take that as a given fact, when it is, in fact, not.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »

Good lord....You guys have all 3 branches of government and control of 34 states and you still keep whining.
No kidding. How dare we argue it's not accpetable to confirm a rapist to the court?

Obviously a rapist shouldn't be confirmed to the court. The problem is that people on the left, including you, take that as a given fact, when it is, in fact, not.

Lmao stop acting like you'd ever accept the notion that he's a rapist or attempted to rape Ford. Even with the most convincing evidence you'd still deny deny deny.

If it were a Democrat nominating a Democrat to the Court and he was facing these allegations, you'd probably suddenly believe them at face value.

How about we see some of that convincing evidence first, and then we'll see where I stand? Smile
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 09:54:28 PM »

Lmao stop acting like you'd ever accept the notion that he's a rapist or attempted to rape Ford. Even with the most convincing evidence you'd still deny deny deny.

If it were a Democrat nominating a Democrat to the Court and he was facing these allegations, you'd probably suddenly believe them at face value.

How about we see some of that convincing evidence first, and then we'll see where I stand? Smile

I already know where you'll stand since I've known many people like you Smiley, considering you have an ugly ass signature of him, I know you will always see a belligerent drunken right-winger as a victim no matter what.

Oh I wasn't aware that I'm not an individual, but rather a stereotype that you can fit into whatever box satisfies you. You know all there is to know about me, I suppose. Thanks for letting me know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies