ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)  (Read 11132 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2018, 10:40:34 PM »

With this reply, this thread now has the most replies of any thread on this board.

Just wait until a Rosendale +1/2 poll comes out somewhere. It will make this thread look like a harmonious interaction between calm and sensible Atlas posters.

Oddly enough Indiana seems to be the most popular, as 3 of the top 6 are Indiana threads. Who would've thought?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »

Tbh a GOP Senate is bearable if Democrats at least gain the House. Just to have that would be much better than right now.

no. The House is a useless consolation prize. The Senate is where all the real power in Congress lies

I don't know if I'd call it useless, as Democrats will use it to turn over every single rock in the Trump administration, and if we remember Clinton, that can eventually cause serious problems, but I do get what you're saying. The Senate is crucial for having any input in the staffing of the executive and judicial branches between at least now - 2021. If Democrats want to blunt the impact of Trump/McConnell stealing a ton of judicial vacancies for Trump to fill, they need the Senate to do that.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »

With this reply, this thread now has the most replies of any thread on this board.

Just wait until a Rosendale +1/2 poll comes out somewhere. It will make this thread look like a harmonious interaction between calm and sensible Atlas posters.

Oddly enough Indiana seems to be the most popular, as 3 of the top 6 are Indiana threads. Who would've thought?

Not Missouri or Florida, lol? Color me surprised.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:57 PM »

The thread with the most posts will definitely be a Missouri thread bumped after the election, regardless of the result.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2018, 11:37:08 PM »

The senate was viewed as a long shot since the beginning and Heidi has been viewed as the most vulnerable dem for weeks now so why is everyone jumping off the bridge?
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2018, 11:59:27 PM »

64% of likely voters approve of Donald Trump? Sounds a little off to me. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »

The senate was viewed as a long shot since the beginning and Heidi has been viewed as the most vulnerable dem for weeks now so why is everyone jumping off the bridge?

The Senate was viewed as a long shot, but if Heidi is screwed it goes from a long shot to a ridiculously long shot. Also, many delusional Dem hacks here didn't (still don't?) even view the Senate as a long shot at all, lol.

She was viewed as the most vulnerable, but nobody expected her to be trailing by anywhere near this much.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2018, 12:07:43 AM »

The problem I have with the argument that "she over-performed and won in 2012," aside from the folly of basing a prediction on an event you can't actually predict, is that she just barely won in 2012. It could have easily went the other way. So even if she is down by a lot right now and she does end up over-performing, maybe this time it won't be enough.

Like another user said already, after a certain point, I can't deny what the data says. Maybe she does win in the end, but for right now, she looks like she is on track to lose.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »

RIP Heidi. She was always one of my faves. Such a cool gal. Will be dearly missed.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »

RIP Heidi. She was always one of my faves. Such a cool gal. Will be dearly missed.

Yeah, I'll be sad to see her go. But honestly, she was an accidental senator from the start and was never supposed to win to begin with, so I guess we should just be happy we got her for 6 years. Sad
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2018, 07:57:21 PM »

The battle for the senate is over. The comments didn’t hurt him at all. Bredesen and O’Rourke are slipping away and Hyde-Smith will easily make it to the runoff.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »

We love you Senator Heitkamp! I know at least I will still be very proud of you if you go down swinging.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2018, 10:26:23 PM »

Hopefully Joe Biden puts her in his administration Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2018, 12:32:46 PM »

The battle for the senate is over. The comments didn’t hurt him at all. Bredesen and O’Rourke are slipping away and Hyde-Smith will easily make it to the runoff.

Not to nitpick, but is Texas truly slipping away? The most recent polls, even excluding that Junkie Reuters one, shows him catching up or even tide slash slightly ahead of Cruz. It would still be an upset for him to win oh, sure, but I'm not aware of any recent developments indicating the momentum has shifted back to Cruz.

Bredesen was down 5 in that recent Fox poll, which is probably enough to say the momentum has shifted away from him, just as everyone here is predicted would like eventually happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »

Bredesen and Sinema made mistakes of saying they wouldn't support Schumer as Leader and Bredesen said nice things about Kavanaugh. They didn't learn lesson of Grimes🤥
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2018, 06:11:18 PM »

Not to nitpick, but is Texas truly slipping away? The most recent polls, even excluding that Junkie Reuters one, shows him catching up or even tide slash slightly ahead of Cruz. It would still be an upset for him to win oh, sure, but I'm not aware of any recent developments indicating the momentum has shifted back to Cruz.

Bredesen was down 5 in that recent Fox poll, which is probably enough to say the momentum has shifted away from him, just as everyone here is predicted would like eventually happen.

Haha, definitely not "everyone." Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »

Yeah, I'll be sad to see her go. But honestly, she was an accidental senator from the start and was never supposed to win to begin with, so I guess we should just be happy we got her for 6 years. Sad

And that she stuck to her principles in the end.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2018, 11:08:26 PM »

Ouch. The Democrats can't really afford any losses if they want to take the Senate because TX and TN are really fool's gold.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »

Haha, definitely not "everyone." Tongue

Okay, mostly everyone. Wink
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2018, 02:45:11 AM »

Aren’t you the guy harping on about the giant Democratic enthusiasm edge and constantly predicting a massive D tsunami? Because that’s inconsistent with this comment.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »

Aren’t you the guy harping on about the giant Democratic enthusiasm edge and constantly predicting a massive D tsunami? Because that’s inconsistent with this comment.

I never was
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »

This is North Dakota we're talking about.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »

Its probably 54% at most in North Dakota.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »

Its probably 54% at most in North Dakota.

Donald Trump got 63% in ND. Nationally he got 46%. His approval right now is at 42%. So logically he should be around 59%, +/- a few points. Not unreasonable at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies