ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:14:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)  (Read 11160 times)
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

Mostly great news. This keeps Dems one more seat away from a majority, which they certainly don't deserve with their despicable handling of the Kavanaugh situation. However, I say only 'mostly' great because this means that there will be even less ideological diversity among the Democratic senators, as a leading red-state Democrat is knocked off.

Still, on the whole, good news.

With all due respect, this kind of criticism regarding the courts is meaningless coming from Republicans. You guys have made it abundantly clear that you do not accept that Democrats have every right to pick judges when in power, just like Republicans do, and that apparently the federal judiciary is the sole property of the Republican Party, so why should Democrats do anything but impede your party's attempts to stack it?

This is what happens when you stand by as your party engages in scumbag partisan power plays. You ruin the idea of bipartisanship and make everything a "win-at-all-costs" battle. And you turn people like me, who just wanted each party to accept that if their opponents control the White House, they get to pick federal judges within reason, into jaded political activists who now want their party to pack the courts in a long-shot effort to teach the opposition that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.

He lied under oath about Rimarez’s story.

He said that that he didn’t hear about it until The New Yorker publish it, when he was already maneuvering behind the scene to to undercut the story.

Are you saying that you would support someone that lied under oath to be on the Supreme Court?

I'm not, I'm simply saying we shouldn't let unsubstantiated allegations ruin someone's prospects for a government position.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

Mostly great news. This keeps Dems one more seat away from a majority, which they certainly don't deserve with their despicable handling of the Kavanaugh situation. However, I say only 'mostly' great because this means that there will be even less ideological diversity among the Democratic senators, as a leading red-state Democrat is knocked off.

With all due respect, this kind of criticism regarding the courts is meaningless coming from Republicans. You guys have made it abundantly clear that you do not accept that Democrats have every right to pick judges when in power, just like Republicans do, and that apparently the federal judiciary is the sole property of the Republican Party, so why should Democrats do anything but impede your party's attempts to stack it?

This is what happens when you stand by as your party engages in scumbag partisan power plays. You ruin the idea of bipartisanship and make everything a "win-at-all-costs" battle. And you turn people like me, who just wanted each party to accept that if their opponents control the White House, they get to pick federal judges within reason, into jaded political activists who now want their party to pack the courts in a long-shot effort to teach the opposition that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.

Good lord....You guys have all 3 branches of government and control of 34 states and you still keep whining.
No kidding. How dare we argue it's not accpetable to confirm a rapist to the court?

Obviously a rapist shouldn't be confirmed to the court. The problem is that people on the left, including you, take that as a given fact, when it is, in fact, not.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2018, 08:53:09 PM »

Tester has got to be nervous right now with rural trends.

It seems that rural Democrats have mainly recovered in the upper Midwest. But once you leave those borders it gets ugly.

Not saying ND is anything like Montana but Heitkamp's position has only gotten worse.

Tester definitely has some advantages in his reelection bid that Heitkamp lacks (Libertarian candidate on the ballot, Montana's relatively high Democratic floor, a fired up #resistance base in places like Missoula and Bozeman that has no reason not to enthusiastically support him, support from veterans, Rosendale being a weaker candidate than Cramer, the NRSC not prioritizing Montana early enough and allowing Tester to define Rosendale early and outspend/outraise/out-advertise him by a lot, the MT GOP being less competent/organized than the ND GOP, etc.), but obviously you’re right that Tester isn’t going to win easily if Heitkamp’s losing by double digits. Right now I’d say Tester wins by 3, but if Republicans are having a better than expected night, a Rosendale win is very much possible.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »

Good lord....You guys have all 3 branches of government and control of 34 states and you still keep whining.
No kidding. How dare we argue it's not accpetable to confirm a rapist to the court?

Obviously a rapist shouldn't be confirmed to the court. The problem is that people on the left, including you, take that as a given fact, when it is, in fact, not.

Lmao stop acting like you'd ever accept the notion that he's a rapist or attempted to rape Ford. Even with the most convincing evidence you'd still deny deny deny.

If it were a Democrat nominating a Democrat to the Court and he was facing these allegations, you'd probably suddenly believe them at face value.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2018, 09:14:47 PM by cookiedamage »

But Atlas told me Cramer was finished because of his "Akin comments." LOL.

This one's over, as is the battle for control of the Senate. The Democratic Party's utter incompetence and supreme ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory never ceases to amaze me. They just HAD to give the GOP a rallying cry with their stupid Kavanaugh posturing, didn't they?

Is this a troll or...? Because it seems you're implying that standing up to a partisan, vicious accused rapist is somehow incompetent and somehow ruined the re-election of a woman who was already 10 points behind. Do you like Kavanaugh or something?

You seem to be posting in multiple threads on how Democrats ruined their chances at the Senate because of this and how stupid they are and how foolish they are due to their actions with Kavanaugh...

A.) The Senate was always an uphill battle. If you blab on about the Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory you imply they were well positioned for a Senate retake. Which has never been likely according to most pundits and experts.

B.) Heitkamp was always vulnerable.

C.) The Cramer +10 poll was before the hearings

C.2) Manchin is still up, McCaskill is still in a tied race. Donnelly is still up. Nelson is still slightly favored. If Senate Dems are so stupid for opposing an accused rapist, and if they so snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (even though the senate was never going to be retaken in all likelihood, so revisionism on your part), then why aren't all the red state dems multiple points behind? Why is Blackburn still under 50? Why is Nelson not 2 points behind again?

D.) You're being revisionist and your gloating is hilarious considering how flimsy your assertions are.

E.) Pick a better hill to die on
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »

I remember when MT was a "difficult state to poll". Apparently it no longer is, because no one ever makes that point in the threads discussing polls showing Tester ahead.

In my experience Montana has actually been fairly easy to poll. The state has high landline connectivity, good regional distribution, fairly stable turnout differentials, and one of the best-maintained voter files in the country.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »

Dismiss the lack of a real voter file if you so please to fit your personal analysis, it doesn't change the fact that they are critical to polling.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2018, 09:13:28 PM »

This one's over, as is the battle for control of the Senate. The Democratic Party's utter incompetence and supreme ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory never ceases to amaze me. They just HAD to give the GOP a rallying cry with their stupid Kavanaugh posturing, didn't they?

Is this a troll or...? Because it seems you're implying that standing up to a partisan, vicious accused rapist is somehow incompetent and somehow ruined the re-election of a woman who was already 10 points behind. Do you like Kavanaugh or something?

It might be the right thing to do morally (not that it really matters since he's going to be confirmed regardless), but it is objectively the wrong thing to do politically if your goal is to win in deeply Republican states.

And she wasn't already down 10. The polls before Kavanaugh had her down 4-5.

Anyway, there's already a sexually assaulting pussygrabber in the White House. You get the government you deserve. It's what the American people wanted and voted for after all. I don't see how a potential sex criminal being on the SCOTUS would further disgrace our country any more than it already is disgraced.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »

Not looking good, and I wouldn't bet on a Heitkamp victory, but giving up, especially this early, is stupid.

You know what else is particularly sinister? Rape. I look forward to your party collapsing even more among women because of this attitude.

Because if nominating and electing the pussygrabber and strongly backing Kavanaugh didn't cause them to collapse among women, I'm sure a post from an Atlas Forum user will. Roll Eyes

I was referring to that attitude which is prevalent among Republican leaders. I'm not trying to delude ThatConservativeGuy into thinking he is influential or something.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »

It might be the right thing to do morally (not that it really matters since he's going to be confirmed regardless), but it is objectively the wrong thing to do politically if your goal is to win in deeply Republican states.

Anyway, there's already a sexually assaulting pussygrabber in the White House. You get the government you deserve. It's what the American people wanted and voted for after all. I don't see how a potential sex criminal being on the SCOTUS would further disgrace our country any more than it already is disgraced.

Because the most Trump can do damage to this country is capped at 8 years. Kavanaugh being empowered by a Conservative court (with Clarence Thomas) can be horrific and can last for decades, with any effects lasting even longer. What if RBG dies and Trump appoints a far-right wing candidate? What then? Should we just roll over and allow them to ascend to the supreme court to protect a bunch of red-state dems, even if it means putting people into a lifetime position where they can repeal numerous laws protecting women, LGBTQ, and minorities?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »

Because the most Trump can do damage to this country is capped at 8 years. Kavanaugh being empowered by a Conservative court (with Clarence Thomas) can be horrific and can last for decades, with any effects lasting even longer. What if RBG dies and Trump appoints a far-right wing candidate? What then? Should we just roll over and allow them to ascend to the supreme court to protect a bunch of red-state dems, even if it means putting people into a lifetime position where they can repeal numerous laws protecting women, LGBTQ, and minorities?

Yeah, but that's the case regardless of whether or not Kavanaugh is a sex criminal or even whether he gets confirmed or not. Even if there's a miracle and he gets voted down, Trump will just replace him with a less controversial conservative who will vote the same way on everything and they'll clear the Senate easily. If Democrats actually held the majority in the Senate (or had any power whatsoever to stop a SCOTUS appointment) I'd agree with you, but making a battle you're doomed to lose into Waterloo while simultaneously trying to win deep red states in the election that's a month away seems like a lose/lose situation to me.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »

Lmao stop acting like you'd ever accept the notion that he's a rapist or attempted to rape Ford. Even with the most convincing evidence you'd still deny deny deny.

If it were a Democrat nominating a Democrat to the Court and he was facing these allegations, you'd probably suddenly believe them at face value.

How about we see some of that convincing evidence first, and then we'll see where I stand? Smile
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »

How about we see some of that convincing evidence first, and then we'll see where I stand? Smile

I already know where you'll stand since I've known many people like you Smiley, considering you have an ugly ass signature of him, I know you will always see a belligerent drunken right-winger as a victim no matter what.
History505
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2018, 09:51:18 PM »

Cramer having the edge so far, leaning R. There is still a little over a month before Election Day and things can change, we'll see what polls continue to show over the next few weeks.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »

I really hate this country sometimes.

inb4 dont like it then move to communism
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2018, 09:54:28 PM »

I already know where you'll stand since I've known many people like you Smiley, considering you have an ugly ass signature of him, I know you will always see a belligerent drunken right-winger as a victim no matter what.

Oh I wasn't aware that I'm not an individual, but rather a stereotype that you can fit into whatever box satisfies you. You know all there is to know about me, I suppose. Thanks for letting me know.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

#yolo
#2deep4me
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

#yolo
#2deep4me

Most of America hates themselves nowadays anyway. Or at the very least, other people.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2018, 10:06:08 PM »

The allegations against Kavanaugh are very substantiated. We already have the level of evidence that would be needed to convict him in a court of law. There is no reasonable doubt left.

TCG needs to stop acting as if rape is not a crime.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »

#yolo
#2deep4me

Most of America hates themselves nowadays anyway. Or at the very least, other people.

I became a straight-up misanthrope around mid-2016.  It's hard to reconcile with some of my moral/religious views, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I "loved humanity."
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »

#yolo
#2deep4me

The problem with American democracy is the voters
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2018, 10:15:57 PM »

#yolo
#2deep4me

The problem with American democracy is the voters
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »

With this reply, this thread now has the most replies of any thread on this board.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »

Tbh a GOP Senate is bearable if Democrats at least gain the House. Just to have that would be much better than right now.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2018, 10:37:03 PM »

With this reply, this thread now has the most replies of any thread on this board.

Just wait until a Rosendale +1/2 poll comes out somewhere. It will make this thread look like a harmonious interaction between calm and sensible Atlas posters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies