(Siena Poll) Cuomo Leads By 22, And 18 In A Two Way Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  (Siena Poll) Cuomo Leads By 22, And 18 In A Two Way Race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Only Manchin Could Win His Senate Race Or Ojeda Win His House Race, Which One Would You Want To Win Their Specific Race?
Manchin
Ojeda
Undecided
Neither
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: (Siena Poll) Cuomo Leads By 22, And 18 In A Two Way Race  (Read 1191 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:07:52 AM »

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/SNY092818-Crosstabs.pdf

Cuomo leads 50-28-14 in the entire race

Leads Molinaro 56-38 in a two way race

This thing is over folks.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 08:57:37 AM »

Why is there a poll on Manchin in this thread?

NY-Gov is safe Cuomo obviously. Nothing to see here.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »

This race was over long ago.

A couple of notes regarding the poll, however:
- 28% Trump Approval rating from 18-34s. 37% amongst all age groups.
- The majority vastly favors Democratic takeovers of the U.S. House along with the NYS Senate.
- Molinaro, despite dismal name recognition, tops Cuomo when it comes to combating corruption.
- Cynthia Nixon only has positive favorability with 18-34s (48/20) compared with 35-55s (31/47) and 55+s (23/54). Jewish and Latino voters have a positive view of her as well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »

I'm really curious how Cuomo somehow does worse in a two way race than he does in a three way race with Nixon. Regardless, this is actually a pretty pathetic result for Cuomo considering it's New York in a Dem wave. He might've gotten a scare if Hillary was president.

Speaking of Nixon, do any New Yorkers know if she's staying in the race or dropping out? I'm not sure whether to enter the poll as the three way race or the two way race.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 05:42:30 PM »

I'm really curious how Cuomo somehow does worse in a two way race than he does in a three way race with Nixon. Regardless, this is actually a pretty pathetic result for Cuomo considering it's New York in a Dem wave. He might've gotten a scare if Hillary was president.

Speaking of Nixon, do any New Yorkers know if she's staying in the race or dropping out? I'm not sure whether to enter the poll as the three way race or the two way race.

For now, she'll appear on the gubernatorial ballot, although the WFP is in the process on getting her onto the ballot in a State Assembly district. If she is removed, the party will find a replacement, possibly Green Party nominee Howie Hawkins. The catch is that Nixon is hesitant to run in that district because the incumbent is her friend. So, it's kind of unclear.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »

For now, she'll appear on the gubernatorial ballot, although the WFP is in the process on getting her onto the ballot in a State Assembly district. If she is removed, the party will find a replacement, possibly Green Party nominee Howie Hawkins. The catch is that Nixon is hesitant to run in that district because the incumbent is her friend. So, it's kind of unclear.

Cool, thanks for the info. For now I guess I'll just enter the two way numbers and change it later if necessary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies