CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon)  (Read 1615 times)
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« on: September 27, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2018, 02:23:50 AM by RFA09 »

Important to note that 23% of likely voters won't vote. Only 8% undecided

That's why the jungle primary is so terrible. For the Republicans, and there are a few millions in CA, there is no real choice. Feinstein is more to the center, but she's not a Republican by any means. So, a lot of GOPers struggle who to vote for. My neighbor is a Republican, he will abstain from voting in the senate race while his wife will cast a protest vote for DeLeon. Dem versus Dem GE races are uninspiring and not good for democracy. Hope we have a another ballot initiative soon to go back to partisan primaries.

You couldn't be more wrong. A Democrat that is guaranteed to win versus a Republican with no chance to win is not a real choice. The new system allows "safe" seats to have a real choice come November. It's really no different than, for example, Hahn vs. Villaraigosa for LA mayor. In 2001, Hahn came in second but won the election by building a broader coalition. Villaraigosa came back in 2005 and defeated Hahn. Your system would allow 30% of the population to determine the winner in 2001 even though the overall majority supported someone else.

IRV would be better, but in lieu of that, at least make people try to earn their power rather than being anointed. This is California's second attempt at a jungle style primary. We also have an independent redistricting commission. California should embrace it's progressive values. Trying to emulate the hyperpartisan anti-democracy attitudes of the modern Republicans is not the answer.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain"
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:47:49 AM »

I swear, if De Leon wins because of R protest votes, then 2018 will be the best election I will have ever witnessed.

I feel like Kevin de Leon could show up with a ghost gun and insert a 30 caliber clip or even a 30 magazine clip, and massacre all the Republicans, and still lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies