2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:03:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3  (Read 131105 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »

I can only imagine how the undecideds will break in a Clinton +20 district in a Dem wave year. Republicans can have fun trying to get a moral victory by keeping it within single digits though, lol.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2018, 10:39:52 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2018, 10:52:40 PM by Paulite Hick »

Fun Fact: Young Kim literally doesn't believe people are born gay and still opposes same-sex marriage.

News flash: infants do not come out of the womb with sexual desires or preferences. No one has ever been "born gay."
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2018, 10:51:19 PM »

Fun Fact: Young Kim literally doesn't believe people are born gay and still opposes same-sex marriage.

News flash: infants are do not come out of the womb with sexual desires or preferences. No one has ever been "born gay."

Even I'm evolved enough on lgbtIforgotwhatcomesafterthis issues to where I think this is mostly false. And even though I have moved passed a lot of it and don't pick on it as much anymore, Atlas is my witness that I am not a champion for that community lol.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »

News flash: infants do not come out of the womb with sexual desires or preferences. No one has ever been "born gay."

Your entire statement is psychologically and scientifically false. Newsflash: Even the Catholic Church acknowledges it's not a choice and people are born that way. Get your head out of your ass.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »

That they don't have an immediate burning desire to bang people of the same sex upon birth does not translate to them not being genetically programmed to be gay, which is obviously what Kim is either explicitly or implicitly referring to
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2018, 11:41:22 PM »

Your entire statement is psychologically and scientifically false. Newsflash: Even the Catholic Church acknowledges it's not a choice and people are born that way. Get your head out of your ass.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2018, 01:01:18 AM »

I love having all these homophobes and homophobia apologists on ignore. Really stresses me out on a personal level to see people denying my humanity and part of my identity but, hey, they chose the GOP for a reason Smiley
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2018, 03:20:56 AM »

I love having all these homophobes and homophobia apologists on ignore. Really stresses me out on a personal level to see people denying my humanity and part of my identity but, hey, they chose the GOP for a reason Smiley

Well, people are entitled (and will stick) to their opinion, even if Supreme Court decided otherwise. I support LGBT rights, but, for example, in my country 95% of people think otherwise. Ignore all? You will not be able simply live in country in that case.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2018, 04:12:58 AM »

Well, people are entitled (and will stick) to their opinion, even if Supreme Court decided otherwise. I support LGBT rights, but, for example, in my country 95% of people think otherwise. Ignore all? You will not be able simply live in country in that case.

You live in a Neo-Fascist Dictatorship where the elites under the Oligarchy, especially since the rise of Putin, have systematically used extremely sophisticated tactics to steer social discontent into "hatred of the others", where the organs of the State, Church, and Media reinforce Homophobic narratives domestically, as well as Wars of Aggression targeting ethnic and religious minority populations not only domestically, but additionally within the former states of the USSR, and even beyond.

Obviously you are not personally responsible for these actions, and seem like a decent and reasonable individual, but it is difficult to compare these types of discussions within a Democratic Society versus a totalitarian one-party state (despite the rhetoric to the contrary), especially in light of the role of the Counter-Revolutionaries that attempted to destroy the original goals of the Gorbachev era....

At least in the United States, Civil Society has changed the narrative when it comes to LGBT issues, despite the attempts of the reactionaries to advance forward progress....

Where is Civil Society in modern day Russia, where journalists and business leaders are murdered in the streets of the Country, and even abroad and former states of the USSR that can stand against the repressive apparatus of the State?Huh
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:55 AM »

You live in a Neo-Fascist Dictatorship where the elites under the Oligarchy, especially since the rise of Putin, have systematically used extremely sophisticated tactics to steer social discontent into "hatred of the others", where the organs of the State, Church, and Media reinforce Homophobic narratives domestically, as well as Wars of Aggression targeting ethnic and religious minority populations not only domestically, but additionally within the former states of the USSR, and even beyond.

Obviously you are not personally responsible for these actions, and seem like a decent and reasonable individual, but it is difficult to compare these types of discussions within a Democratic Society versus a totalitarian one-party state (despite the rhetoric to the contrary), especially in light of the role of the Counter-Revolutionaries that attempted to destroy the original goals of the Gorbachev era....

At least in the United States, Civil Society has changed the narrative when it comes to LGBT issues, despite the attempts of the reactionaries to advance forward progress....

Where is Civil Society in modern day Russia, where journalists and business leaders are murdered in the streets of the Country, and even abroad and former states of the USSR that can stand against the repressive apparatus of the State?Huh

Oh dear, now you're going to set Smoltchanov off on Another one of his angry rants. He's very sensitive and can't handle criticism without becoming hysterical.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2018, 04:29:47 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2018, 09:10:31 AM by smoltchanov »

I will give very simple answer by asking a simple question: how old is "modern" Russia? 27 years. What was US like in 1803? Slavery - legal. Even that will be enough (though i can give literally dozens examples of "backwardness" of US at that time, incomparable with modern Russia).

Now - some reasoning. Russia doesn't have a strong (or even minimal) democratic tradition. It was an Empire (with absolute rights of the czar) for hundreds of years, it continued to be an Empire (under communist slogans) after 1917. WHAT can be realistically expected from such pedigree??? That hundreds of years and dozens of generations will go away with one move of magic wand? Idiocy, they will not. It's a generational process, which will take many generations to come. Personally, i don't hope to live long enough to see Russia "a western-type country" (i am 61 now). May be - my son (who is 16 now) will see it, when he will be 70 or 80.  It all takes time.

Remember, when slavery was abolished US was 85 years old. And racial segregation existed until country was almost 200 years old. 85 and 200, not 27! BTW - i study US politics and elections since mid-1970th, and remember, that no one (almost) even spoke about LGBT-rights THEN.  For most people (American people, BTW) of that time the very notions of "gay" and "lesbian" were almost synonimical with "perverts". So - what do you expect from us??? You can't demand from other more, then you demanded (or did) from themselves. Come 50-60 years later, and then we may be even better, then you, in many aspects)))))
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2018, 05:41:47 AM »

Let’s stay on topic—polls. This isn’t a debate thread.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2018, 06:51:34 AM »

Let’s stay on topic—polls. This isn’t a debate thread.

Good. I didn't intend to provoke debates. It simply "happened"...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »

California's 25th Congressional District poll (NY Times/Sienna)
(R) Steve Knight 47%
(D) Katie Hill 45%
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2018, 08:35:03 AM »

FL-6 St Pete Polls: Waltz (R) 48, Soderberg (D) 43

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/275276-waltz-soderberg-cd6-poll
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2018, 08:40:27 AM »

Seems in line with Lean R.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2018, 08:44:12 AM »

Yup
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2018, 08:46:06 AM »

Yeah she gonna lose.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

This is not a district that has voted for a Dem in my adult lifetime.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2018, 10:02:54 AM »

Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »

I haven't seen anyone denying your humanity or identity. What are you talking about?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »

That's interesting in light of the NYT Live poll currently showing Lance up by 4 (with only 299 responses so far, though).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2018, 10:10:35 AM »

Oof, the Trump approval in the Monmouth NJ-7 poll:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2018, 10:20:47 AM »

That's interesting in light of the NYT Live poll currently showing Lance up by 4 (with only 299 responses so far, though).

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if the NYT/Siena poll ends up breaking towards Malinowski also with more responses, or not. Even if Lance ends up ahead, he is (so far) under 50 in both polls and it is clear from the Monmouth one especially that Malinowski can easily win.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies