The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:13:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170487 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: October 29, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »

The only thing that really bothers me about him is the fact that his acting like he is just so much better than anybody else who does not agree with him when this was a forum meant for civil discussion

Civil discussion doesn’t really exist on this forum, and I don’t believe it has since I joined.
This forum used to be very civil. 2014 was a great year for all of us. Trumps rise coincides with a cognitive decline among Atlas Democrats.

It gave you guys a reason to let your fascism/racism/sexism out, just be honest! As we valiantly did in WWII we need to do it again now to stamp out the rot.
I see MasterBaiter has now taken up the NOVA practice of pretending he’s a world war soldier. Maybe we should buy him a toy rifle. It’d be nice to get him out of his moms basement for a change.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1376 on: October 29, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »

I don't think Gabbard would run as a Green; She would have a big enough base running as an Independent.

Also this entire thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=342069.0
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1377 on: October 29, 2019, 07:12:00 PM »

Nevada is essentially Clark County and Clark is trending solidly Democrat.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=342066.0
From this thread. 2nd post .
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/data.php?year=2016&fips=32&f=1&off=0&elect=0&def=tnd&datatype=county
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »

A good 90% of this thread is a dumpster fire.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=342173.msg7031224#msg7031224
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1379 on: October 30, 2019, 04:21:01 PM »

I wonder if the systematic underestimating of Democrats in California polls implies in any way that there is a sizable population of people illegally registered to vote in the state who vote majority Dem and aren't accounted for in traditional polling methods.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1380 on: October 30, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »

The only thing that really bothers me about him is the fact that his acting like he is just so much better than anybody else who does not agree with him when this was a forum meant for civil discussion

Civil discussion doesn’t really exist on this forum, and I don’t believe it has since I joined.
This forum used to be very civil. 2014 was a great year for all of us. Trumps rise coincides with a cognitive decline among Atlas Democrats.

It gave you guys a reason to let your fascism/racism/sexism out, just be honest! As we valiantly did in WWII we need to do it again now to stamp out the rot.
I see MasterBaiter has now taken up the NOVA practice of pretending he’s a world war soldier. Maybe we should buy him a toy rifle. It’d be nice to get him out of his moms basement for a change.

To the Irony Ore mine, stat!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1381 on: October 31, 2019, 01:54:23 AM »

Nobody cares about the Armenian genocide. It’s harsh, but true. The whole vote was a waste of time. Are they going to legislate the victims back to life?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1382 on: October 31, 2019, 02:00:35 AM »

Nobody cares about the Armenian genocide. It’s harsh, but true. The whole vote was a waste of time. Are they going to legislate the victims back to life?
I see that nobody has been able to properly rebut my point, which is that nobody actually knows or cares about it. It’s a minor, brutal historical in the context of modern American life, the kind of event that did not effect the United States one iota. Cry “whataboutism” all you want, Ilhan’s vote made sense for once. If I were in the House I wouldn’t have bothered to vote period and would have probably just gone out to have a smoke and take a piss.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1383 on: October 31, 2019, 06:22:04 AM »

I see that nobody has been able to properly rebut my point, which is that nobody actually knows or cares about it. It’s a minor, brutal historical in the context of modern American life, the kind of event that did not effect the United States one iota. Cry “whataboutism” all you want, Ilhan’s vote made sense for once. If I were in the House I wouldn’t have bothered to vote period and would have probably just gone out to have a smoke and take a piss.

Actually, Nathan rebutted your post pretty easily.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1384 on: October 31, 2019, 09:56:20 AM »

Armenians care, sure. The guy who is helping my dad and I with the mini crane today has never heard of it, I can guarantee you that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1385 on: October 31, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »

I don’t think it’s particularly pertinent if “no one cares”. The rest of Congress at least feels slightly inclined toward pretending to care, leaving Omar (among others) taking a principled stand not to care. She wants to use the excuse of the Native Americans (while seemingly failing to introduce comparable legislation to that effect) for refusing to give a rat’s ass about “non-Western” atrocities.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1386 on: October 31, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »

Armenians care, sure. The guy who is helping my dad and I with the mini crane today has never heard of it, I can guarantee you that.

So?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: October 31, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2019, 11:33:32 AM by InvisibleTrump »

So?
I could say the same to you, and so did Congresswoman Omar. The fact is that this is a giant bipartisan exercise in virtue signaling that does little more then antagonize Turkey. A general resolution condemning all genocide, from Armenia to the Parsley massacres would make more sense.

The timing of this resolution sure is suspicious to me.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1388 on: October 31, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »

Is the guy who helps Sanchez's dad with the mini crane 2020's Joe the Plumber?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1389 on: October 31, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »

One would first have to contradict the Turkish government’s version of events to condemn them, no?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: October 31, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2019, 11:56:10 AM by InvisibleTrump »

Is the guy who helps Sanchez's dad with the mini crane 2020's Joe the Plumber?
No, he’s much too fat. Hence why we’re operating it while he lounges nearby. He’s my second least favorite tenant tbh - creates a lot of problems with the other tenants - but he has (mostly) nice equipment that he allows us to borrow since he stores it here. We’re putting a fifth wheel on the back of my dads restored Peterbuilt and it’s a gazillion pounds.

This type of work is hard as hell and I’m sarcastically referred to as “muscles” around here, but hey, it takes in like 300k a year so I’m not bitching.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1391 on: November 01, 2019, 12:55:20 AM »

Restricting Free Speech is always insane and very authoritarian

No, it isn't. What's insane is rather the idea that an abstract concept (or should I say: empty signifier) like "free speech" gives you a carte blanche to brutally mock, insult, or threaten other people, especially vulnerable minorities. It is the duty of the state to ensure a discursive climate of civility.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1392 on: November 01, 2019, 08:17:01 AM »

Kentucky
✓ Matt Bevin (R, inc.): 53.4%
Andy Beshear (D):45.5%

Louisiana
✓ Eddie Rispone (R): 50.6%
John Bel Edwards (D, inc.): 48.2%

Mississippi
✓  Tate Reevers (R): 55.8%
Jim Hood (D): 43.9%
The Louisiana prediction is literally impossible.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1393 on: November 01, 2019, 05:24:41 PM »

Why would anyone on the Left listen to the drone in chief? Doesn't he have a multimillion dollar speech to give to some of his other 1% buddies?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1394 on: November 01, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »

1.East Germany
2.Weimar Republic
3.German Empire
4.West Germany
5.Republic of Germany

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1395 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »

I dont post here much, but I would love to hear the thoughts of such a diverse group.
Why are working class people so subborn?  The reflection in politics is staggering, and Trump capitalised on this to the enth degree in so many subtle ways.  Examples are as follows,

Seat belt laws save lives, Response -I know a guy who was thrown from the car and would have otherwise died.

Smoking laws save lives,  Response- so and so smoked two packs a day, and lived to 99.

Global warming is real,  Response - it's cold outside today so it's obviously fake.

Safety features in cars save lives, Response - waste of money, drive a bigger truck.

You stand a better chance being killed by your own gun than an intruder.  Response - I need to protect my home, MY RESPONSE- how many times have you been broken into, THEIR RESPONSE- never.  My response, silence. Their response - a hammer can kill a person.  My response - then buy a hammer.

Their Comment - "minorities are lazy" - My response - What's your highst level of education.  Their Response - GED.  My response - Why were you too lazy to finish school. 

I could go on and on, but I want to hear your comments with stubborn white working class people, or how you would stick up for them.   Come on....we all know people like this.  In fact, the above were all within my own family :-)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1396 on: November 04, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »

There’s a good chance he will be under impeachment or threat of it for the remainder of this term and the next, if he is re-elected, for the crime of holding the office of the Presidency as a Republican.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1397 on: November 06, 2019, 12:40:43 AM »

The fact that Bevin is only down by 4,000 votes is a fail for dems. They should have walked away with this easily.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1398 on: November 06, 2019, 12:42:55 AM »

The fact that Bevin is only down by 4,000 votes is a fail for dems. They should have walked away with this easily.

Nope, facts are KY has only had two Republican govs in the past 50 years. And this one was very unliked. The dems should have done way better.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1399 on: November 06, 2019, 12:58:11 AM »

Another #bold prediction I have for KY-GOV is that Bevin wins Elliott, as well as every county except Jefferson, Franklin, and Fayette. I suppose I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Beshear narrowly won Elliott, but he'll certainly do worse than Conway there.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies