Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 86959 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: October 25, 2018, 08:44:48 AM »

Atlantic: I Respected Scott Walker. Then I Worked For Him.

Peter Bildsten
Former secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #751 on: October 25, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »

Evers reads mean tweets:

https://www.facebook.com/Tony4WI/videos/1027615327409706/
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:43 AM »

Cannot wait for the next Marquette poll. This race has been the most exciting this year, bar none.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #753 on: October 25, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »

Cannot wait for the next Marquette poll. This race has been the most exciting this year, bar none.

I bet you can't!
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #754 on: October 25, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »

Okay....what is everyone's predictions for the final MU law poll on Oct. 31?

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #755 on: October 25, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

I'm predicting a tie to be safe.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #756 on: October 25, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

I'll just guess Evers +2.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #757 on: October 26, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

I'm also predicting either a tie (though a slight Walker or Evers lead wouldn't surprise me). If the next MU poll shows Walker leading and tied with Evers, I will be more worried than I am now.

Also, can I just express how disappointed I am in my residence of Janesville? https://madison.com/ct/news/local/roundup/state-debate-janesville-gazette-picks-vukmir-over-baldwin/article_56ed36c4-d7c2-11e8-bd1c-637e4d70b448.html
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #758 on: October 26, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »

The last poll was like during the middle of the Kavanaugh brew-ha-ha, so I'm guessing Evers +1.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #759 on: October 26, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »

Voted early in Oak Creek, were four other older people voting early too. First time voting all Dem, was very sickening to vote for Larson though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #760 on: October 26, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »

It’ll be Evers +4 or +5, and Atlas will proceed to call the race for Evers before a single vote has been counted.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #761 on: October 26, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »

It’ll be Evers +4 or +5, and Atlas will proceed to call the race for Evers before a single vote has been counted.

Yup
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #762 on: October 26, 2018, 02:23:17 PM »

Mhmm, if there's something everyone can agree on, Dems are too overconfident about Wisconsin.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #763 on: October 26, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »

Walker's like a bad case of crotch rot, just when you think you beat it, it comes back.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #764 on: October 26, 2018, 02:43:03 PM »

I'm tired of the notion that Walker "came back to win all his elections"

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in 2010? Every single one. In fact, the polls actually overestimated Walker in 2010!

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in his 2012 recall election? All but two, and none after February 2012. The polling average was exactly where he ended up too.

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in 2014? The vast majority of them, and he ultimately led in the polling average by election day.

Scott Walker's strength is severely overestimated by people just because he managed to perform like Generic R would in two GOP wave years and survived a recall which he was always favored in.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #765 on: October 26, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »

Yep, and if it's Evers +1 or anything better for Walker, people will be freaking out, and the usual suspects will be saying "Yeah, I knew Walker was inevitable. Wisconsin is a deep red state now."

I'll predict Evers +3, Baldwin +11.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #766 on: October 26, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »

This race is this year's VA 2017.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #767 on: October 26, 2018, 04:03:18 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2018, 04:09:31 PM by BlueFlapjack »

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in 2010? Every single one. In fact, the polls actually overestimated Walker in 2010!

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in his 2012 recall election? All but two, and none after February 2012. The polling average was exactly where he ended up too.

Want to know how many polls Scott Walker led in 2014? The vast majority of them, and he ultimately led in the polling average by election day.

Scott Walker's strength is severely overestimated by people just because he managed to perform like Generic R would in two GOP wave years and survived a recall which he was always favored in.

You make some very valid points!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #768 on: October 26, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »

It was nice to see Obama call out Walker as the liar he is today.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #769 on: October 27, 2018, 02:59:50 PM »

A lot of us who have been around a while have been burned by this race quite a few times (3 times in 4 years, in fact!) so it makes sense that we'd be more cautious. The polling average doesn't really tell the whole story here. I couldn't tell you how many times the overconfident Dems insisted that we'd have Gov. Barrett and Gov. Burke, sometimes even backed up by favorable polling.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #770 on: October 27, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »

A lot of us who have been around a while have been burned by this race quite a few times (3 times in 4 years, in fact!) so it makes sense that we'd be more cautious. The polling average doesn't really tell the whole story here. I couldn't tell you how many times the overconfident Dems insisted that we'd have Gov. Barrett and Gov. Burke, sometimes even backed up by favorable polling.

Anyone who got burned by 2010 and 2012's recall, it was clearly their fault for ignoring reality. Reality made it pretty obvious Scott Walker was going to win both. In fact, it was obvious for months in both cases.

I can't blame people as much for 2014, given that the polling average was actually pretty close towards the end and there was at least one October poll with Walker behind.

I do think it is a tossup still, maybe tilt Evers. However, I'm still annoyed at the narrative that "SCOTT WALKER IS A COMEBACK KID" as if he was ever really behind in any of his previous races.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #771 on: October 27, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »

Anyone who got burned by 2010 and 2012's recall, it was clearly their fault for ignoring reality. Reality made it pretty obvious Scott Walker was going to win both. In fact, it was obvious for months in both cases.

I can't blame people as much for 2014, given that the polling average was actually pretty close towards the end and there was at least one October poll with Walker behind.

I do think it is a tossup still, maybe tilt Evers. However, I'm still annoyed at the narrative that "SCOTT WALKER IS A COMEBACK KID" as if he was ever really behind in any of his previous races.

Yeah, Dems are usually pretty delusional. But I bought into the hype back in the day. Tongue Especially in 2012, when Dems as a whole were overly confident for no good reason.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #772 on: October 27, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2018, 04:11:18 PM by BlueFlapjack »

Seriously, you make some really valid points based on Walker's past polling and maybe we have been overestimating Walker. He has only led in two polls this cycle, both of which are from the same polling company (Marquette). I looked at Walker's past polling and having thought about it, I think Evers has a good shot at winning, especially with Tammy Baldwin downballot. Remember when we thought the Virginia governor race was going to be really close?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/governor/va/virginia_governor_gillespie_vs_northam-6197.html

Northam ended up winning by a 9-point margin, so if there is indeed a blue wave in 10 days, I doubt Walker will survive it.

Let's hope that last MU poll was the Kavanaugh effect, though. #Evers2018! #GetRidofScottHoles!
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #773 on: October 27, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »

I'll be interested to see if Charles Franklin will discuss the responses he got each day. I am wondering if there were any changes do to the events of the past few days.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #774 on: October 27, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »

This 1000x times. I can't count how many times Walker was declared DOA on here over the years. I've been monitoring this forum since '09, and that's a common thread.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies