Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 86774 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 02:16:08 AM »

So I suppose WI dems are the favorites to take the senate in 2018?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »

Former Wisconsin Democrat Party Chairman and candidate for Governor, Matt Flynn, has become a skunk at the garden party.  He is claiming the Party is being “pickled in identity politics.”

Maybe Republicans can do some pickling this fall.

http://mediatrackers.org/2018/06/13/flynn-democratic-party-pickled-in-identity-politics/Tics.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/16/wisconsin-dem-party-pickled-identity-politics-victimology/

http://www.whby.com/2018/06/11/fresh-take-with-josh-dukelow-061118/

Before you attack me read and listen to the links.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »

I mean, I don't dispute that the Democratic Party is getting a bit nutty with some things, but the idea that only Democrats engage in identity politics is laughable. Republicans have been using identity politics to win elections for years. The only difference between the two is Republicans are shameless enough to use it as an insult despite them milking it for votes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »

Former Wisconsin Democrat Party Chairman and candidate for Governor, Matt Flynn, has become a skunk at the garden party.  He is claiming the Party is being “pickled in identity politics.”

http://mediatrackers.org/2018/06/13/flynn-democratic-party-pickled-in-identity-politics/Tics.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/16/wisconsin-dem-party-pickled-identity-politics-victimology/

coincidentally this guy also was a lawyer for the Miluwakee Archdiocese and helped cover for their sexual assault. sounds like a bottom feeder to me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »

coincidentally this guy also was a lawyer for the Miluwakee Archdiocese and helped cover for their sexual assault. sounds like a bottom feeder to me.

He is
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »

I mean, I don't dispute that the Democratic Party is getting a bit nutty with some things, but the idea that only Democrats engage in identity politics is laughable. Republicans have been using identity politics to win elections for years. The only difference between the two is Republicans are shameless enough to use it as an insult despite them milking it for votes.

You are first making white males feel a minority.  They are being attacked for all sorts of imagined evils. They now vote like a minority.

The white privilege attack is another stupid angle.  What do you think non committed progressive white parents think of this attack.

I also think the attack on the police and Black Lives matter extremism is another stupid line of attack.
Most police organizations, which used to be semi union parts of the Democrat Party, backed Bill Clinton in the 90s.  They almost all backed Trump.  Many did so before the primaries.

At our Republican conventions we do not have various caucus groups that you sign up to join in order vote as a group to influence the convention. We all just view ourselves as Republicans.

Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2018, 09:55:44 PM »

See what I mean all you do is attack people.  I suppose the Archdiocese was not to have legal representation.    He actually was a Chairman of your party.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2018, 11:11:07 PM »

It's true, though. Being a white male is a definite minus in Dem politics for the last decade. Just look at the primary process.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2018, 11:49:34 PM »

At our Republican conventions we do not have various caucus groups that you sign up to join in order vote as a group to influence the convention. We all just view ourselves as Republicans.

But the Republican Party is racially homogeneous and has less interest groups than the Democratic Party. You guys can depend on an almost unanimously white voter base that doesn't have quite as many diverging interests as the Democrats do.

There is a reason why it is hard for Democrats to unify around one message - because Democrats weave together support through so many different groups, from Millennials and older people, to poor to upscale voters, to whites/blacks/latinos/asian voters and all those smaller sub groups within each race, all who have varying interests outside of the core issues (healthcare, education, jobs, etc). Not that Republicans don't have similar groups (minus minorities), but Democrats have a combination of them that is problematic to tend to policy-wise yet electorally important.

You shouldn't be surprised if it is easier for you guys, although it's worth pointing out that Republicans have had a reckoning themselves and it'll probably get worse before it gets better. Your party's economic agenda is wildly out of step with large portions of the GOP base, particularly as you take on more white working class voters at the expense of professional class voters. Trump knew this even if he didn't care overall. He knew that the voters he needed in the Midwest cared about things like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

See what I mean all you do is attack people.  I suppose the Archdiocese was not to have legal representation.    He actually was a Chairman of your party.

Says the guy from the party whose primary reason for existing these days is the extraction of liberal tears, led by a madman who is widely known as a bully.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2018, 01:21:27 AM »

Can we bump this conversation off of the Wisconsin Megathread?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2018, 06:07:30 AM »

Why?   This immediate conversatin arises from the comment by Matt Flyn, a candidate for Governor of Wisconsin and a former Chairman of the Wisconsin Democrat Party that the Party was being “pickled in identity politics.”
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2018, 09:50:02 AM »

The leading candidate in this race is a white male you idiots.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »

Yeah, but I was told Democrats hate white men. Never mind that 61% of Democratic Senators (including the Democratic Senate leader and whip) and 81% of Democratic governors are white men, they HATE white men because I said so.

(This is sarcasm, if it’s not obvious enough)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »

Why?   This immediate conversatin arises from the comment by Matt Flyn, a candidate for Governor of Wisconsin and a former Chairman of the Wisconsin Democrat Party that the Party was being “pickled in identity politics.”

People complaining about identity politics is the lamest sh!t ever. All politics is identity politics. It's always been that way. The Southern Strategy was Republicans playing identity politics.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »

People complaining about identity politics is the lamest sh!t ever. All politics is identity politics. It's always been that way. The Southern Strategy was Republicans playing identity politics.

Trump won on White Identity politics.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »

Trump won on White Identity politics.

Yeah but it’s only identity politics if Democrats do it/it makes one uncomfortable.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »

Yeah, but I was told Democrats hate white men. Never mind that 61% of Democratic Senators (including the Democratic Senate leader and whip) and 81% of Democratic governors are white men, they HATE white men because I said so.

Most of these men were grandfathered in from before the Jeppe/Bosse-types violently took over the party and started imposing penis penalties on anybody running in Democratic primaries.  I guarantee those percentages are skewed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »

of course they should have legal representation. I just don't want that legal representative to then be the gubernatorial candidate.

Also why would I care if he was the Chairman of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has been losing ground for decades. That's not a good track record.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »

penis penalties

Absolutely wonderful wordplay from one of our most prized posters.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2018, 12:52:57 PM »

Most of these men were grandfathered in from before the Jeppe/Bosse-types violently took over the party and started imposing penis penalties on anybody running in Democratic primaries.  I guarantee those percentages are skewed.

>penis penalties

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 01:03:24 PM »

Please take discussions about pickling Matt Flyn and penis penalties to another thread. Any posts about those topics after this warning will be deleted.

Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2018, 01:24:03 AM »

Kelda Roys wins the Wispolitcs Democratic Party Convention Straw Poll

Results:

Ballots cast: 800

– Governor

Total votes: 789

Kelda Roys: 184
Mahlon Mitchell: 93
Tony Evers: 91
Andy Gronik: 89
Dana Wachs: 89
Kathleen Vinehout: 83
Mike McCabe: 81
Matt Flynn: 71
Josh Pade: 7
Paul Soglin: 1 (lol)

— Lieutenant Governor

Total votes: 763

Mandela Barnes: 617
Kurt Kober: 146

— Secretary of State

Total votes: 728

Doug La Follette: 385
Arvina Marie Martin: 343

— State Treasurer

Total votes: 704

Sarah Godlewski: 530
Cynthia Kaump: 109
Dawn Marie Sass: 65

Why did an incumbent like Doug La Follette have such a close vote?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2018, 07:26:17 AM »

Kelda Roys wins the Wispolitcs Democratic Party Convention Straw Poll

Results:

Ballots cast: 800

– Governor

Total votes: 789

Kelda Roys: 184
Mahlon Mitchell: 93
Tony Evers: 91
Andy Gronik: 89
Dana Wachs: 89
Kathleen Vinehout: 83
Mike McCabe: 81
Matt Flynn: 71
Josh Pade: 7
Paul Soglin: 1 (lol)

— Lieutenant Governor

Total votes: 763

Mandela Barnes: 617
Kurt Kober: 146

— Secretary of State

Total votes: 728

Doug La Follette: 385
Arvina Marie Martin: 343

— State Treasurer

Total votes: 704

Sarah Godlewski: 530
Cynthia Kaump: 109
Dawn Marie Sass: 65

Why did an incumbent like Doug La Follette have such a close vote?

Because he's an elite that doesn't campaign for the job and doesn't think he should have to engage in a primary for the job.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies