Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:18:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 86580 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: October 27, 2018, 08:52:18 PM »

Democrats were overconfident in 2012 and 2014 about their chances of beating Walker, especially given the kind of year that 2014 was, but at least this year, they have polling to point to. While polling doesn't suggest that Walker is DOA, it does suggest that he's more likely to lose than not, and Democrats have reason to be cautiously optimistic here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #776 on: October 28, 2018, 03:04:51 AM »

Democrats were overconfident in 2012 and 2014 about their chances of beating Walker, especially given the kind of year that 2014 was, but at least this year, they have polling to point to. While polling doesn't suggest that Walker is DOA, it does suggest that he's more likely to lose than not, and Democrats have reason to be cautiously optimistic here.

This.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #777 on: October 28, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2018, 08:05:13 PM by BlueFlapjack »

These videos give me hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgyGiccYeA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w127yuKDeqY

I guess Wisconsin voters are more informed than I thought! Walker fatigue is real!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #778 on: October 28, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »

I guess Wisconsin voters are more informed than I thought! Walker fatigue is real!

Have you seen the Madison area? It's riddled with giant "VOTE" posters and lawn signs everywhere. It's far beyond anything I saw in 2016. My guess is that we'll overperform Dallet's raw numbers and relative turnout.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #779 on: October 28, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2018, 08:29:57 PM by BlueFlapjack »

Have you seen the Madison area? It's riddled with giant "VOTE" posters and lawn signs everywhere. It's far beyond anything I saw in 2016. My guess is that we'll overperform Dallet's raw numbers and relative turnout.

Yes, I have! Even in Milwaukee! I'm expecting near presidential-level turnout in Dane County and slightly higher turnout in Milwaukee. Dane residents are very elastic this time around! Even if another poll shows Walker ahead, the political mood in this state right now just screams "blue wave." More than 350k absentee ballots have been sent in WI, which is very impressive.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »

Good chunk of change for Evers for the homestretch:

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »

Yes, I have! Even in Milwaukee! I'm expecting near presidential-level turnout in Dane County and slightly higher turnout in Milwaukee. Dane residents are very elastic this time around! Even if another poll shows Walker ahead, the political mood in this state right now just screams "blue wave." More than 350k absentee ballots have been sent in WI, which is very impressive.

If Milwaukee can turn out like it did in 2012 it would be wonderful but we'll see. You drive out into the country between the two cities and it's giant Republican signs everywhere.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2018, 01:31:19 PM by BlueFlapjack »

If Milwaukee can turn out like it did in 2012 it would be wonderful but we'll see. You drive out into the country between the two cities and it's giant Republican signs everywhere.

Let's hope. By the way, here is an interesing map I found on Twitter:

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #783 on: October 29, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »

Walker's like a bad case of crotch rot, just when you think you beat it, it comes back.

That sounds as gross as Scott Walker's very existence.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2018, 09:55:37 PM »

I've read somewhere that up to a quarter of registered voters in Dane and Milwaukee counties have been purged from the voter rolls. Is there any truth to that? This seems like an enormous figure.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »

I've read somewhere that up to a quarter of registered voters in Dane and Milwaukee counties have been purged from the voter rolls. Is there any truth to that? This seems like an enormous figure.

I think I might have a spreadsheet at work, but yeah that's pretty close to accurate. I'll see if I can find the numbers tomorrow.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:43 PM »

I think I might have a spreadsheet at work, but yeah that's pretty close to accurate. I'll see if I can find the numbers tomorrow.

.........this is INSANE.

Under what pretense were they removed? And how many of them would have been likely to vote if they hadn't been disenfranchised? Could they reapply for registration?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #787 on: October 29, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »

.........this is INSANE.

Under what pretense were they removed? And how many of them would have been likely to vote if they hadn't been disenfranchised? Could they reapply for registration?

Wisconsin has same-day registration, so that'll mitigate some of the blow at least.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #788 on: October 29, 2018, 10:44:25 PM »

.........this is INSANE.

Wisconsin has same-day registration, so that'll mitigate some of the blow at least.

Thank God.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »

.........this is INSANE.

Thank God.

This happened too:

21,000 Milwaukee residents will get their voter registrations reinstated before the election.

Also, a lot of the places where the % was higher were in counties with large colleges. So it would make sense that folks would get removed from the rolls after they left the area after school. Like I was probably one of the names that got purged from Dane County, considering I am now a Maryland voter.

That being said, I don't doubt that some of this was nefarious.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »

Okay, so this isn't quite as alarming as it sounded to me. Good.

The solution to this would be to have a national voter registry that keeps track when you move to a different state, but of course Americans don't want that because something something BIG GUVMENT!!
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #791 on: October 30, 2018, 02:17:27 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2018, 02:24:29 AM by BlueFlapjack »

This "Brad Kowieski" person could be being a little biased because looking at his Twitter feed, he seems to be a big Walker supporter and even denied the accuracy of the Marist poll. However, a tie is the most likely result of tommorrow's MU poll based on his alleged "early call" to the pollster.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #792 on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:27 AM »

Is Marquette in the habit of tipping people off about their poll results before they release or complete them lol?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #793 on: October 30, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »

Is Marquette in the habit of tipping people off about their poll results before they release or complete them lol?

I interpreted "early call" as meaning his early prediction of the result, not inside info on the poll.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #794 on: October 30, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »

This "Brad Kowieski" person could be being a little biased because looking at his Twitter feed, he seems to be a big Walker supporter and even denied the accuracy of the Marist poll. However, a tie is the most likely result of tommorrow's MU poll based on his alleged "early call" to the pollster.
Sounds about right to me. One can really see that Walker winning back WOW is key to a victory here.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #795 on: October 30, 2018, 09:20:59 AM »

Sounds about right to me. One can really see that Walker winning back WOW is key to a victory here.

Walker is not as strong in WOW as you think he is.

He did worse than Ron Johnson on the same ballot in 2010 in WOW despite doing better statewide than Ron.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #796 on: October 30, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2018, 10:55:40 AM by BlueFlapjack »

I interpreted "early call" as meaning his early prediction of the result, not inside info on the poll.

Fair enough. It was 2 a.m. when I shared that Tweet, so perhaps I wasn't reading critically.

Walker is not as strong in WOW as you think he is.

He did worse than Ron Johnson on the same ballot in 2010 in WOW despite doing better statewide than Ron.

You're absolutely right. WOW is trending D thanks to Trump's alienation of suburbanites (especially white suburban women).

Also, I contacted Emerson earlier this month and they said they'd be conducting a poll for Wisconsin at the end of October, so does this mean WI will be getting another poll this week or right before Election Day?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #797 on: October 30, 2018, 01:15:10 PM »

Interesting tidbits from this recent WI-06 poll:

The WI-06 race is pretty tight (50-48 Grothman)
Swing in this district is 15 points D.
And, perhaps most interesting... the US Senate and Governors race are "within 2 points" of the congressional race. If so, then a split decision in the WI-06 district would indicate a solid Evers/Baldwin victory.

https://twitter.com/ChangePolls/status/1057119295820333056

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #798 on: October 30, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

And, perhaps most interesting... the US Senate and Governors race are "within 2 points" of the congressional race. If so, then a split decision in the WI-06 district would indicate a solid Evers/Baldwin victory.

If Walker is winning WI-06 by 10 or fewer points, he really can't win.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #799 on: October 30, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »

If it's at all close in WI-06, it's in landslide territory.

If Walker is winning WI-06 by 10 or fewer points, he really can't win.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies