KS-GOV: Kelly (D) 41% Kobach (R) 39% Orman (I) 9%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  KS-GOV: Kelly (D) 41% Kobach (R) 39% Orman (I) 9%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KS-GOV: Kelly (D) 41% Kobach (R) 39% Orman (I) 9%  (Read 2992 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »

Remember Chris Daggett? Yeah, me neither. I don't even know if I spelled the name right. What I can say is that this race will come down to turn out just like any other, Orman can have his single digits result and no one will care.

That was New Jersey though. We don't have very high rates of third party support. Third parties got about 6% of the vote in Kansas in 2016, while in New Jersey it was barely 2%. Orman can make an impact.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 03:07:59 AM »

Remember Chris Daggett? Yeah, me neither. I don't even know if I spelled the name right. What I can say is that this race will come down to turn out just like any other, Orman can have his single digits result and no one will care.

That was New Jersey though. We don't have very high rates of third party support. Third parties got about 6% of the vote in Kansas in 2016, while in New Jersey it was barely 2%. Orman can make an impact.

Third parties got 2% in Kansas in 2012. That sort of thing varies based on candidates and context.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »

Third parties got 2% in Kansas in 2012. That sort of thing varies based on candidates and context.

Sure but that also means that third parties did even worse in New Jersey in 2012. My point is that Chris Daggett isn't equivalent to Greg Orman who is much more well established in a state that is likely to have a fair amount of defections from both major parties.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies