Ukrainian presidential election, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:54:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukrainian presidential election, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will make it into the second round? (2 votes)
Petro Poroshenko (BPP)

Yulia Tymoshenko (BA)

Anatoliy Hrytsenko (GP)

Yuri Boyko (OB)

Vladimir Zelenski (SN)

Svyatoslav Vakarchuk (IND)

Oleg Lyashko (RP)

Vadim Rabynovych (ZZ)

Andrii Sadovyi (SP)

Evgeny Murayev (IND)

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Ukrainian presidential election, 2019  (Read 20699 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: November 02, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »

Will the split in the Orthodox Church affect voters on the issues?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2019, 12:38:37 PM by PSOL »

Is the recent scandal involving Zelenky’s artistic property in Russia gonna hurt him in the polls?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »

Has anyone actually seen Zelensky's TV show? What's it like? What's the tone? Is it comparable to the West Wing? To In the Thick of It?
Yeah, essentially a schoolteacher leads a liberal government that is viewed positively by the people due to his hard stance against corruption and the Administration’s honesty. It trashes career politicians, their masters’ the oligarchs, and nepotism. I haven’t seen West Wing, so maybe other people will have to fill in. If you’re so curious, it’s on Netflix right now for U.S. viewers called “Servant of the People”.

It was honestly pretty funny and chill. But to me the best star was the bodyguard and the diplomat’s advisor, not the President.

Also ,how deep are Zelensky’s ties to that oligarch? I thought he was relatively clean regarding corruption compared to at least Tymoshenko?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:36:32 PM »

Some news
Today Andrei Sadovyi (mayor of Lviv, had 2-3% in polls) and Dmytro Gnap (minor candidate) dropped out from the race and announced their support towards Anatoliy Hrytsenko.

There are 3 ongoing HUGE scandals in Ukrainan politics.

1) It wasn't a big secret that Pororshenko and other government officials are involved in corruption schemes around military-industrial complex. But latest journalist investigationmade it clear that top managers of Ukrainian military-industrial complex and top Poroshnko's ally (and his friend for many years) partiipated in fishy schemes.
https://www.rferl.org/a/weeks-ahead-of-ukraine-vote-poroshenko-under-fire-over-smuggling-claim/29791859.html
Btw, in few days journalists will release second part of investigation.

2) Top officials from both Poroshenko's and Tymoshenko's parties in Kherson region were accused in organizing of killing anti-corruption activist Kateryna Handziuk. Speaker of regional legislature Manger, from Tymoshenko's party, was indicted.
https://112.international/article/who-is-who-in-acid-attack-murder-of-ukrainian-activist-handziuk-36970.html
However other two guys from Poroshenko's party, governor Hordeyev and his deputy Ryshchuk for now are clear from charges.

3) Constitutional Court (controlled by government) has killed major anti-corruption law, and public is angry.
https://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/constitutional_court_ruling_undermines_anti_corruption_achievements_in_ukra

Sad  RIP FF

Not that I expected Sadovyi to go anywhere, and this is a responsible move from him. It would be great were Hrytsenko bumped back up into the top tier, I would take him over the top three. Endorsed by default for now.

Another major thing going on recently is the Rada failed to pass a major defense reform which would have brought the Ukrainian army up to NATO standards. This is a major embarrassment for the government.
How did that occur and what was the vote breakdown? Seems like an incredibly stupid thing to vote down such an essential legislation.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

Far-Right militias take roles as election observers, possible police clashes likely to occur
He is one of 363 members of the National Militia movement, a camouflage-clad group known for its appeals to patriotism and promise “to use force to establish order”, who have officially registered to monitor the vote.

Their planned presence in polling stations across the country has caused concern about the prospect of violence during a close election that will decide who leads a country at the hard edge of a standoff between Russia and the West.

The movement, which has repeatedly collided with police, says its members may take control of ballot boxes and close polling stations pending the arrival of police if they detect cheating, setting up possible confrontations.

The PR moves against Ukraine would just be escalated if these militias cause even further problems.Ukrainian stability would not look good if the militias ballot-stuff their candidates in office.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »

The results were rigged by the current President, Petro Poroshenko. I am personally convinced of this

don't worry, he's done in second round
I understand, but I would like to see President Tymoshenko, not a comedian Zelensky
If Tymoshenko’s party gets a majority this year, and if the Ukrainian people organize for the interest of Ukraine, you can probably weather this storm out. These flukes happen, it is always the responsibility of the people to not give up the search for justice no matter what happens electorally. Vote for her next election and ensure your people’s struggle since EuroMaidan isn’t co-opted and crushed by the thieves and cheaters behind the curtain.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »

I wonder, does Ukraine have a functioning impeachment policy for the presidency. How are constitutional balances faring since EuroMaidan if the runoff winner turns incompetent and malicious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies