Trump at U.N. General Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:43:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump at U.N. General Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump at U.N. General Assembly  (Read 3117 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 04:11:48 PM »

U.S. President Trump addresses UN General Assembly (2018, colorized)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 05:18:54 PM »

This speech was a rallying cry for reactionism and global white supremacy.  There’s no other way to reasonably put it.

Which parts in particular?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »

This speech was a rallying cry for reactionism and global white supremacy.  There’s no other way to reasonably put it.

Yeah what on earth are you talking about?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »

I suppose this constitutes "reactionism and global white supremacy"...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh no, Trump says each country has the right to self-determination and to be respected as a unique member of the global community. That Fascist swine!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »

I suppose this constitutes "reactionism and global white supremacy"...

Oh no, Trump says each country has the right to self-determination and to be respected as a unique member of the global community. That Fascist swine!

While I am not convinced the above passage constitutes some sort of call to arms for Caucasian fascists, there are such a things as subtext and dog-whistling, which Trump absolutely does practice. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 06:45:38 PM »

President Trump, they're laughing at you! Not with you! You deserve it, you frigging dolt. You're a human punchline and always have been, and the only thing more embarrassing than your existence is the fact that Americans got you elected.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »

He's the laughingstock of the world and doesn't even realize it, so pathetic.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 10:45:31 PM »

Well, that guy, certainly, did not expect that reaction either Smiley
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 12:52:30 AM »

Trump talked much about threats from China, Iran without saying a single word about Russia. Seems he denies Russia's interference again. And he forgot about Mueller investigation
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 12:53:15 AM »

There is no threat to the US from Iran.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 01:40:05 AM »

Trump talked much about threats from China, Iran without saying a single word about Russia. Seems he denies Russia's interference again. And he forgot about Mueller investigation

Of course he denies. He did so next to Putin, why now different?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 04:30:45 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2018, 09:28:57 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/Voices/2018/09/25/Full-text-President-Donald-Trumps-speech-to-United-Nations/1511537892605/

Quote from: Restricted

Good for Trump.  He's not wrong on any of this.

The philosophy of the bulk of the UN is to bash the US on a World Stage, with the response of the US being that of a fraternity pledge being paddled saying "THANK YOU, SIR!  MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?" and just taking it.  Trump's speech was long overdue.  Let them laugh.  His speech angered flunkies at the CFR; let them seethe.  

This is why Trump was elected, and these sentiments represented the points in our politics where the left and the right intersected.  Globalism hasn't been good for either.  Trump was also right on the money in his criticism of the UN Human Rights Council (a group of phonies if there ever was one):

And he reiterated an idea that is as old as the Eisenhower Administration; the idea of a cost-benefit examination of our alliances:

There's a reason Trump was elected.  One of those reasons is because NORMAL AMERICANS failed to see the benefits of the globalism that was forced on them by leaders of both parties.  Trump has challenged this, and the World hasn't come to an end.  Indeed, the World is, arguably, better off that this is being challenged.  The characterization of this speech as "White Nationalism" is propaganda worthy of the Kremlin during the Stalin years.  It is asserting America's interests on a World Stage in an appropriate way, while calling out much of the phoniness of the UN, which Americans have put up with passively for a long time.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 05:30:48 AM »

Excellent speech by Donald Trump.

I shake my head when I hear other nations laugh and mock and act smug. I have this American chip on my shoulder, because I understand as they often forget, that the very reason many of these nations even exist is because of the United States.

When they talk about the Denmark economy, they have an economy because we saved Europe. When they discuss the German healthcare system, they only have a healthcare system because we allowed Germany to still be a country after 1945. Many within the Truman administration were in favor of no longer letting Germany even exist as a sovereign country following two World Wars they started. I do get a little bit of that "we brought you into this world, we can take you out" mentality.

The point is, globalism is horrible. It hurts people. Each country should focus on their own self interests.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 07:04:58 AM »

I have this American chip on my shoulder, because I understand as they often forget, that the very reason many of these nations even exist is because of the United States.

You sound remarkably Soviet. Is this what you got at the latest meeting of the Communist Party of the A(mercian)SSR, or was it the reasoning of your KGB recruiter?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 08:31:22 AM »

Trump looked unusually orange during that speech...I think he fell asleep in the tanning bed again
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 06:02:53 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408642-trump-on-laughter-during-un-speech-they-werent-laughing-at-me-they

I think it's safe to say he's completely delusional.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »

Yet again, I will emphasize:

President Trump, they're laughing at you! Not with you! You deserve it, you frigging dolt. You're a human punchline and always have been, and the only thing more embarrassing than your existence is the fact that Americans got you elected.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »

But the rest of the world doesn't matter. If England laughs at us...so what? We got rid of them 240 years ago. If France laughs at us, so what? They'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us.

Sometimes the loudest whiners forget that we gave them the opportunity to prosper. If they keep it up, maybe we won't be so willing to help next time.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »

But the rest of the world doesn't matter. If England laughs at us...so what? We got rid of them 240 years ago. If France laughs at us, so what? They'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us.

Sometimes the loudest whiners forget that we gave them the opportunity to prosper. If they keep it up, maybe we won't be so willing to help next time.

When the man getting laughed at ran a campaign at least somewhat based on no longer being the world's laughingstock, it isn't a matter of "so what?" when he attracts that very same reaction that he said he would prevent.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2018, 09:08:49 PM »

I shake my head when I hear other nations laugh and mock and act smug. I have this American chip on my shoulder, because I understand as they often forget, that the very reason many of these nations even exist is because of the United States.

When they talk about the Denmark economy, they have an economy because we saved Europe. When they discuss the German healthcare system, they only have a healthcare system because we allowed Germany to still be a country after 1945. Many within the Truman administration were in favor of no longer letting Germany even exist as a sovereign country following two World Wars they started. I do get a little bit of that "we brought you into this world, we can take you out" mentality.

The point is, globalism is horrible. It hurts people. Each country should focus on their own self interests.

Wow. Just wow.
This entire post is "the world owes us (the USA) and should just shut-up and do everything we say or ask for."
Really?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »

Is that a threat of war against the entire world?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2018, 09:31:04 PM »

Wow. Just wow.
This entire post is "the world owes us (the USA) and should just shut-up and do everything we say or ask for."
Really?

The World really does owe America far more than its political leaders acknowledge.

That's not an unreasonable statement.  A World without an America would be a frightening thing to contemplate, would it not?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »

Wow. Just wow.
Really?

The World really does owe America far more than its political leaders acknowledge.

That's not an unreasonable statement.  A World without an America would be a frightening thing to contemplate, would it not?

The world with America without Trump > the world without America > the world with America with Trump.

It is just that simple.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies