TX-Vox Populi: Tie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:59:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TX-Vox Populi: Tie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-Vox Populi: Tie  (Read 2282 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: September 20, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »

1. Who is this pollster?
2. 0% undecided in September? Really?

Another question - apparently 200 out of 500 responses were by "mobile-app based technologies." What specifically is that, and is it opt-in? It sounds like something different from calling cell phones. Since apparently they don't weight by partisanship, my guess (though I emphasize that this is pure speculation) is that this poll could be including too many Beto supporters who are opting in, and that could be skewing the result.

Also note that this is a poll of "active voters" (i.e. registered voters), not any sort of LVs.

Interestingly, the person on the "who we are" page for the pollster worked at the RNC previously.

https://poppolling.com/who-we-are/

If this is a partisan-affiliated poll, could it be that Republicans want the race to appear close in order to make Republicans think that it is close, because they are afraid Republicans won't vote otherwise since they think Dems can't win?
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »

It is RV, not LV. Specifically it is "active voters," but that is a categorization of registered voters from the Secretary of State/local elections administrators in TX that includes basically all registered voters. Ones that are not included are ones who have not voted in forever but haven't been actually purged from the rolls.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

Before they push undecideds, the race is 46-46

That other 8% are listed as leaners (4% lean Cruz and 4% lean Beto), not as undecideds. They just didn't include an option of being undecided in the poll at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies