New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:34:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 296997 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 15, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »

If you disband this party by Friday, I swear to God...
Sorry Peebs had to happen. The meme is dead Tongue

Memes never die, they just lose weight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »

De-registered

Sorry, while I still enjoy this site, I just don't really have the time or energy to stay committed to this portion of it.

Sad

"when you are here forever you get to see all your friends leave" - PiT, March 2015.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:07:35 AM »

ENCKE HAS RISEN AGAIN!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:23:21 AM »

Welcome Back! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

Welcome back to the Game!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 01:04:07 AM »

Welcome to the Game and the Party! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 10:30:21 PM »

I am completely new to this so lets see how this goes.

x-Guy
Federalist
New Jersey

Welcome to the Game and to the Party!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »

Welcome to the Game and to the Party!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »

Welcome to the Game and to the Party!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 03:10:09 AM »

Not interested in going down with the sinking ship.

Roll Eyes

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 01:17:08 AM »

So I try to mediate a difference of opinion and I end up losing two people over it. Which leads me to wonder why the hell I even try anymore, if the end result is going to be same regardless.

Of course my information is a good 24 hours, so god only knows what dumbass has said what on discord in the time since I was last on. But I do have the say this, my approach has been the same for literally years, especially since Fhtagn was my Vice Chair for so long, she should know this better than anyone, I don't take sides.

I am not joining anyone's bandwagon or anyone's crusade against anyone. I don't do that, I don't do lynch mobs. I took the same stance in December 2017, and I am taking the same stance now. If there is a problem, present the facts and give me concrete solutions or recommendations for me or for said person to correct the problem.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

It would be inconsistent of me not to count the original post as a region-change. It ain't pretty, but if the ACP can stand behind calling me a dude, I can stand behind calling Benji K a Fremonter.

As always justice takes a back seat to douchebaggery.

How is it not justice considering as she referenced there is precedent for doing so. What you tried to do was circumvent the law by moving and then deleting/editing the evidence before anyone could see it. Only mob guys would consider that to be just.

We have move restrictions to cut down on strategic registration, which is very harmful to the regions and to regional interests.

We also have a doctrine known as equal justice, the opposite of arbitrary law, by which people are upheld to the same laws regardless of who they are. This has shades of that time in June 2011, when you demanded an exception to the rule on voting twice.

Now I would agree the addendum at the end could cloud ones interpretation of the action taken, but that doesn't change the circumstances regarding the action itself. A conservative should oppose arbitrary law and a federalist conservative cares about the impacts on the regions.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »

It would be inconsistent of me not to count the original post as a region-change. It ain't pretty, but if the ACP can stand behind calling me a dude, I can stand behind calling Benji K a Fremonter.

As always justice takes a back seat to douchebaggery.

How is it not justice considering as she referenced there is precedent for doing so. What you tried to do was circumvent the law by moving and then deleting/editing the evidence before anyone could see it. Only mob guys would consider that to be just.

We have move restrictions to cut down on strategic registration, which is very harmful to the regions and to regional interests.

We also have a doctrine known as equal justice, the opposite of arbitrary law, by which people are upheld to the same laws regardless of who they are. This has shades of that time in June 2011, when you demanded an exception to the rule on voting twice.

Now I would agree the addendum at the end could cloud ones interpretation of the action taken, but that doesn't change the circumstances regarding the action itself. A conservative should oppose arbitrary law and a federalist conservative cares about the impacts on the regions.
I would think that you would understand that the blind crusade of "the law" can be a pain in the ass and bad for the game when it carries over to game operation. Tell me, would it harm me, you, or anyone if we just accepted this as mistake and allowed BK to stay in the South? This obviously wasn't a "strategic registration", the intent was clear. All this is doing is creating a problem that doesn't need to exist. This is exactly what happened last summer when some "legal expert" just had to be all like "well deregistration isn't right there in the law" despite it being a practice that was 1. arguably not illegal and 2. a well established practice that nobody cared about until it was touched by the blind crusade of "the law". It created a crisis that didn't need to be, and that in turn makes life harder for everyone over something that never mattered anyway. And that's what is happening here. This is a game, and it isn't fun to do this. It's less enjoyable when everyone has to be a real life lawyer on these things. We ought to just let there be some flexibility in situations like this, because it isn't going to negatively affect anyone to.

Actually, I was known as the King of legalism and it was a constant trope cited in the radical's anti-Yankee rhetoric. It then was taken to eleven in Mock Parliament when they objected to the codification of even the most basic rules and laws as "Yankee style legalism".

I contend that crisis was the result of deregistration existing in the first place. You can leave the game at any time, the registration falls off the rolls in short order. That is how the game worked for almost six years.

There is also a dangerous precedent set here regarding editing of posts and later claiming justification because it was correcting a mistake. This could be used to become the new deregistration to move loophole and that is my primary concern here.

And to get back to my first point, if you think the laws should apply equally to all, than it is necessary to have equal and not arbitrary enforcement. This is the very doctrine being applied that caused the radicals to despise "Yankee style legalism". We always play this game of creating rules or standards and then finding justifications to avoid them, ironically through the very same legalism you are decrying. Another BK, Bacon King's patented "loophole abuse" back in the day comes to mind. Yes, it addressed problems in the moment, but it exposed a vulnerability, a weakness that can be exploited and abused and I would contend, haven't we already seen quite a lot of abuse in this game of various kinds to know that isn't just some unlikely scenario?

The answer to avoiding abuse and having a fair and just system is and always is equal, not arbitrary justice.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »

The answer to avoiding abuse and having a fair and just system is and always is equal, not arbitrary justice.

Requiring anyone this happens to to petition congress which then must by 2/3rds agree that it happened seems pretty equal and nonarbitrary.

This system was not designed for this purpose, ready my post in the other thread.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:25 AM »

But what-if you really are moderate

Well to pick apart Barry Goldwater's quote from 1964:

While I agree that we should never moderate in the pursuit of justice, extremism has done far more to harm liberty than defend it.

Temperance, restraint and respect are not a vice and are essential to the defense of natural liberties as endowed in Article I of the Atlasian Constitution, whether that be gun rights, the right to trial by jury or free speech. The key foundation of this is that everyone has the same rights and those rights are respected.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »

I missed the April First Meme Registrations because of work.

I typically enjoy this show, especially that one time then RG Griffin took them all seriously in 2015.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »

Jefferson51
Federalist Party
Illinois

Welcome to the Game and the Party
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »

Welcome to the Game and the Party!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 03:31:40 AM »

DeadPrez
Federalist
Texas

re-registering

My god, it is has been ages, glad to see you back in the game, the party and the region.

Welcome back to the game! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 08:25:09 PM »

Now we only need NC Yankee to switch parties for a Glorious 6-0 Senate majority Tongue

There is always the bgwah method. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 03:14:36 AM »

Welcome to the Game, the Region and the Party!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »

Cant blame him, Fremont is pretty bad.

One of these days Alaska secession will happen...

This brings back so many fond memories of not giving Alaska to Russia in my Presidency.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »

Cant blame him, Fremont is pretty bad.

One of these days Alaska secession will happen...

This brings back so many fond memories of not giving Alaska to Russia in my Presidency.
Yankee is the Edmund Burke of Frémontian history —a rare statesman who took a courageous stand against the aggressors in his own country when they threatened the liberty of his neighbors.

More just a statement of reality. A free Alaska would immediately get absorbed by Russia. Or CHINA!!! Its why we kept the Philippines to keep Japan and Germany from getting their hands on it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 11:45:33 AM »

We shouldn't have to endure a deregistration crisis and all the disruptive effects that it entails because of the actions of one person. As one game and one community we should demand a better standard be set and stop conceding ground to the worst elements at the expense of the best.

Some things are more important than keeping a vote or two, particularly when you are actively losing several others.

It doesn't have to be like this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 11:34:56 PM »

Welcome back to the game and welcome to the party!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies