How did Trump win Florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:23:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How did Trump win Florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did Trump win Florida  (Read 8379 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 28, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »

He had a massive surge in turnout in the panhandle, plus Obama barely won the state in 2012. Florida is also a point or so to the right of the nation.

I don't think northern FL was decisive, since Trump's net margin in the counties along I-10 was only about 37K more than that of Romney, including only about 18K more in the five westernmost counties, both of which are far less than his 113K statewide margin of victory. Instead, in the suburban/exurban counties surrounding I-4, Trump's margins were about 230K more than Romney's, which is more than double his actual margin of victory statewide.

Yes, Citrus County, Flagler County, Volusia County, Lake County and Polk Counties did Clinton in.

So using the data from TML, it seems like the single largest contributing counties were the shift in the margins in Pinellas, Volusia, Pasco, and Brevard.

There are TONS of rich old white people in those counties. I was their neighbor for 11 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies