Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:12:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 72
Author Topic: Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal  (Read 129946 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2018, 11:39:25 AM »

The Clark numbers are now up. Elko also came in, and while 435 may sound laughable, that’s not too far off from the 2016 number. Only problem for Republicans is that the margin is less Republican than it was for the first week of 2016.

So let’s see here:
1) rural areas not looking great for Rs
2) Dems dominating in Clark/Washoe

This could get bad for the GOP if things don’t change, and they rarely do in NV early vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »

But Atlas, Nate Silver, and the "Experts" told me that Heller was going to win (even in a Dem tsunami!) because he beat a corrupt lady under ethics investigation by 1 point while getting less votes than Mitt Romney, he's an INCUMBENT, Rosen is a Weak Candidate™, and it doesn't matter that junky Nevada polls have underestimated Democrats in nearly every election over the past decade and that they should be taken at face value!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »

But Atlas, Nate Silver, and the "Experts" told me that Heller was going to win (even in a Dem tsunami!) because he beat a corrupt lady under ethics investigation by 1 point while getting less votes than Mitt Romney, he's an INCUMBENT, Rosen is a Weak Candidate™, and it doesn't matter that junky Nevada polls have underestimated Democrats in nearly every election over the past decade and that they should be taken at face value!

I was ridiculed when I said NV-GOV was more likely to flip than WI-GOV.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »

Smiley But Marist told me Heller will win re-election at the same time Evers wins by double digits. Smiley
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:26 PM »

Smiley But Marist told me Heller will win re-election at the same time Evers wins by double digits. Smiley

Well, there are those junky Walker +1 and Rosen +2 polls, but they were conducted by Ma(R)quette and Pee Pee Pee (D D D), so I’ll still trust Marist, tbh.
bilaps
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »

Clark numbers aren't really that bad for republicans if you consider 2016 as a base year and not 2014. Even Ralston said that there are problems with taking 2014 numbers cause there was no competitive race. When we take Clark numbers (both early vote and absentee numbers) there is 4k difference and around 10% D lead. After week 1 in 2016 lead was 40k votes and 15%.

But Washoe numbers are bad for republicans. They would need much better showing there.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »

Clark numbers aren't really that bad for republicans if you consider 2016 as a base year and not 2014. Even Ralston said that there are problems with taking 2014 numbers cause there was no competitive race. When we take Clark numbers (both early vote and absentee numbers) there is 4k difference and around 10% D lead. After week 1 in 2016 lead was 40k votes and 15%.

But Washoe numbers are bad for republicans. They would need much better showing there.

The thing is that, since turnout is lower than 2016, Democrats wouldn't need as large of a lead, in terms of raw votes, to be effectively ahead. Also, as I mentioned, adding up the absentee vote and the in person vote right now isn't really going to give accurate numbers, since we only have one day of in person voting, but we have absentees from a few weeks.

We'll have a better idea how the numbers compare to 2016 by the end of the week.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »

There was a competitive race in 2014, actually. Unbeatable Titan Adam Laxalt won the Attorney General race by <1 point. But I'm sure he'll win the governor's mansion easily in a much better D climate, because junk polls told me so. Smiley
bilaps
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »

The thing is that, since turnout is lower than 2016, Democrats wouldn't need as large of a lead, in terms of raw votes, to be effectively ahead. Also, as I mentioned, adding up the absentee vote and the in person vote right now isn't really going to give accurate numbers, since we only have one day of in person voting, but we have absentees from a few weeks.

We'll have a better idea how the numbers compare to 2016 by the end of the week.

Yeah, I agree.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »

There was a competitive race in 2014, actually. Unbeatable Titan Adam Laxalt won the Attorney General race by <1 point. But I'm sure he'll win the governor's mansion easily in a much better D climate, because junk polls told me so. Smiley

The AG race? No offense but AG races across the country do not really inspire people to turn out in droves to the polls.
bilaps
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2018, 02:16:05 PM »

Latest Fl update have Republicans at 406,118, Democrats at 354,056

With others and NPA it's 923,652 people that already voted by mail.

So, so far it's 52k advantage republicans. At the end of 2014 process margin was 118k and in 2016 it was 59k.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »

The AG race? No offense but AG races across the country do not really inspire people to turn out in droves to the polls.

But turnout among Democrats already bottomed out in Nevada (2014), which led to huge losses at every level for them. So turnout wasn't the issue for Laxalt. He had the worst performance of all Republicans running for statewide office. Yes, it's debatable exactly how much people knew about the row officers they were voting for, but they clearly had some idea because the results tended to vary between races, with Laxalt barely winning his while his colleagues went on to comfortable wins (or flat out landslides).

I don't know how much this speaks to his possible performance this cycle, but there is certainly more reason to believe he's a "weaker" candidate than not.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »

Exactly. It was pathetic that Laxalt could only win by less than a point despite Dem turnout being anemic in Nevada.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2018, 02:22:14 PM »

So, so far it's 52k advantage republicans. At the end of 2014 process margin was 118k and in 2016 it was 59k.
NPA is going to be what brings the race home for Nelson and Gillum.  Indys are crazy Dem this year.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »

Exactly. It was pathetic that Laxalt could only win by less than a point despite Dem turnout being anemic in Nevada.
To be fair, Ross Miller was a strong candidate.
bilaps
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2018, 02:38:37 PM »

NPA is going to be what brings the race home for Nelson and Gillum.  Indys are crazy Dem this year.

Well, let's wait and see. It's not gonna be by-mail democrats for sure. They will again leave tons of votes not casted. 
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »

This is a pretty interesting bit from Ralston's early vote in Nevada blog:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »

If an uninspiring candidate like Rosen can pull this off with new voters and "missing" voters, just imagine what dynamic candidates like Abrams and Gillum can do.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2018, 04:38:36 PM »

This is what makes me wonder about this year's LV screening model.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »

Looks like a few hundred more votes were added to Clark, so now it's 30.4K for Saturday. The margin is just about the same in terms of percentage (48.4-33.5 in favor of the Democrats), but that's a slightly larger raw vote margin.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »

Clark and Washoe have polling sites open today, so we should be getting updates this evening.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2018, 07:10:53 PM »

Scary numbers for the GOP.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2018, 07:30:29 PM »

Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »

anyone know where we can find numbers for NC? I voted Friday and the line to vote was very long.
bilaps
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »

Scary numbers for the GOP.

Ralston going hard against his own reporting that 2014 isn't good year to compare.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies