Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72
Author Topic: Early & Absentee Voting Megathread - Build the Freiwal  (Read 129154 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: November 02, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »

2016 last day was 42,932
2014 last day was 22,059

So pretty good - very close to 2016 turnout there.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1501 on: November 03, 2018, 12:03:09 AM »

It's funny how earlier tonight people were going nuts over Clark possibly breaking 40k turnout and now it's almost certain we're going to see 50k+ turnout.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #1502 on: November 03, 2018, 12:22:18 AM »

All hail the Great Freiwal, our destiny and salvation! Blessed be Saint Harry and may he be eternally thanked for his great workings in the realm of Nevada!

In all seriousness, I hope these numbers can compel the forum to focus on more interesting Senate races through Election Day.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1503 on: November 03, 2018, 12:27:05 AM »

All hail the Great Freiwal, our destiny and salvation! Blessed be Saint Harry and may he be eternally thanked for his great workings in the realm of Nevada!

In all seriousness, I hope these numbers can compel the forum to focus on more interesting Senate races through Election Day.

Nah, Atlas will go back to thinking Heller wins (even during a Democratic tsunami!) the next time an Emerson poll shows him ahead.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1504 on: November 03, 2018, 12:33:25 AM »

Does anybody know the exact moment the Nevada Senate race was decided? I do!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1505 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36:21 AM »

Hopefully I can add 1 to the absentee ballot numbers as soon as I actually get my ballot. Of course, I'll have to return it ASAP.

Honestly Jacky Rosen is going to be one of the more right wing Democrats there is. I wouldn't start worshiping her. I'm much more excited to vote for breaking up monopolies and automatic voter registration and voting for Aaron Ford, Kate Marshall, Nelson Arajuo, and Steve Sisolak. I'm not even too found of Susie Lee given her background with charter schools but public education isn't something the House has much control over. 
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1506 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36:37 AM »

Does anybody know the exact moment the Nevada Senate race was decided? I do!

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1507 on: November 03, 2018, 12:38:57 AM »

When will we know the tally?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1508 on: November 03, 2018, 12:42:04 AM »

Hopefully I can add 1 to the absentee ballot numbers as soon as I actually get my ballot. Of course, I'll have to return it ASAP.

Honestly Jacky Rosen is going to be one of the more right wing Democrats there is. I wouldn't start worshiping her. I'm much more excited to vote for breaking up monopolies and automatic voter registration and voting for Aaron Ford, Kate Marshall, Nelson Arajuo, and Steve Sisolak. I'm not even too found of Susie Lee given her background with charter schools but public education isn't something the House has much control over. 

I never even cared about Jacky Rosen at first. In fact, I didn't even know who she was until I came back to Atlas about a year ago and stated tuning into politics again. Yet all I see on Atlas is how she's a weak, awful, toxic, worst candidate ever. Expecting the worst, I look her up, and what do I find? Literally a generic Democrat. No scandals, absolutely nothing wrong with her, except people not liking her haircut or speaking skills. Atlas's constant idiocy about her and this race in general is what made me a Rosen fanboy, just to counter all the flagrant stupidity here.

And the fact that Atlas and the pundits were all convinced that Dean Heller, who only beat a corrupt lady under ethics investigation who looks like a wax figure by 1 point while getting less votes than Mitt Romney, was some Unbeatable Titan who could be re-elected even in a Democratic tsunami because of the aforementioned factors plus junk polls (which are ALWAYS wrong in Nevada) showing him ahead only intensified the feeling.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1509 on: November 03, 2018, 12:44:44 AM »

According to Ralston, all the polling stations are closed.
new_patomic

« Reply #1510 on: November 03, 2018, 12:46:06 AM »

SCNCmod

« Reply #1511 on: November 03, 2018, 12:48:14 AM »

What the Story in AZ?
SCNCmod

« Reply #1512 on: November 03, 2018, 01:04:58 AM »

Are the early vote number in Florida as dire for Dems (Nelson/ Gillum) as twitter is making it sound?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1513 on: November 03, 2018, 01:06:01 AM »

Are the early vote number in Florida as dire for Dems (Nelson/ Gillum) as twitter is making it sound?
Who on twitter is saying things are dire?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1514 on: November 03, 2018, 01:06:06 AM »

President Hillary Clinton agrees that Florida early voting numbers tell us anything about who will win.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1515 on: November 03, 2018, 01:06:26 AM »

Dems on pace to whittle the advantage down to R+7 tomorrow which would be about the same as the 2016 EV gap

Considering Dems lost AZ in 2016... is this a worrisome early vote result for Dems?
SCNCmod

« Reply #1516 on: November 03, 2018, 01:08:12 AM »

Well at least that Dems are much further behind that in 2016... when Dems were ahead in EV and still lost FL.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1517 on: November 03, 2018, 01:08:49 AM »

Republicans are pretty much screwed on Tuesday.

I will likely make my final predictions tomorrow, unless there are some final polls on Monday.

But I'm more going by past Dem wave election trends, special election results and early-voting trends this time and ignore the polls, such as the R-leaning ones in TN and TX (which I think will be really close races).
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1518 on: November 03, 2018, 01:09:29 AM »

Well at least that Dems are much further behind that in 2016... when Dems were ahead in EV and still lost FL.
Don’t. Compare. Presidential. EV. To. Midterm. Ones.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1519 on: November 03, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »

Early vote in 2016 had next to nothing to do with why Clinton narrowly lost.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1520 on: November 03, 2018, 01:11:38 AM »

Dems on pace to whittle the advantage down to R+7 tomorrow which would be about the same as the 2016 EV gap

Considering Dems lost AZ in 2016... is this a worrisome early vote result for Dems?

Note that Indys broke nicely for the Rs and Trump in 2016 because of an anti-Hillary climate.

Today, Indys are breaking strongly Dem - which could overcome even a moderate R turnout advantage. See the special elections in AZ and elsewhere, where Indys broke about 2-1 for the Dems.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1521 on: November 03, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »

Some rurals just came in, and took about 1.7K off the Democratic margin. Turnout was up (except in Lyon, where it went way down), and Elko is still out, but given that the Democratic margin statewide is about 12.8K by my calculations, if they get a robust margin in Clark and a tie in Washoe, there's a chance that their statewide lead could get over 20K.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: November 03, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »

Some rurals just came in, and took about 1.7K off the Democratic margin. Turnout was up (except in Lyon, where it went way down), and Elko is still out, but given that the Democratic margin statewide is about 12.8K by my calculations, if they get a robust margin in Clark and a tie in Washoe, there's a chance that their statewide lead could get over 20K.

In case anyone is wondering about Lyon: Lyon only had one early voting spot open today.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #1523 on: November 03, 2018, 01:49:02 AM »

I will likely make my final predictions tomorrow, unless there are some final polls on Monday.

But I'm more going by past Dem wave election trends, special election results and early-voting trends this time and ignore the polls, such as the R-leaning ones in TN and TX (which I think will be really close races).

The overwhelming majority of predictions based on the early vote fail miserably. My model, the final predictions of which I will be posting soon, will ignore the early vote. We'll see what method fares better this time around.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1524 on: November 03, 2018, 01:50:21 AM »

The overwhelming majority of predictions based on the early vote fail miserably. My model, the final predictions of which I will be posting soon, will ignore the early vote. We'll see what method fares better this time around.

Other states maybe, but I feel like ignoring early in NV may be a mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies