ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:45:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX)  (Read 3814 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: September 12, 2018, 09:11:30 PM »

Not insurmountable by any means but it should be concerning for her camp that she has not led in a single poll of this race in a state that is much redder than even 2012. If future polls continue to show Montana being competitive I could easily see her getting triaged

When you say 'is much redder than even 2012', are you talking about Trump's win expanding the GOP electorate or something? Because GWB won by somewhat similar margins in both 2000 and 2004. It was almost 30 points in 2000, and while Trump's was bigger, the actual % Trump got was not anything special in comparison to GWB. Most of Trump's extra margin % was just anti-Clinton voters going 3rd party. The only difference I guess is that polarization has locked in more voters for Republicans there, but it's still swingy enough for Democrats to win. Just maybe not as much as they used to. Also keep in mind that over the past 40 years, Democrats have held North Dakota's 2 Senate seats more often than Republicans. (link)

All-in-all, I don't buy this "Trump changed the Dakotas" argument. They were already voting bigly for Republicans a generation ago and Democrats were still winning Senate/House seats there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies