ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ND-SEN: Cramer leads by 4, 48-44 (FOX)  (Read 3705 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:27:01 PM »

Cue the panic in 3...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/fox-news-poll-republican-challenger-ahead-in-north-dakota-senate-race.html
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:07 PM »

tossup
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »

Not good...but not bad either, considering it's the new trend to consider Heitkamp "DOA." Seems like this race hasn't moved at all since Cramer jumped in. Heitkamp is the underdog, but she could definitely still pull it out.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »

Retail politics = tilt D
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »

Not that surprising of a result, given what we've heard recently. To think I was ridiculed for suggesting that she might do worse than McCaskill and Donnelly in early 2017 Wink. Anyway, Fox is actually a decent  pollster, so this is concerning for Heitkamp, but it's not insurmountable. She could beat the polls again, for all I know.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »

Not insurmountable by any means but it should be concerning for her camp that she has not led in a single poll of this race in a state that is much redder than even 2012. If future polls continue to show Montana being competitive I could easily see her getting triaged
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 05:49:25 PM »

Not insurmountable by any means but it should be concerning for her camp that she has not led in a single poll of this race in a state that is much redder than even 2012. If future polls continue to show Montana being competitive I could easily see her getting triaged

Shes not getting triaged. Regardless of everything, democrats have plenty of money and North Dakota is a cheap state to run ads in.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 05:50:03 PM »

Looks correct.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »

Shes not getting triaged. Regardless of everything, democrats have plenty of money and North Dakota is a cheap state to run ads in.

This nonsense about Heitkamp getting triaged is rapidly becoming a bad joke.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:47 PM »

It does not matter if Heidi gets triaged now, she has enough money in her warchest right now for the rest of this race anyways.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

Lean R.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »

Yikes. Consistent with the takes that she's the most vulnerable Democrat.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »

The overdramatics at this place are really something else. Heidi being down 4 is somehow "YIKES!!! OMG!!!!" worthy. This is a 36pt-Trump-lead state and Kramer can barely get 4% or more ahead of Heidi? It doesn't appear that he seems to be doing much around the state to change that, either. The literally 2 polls we've gotten both have Cramer +4, so add in Heidi's incumbency advantage and the favorable Dem environment, it's another tossup right now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »

Heitkamp needs to vote for Kavanaugh if she wants to really have a good chance to win
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »

Heitkamp needs to vote for Kavanaugh if she wants to really have a good chance to win

Obviously she is going to vote for Kavanaugh. She is not an idiot.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »

Not a great result but the race hasn’t moved since Cramer jumped in... Heirkamp’a got a lot more money and is running a WAY better campaign. Still a tossup in my book.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 07:24:24 PM »

Not a great result but the race hasn’t moved since Cramer jumped in... Heirkamp’a got a lot more money and is running a WAY better campaign. Still a tossup in my book.

Yep. Plus, wasn't she just endorsed by the largest farmer's union in the state today?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »

She's not an idiot when it comes to her electoral prospects, but anyone voting for Kavanaugh is still an idiot when it comes to having any sort of concern for the future of our country.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

FINALLY, A GOOD POLLSTER TOUCHES THE STATE. Anyway, Im actually surprised this is only R+4. I thought she would be down by more, especially since she was down by 4 in July as well. Perhaps Cramer is rather weak? Or perhaps this race wont change? Time will tell, but this does indicate a tossup, and not lean R race.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 08:36:12 PM »

Encouraging (and not all that surprising considering that the GOP is running a pretty good campaign in ND), but Tester megacoattails will save her for sure. Likely D.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 08:45:45 PM »

She's not an idiot when it comes to her electoral prospects, but anyone voting for Kavanaugh is still an idiot when it comes to having any sort of concern for the future of our country.

Agreed – they should really force Trump to nominate Barrett and vote to confirm her instead. I'm not holding out hope, though.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »

Dont panic....Heidi buttering up thise ND farmers as we speak

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 09:11:30 PM »

When you say 'is much redder than even 2012', are you talking about Trump's win expanding the GOP electorate or something? Because GWB won by somewhat similar margins in both 2000 and 2004. It was almost 30 points in 2000, and while Trump's was bigger, the actual % Trump got was not anything special in comparison to GWB. Most of Trump's extra margin % was just anti-Clinton voters going 3rd party. The only difference I guess is that polarization has locked in more voters for Republicans there, but it's still swingy enough for Democrats to win. Just maybe not as much as they used to. Also keep in mind that over the past 40 years, Democrats have held North Dakota's 2 Senate seats more often than Republicans. (link)

All-in-all, I don't buy this "Trump changed the Dakotas" argument. They were already voting bigly for Republicans a generation ago and Democrats were still winning Senate/House seats there.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »

Not bad for Heitkamp considering everyone is writing her political obituary. She's hanging in there.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 07:13:53 AM »

When you say 'is much redder than even 2012', are you talking about Trump's win expanding the GOP electorate or something? Because GWB won by somewhat similar margins in both 2000 and 2004. It was almost 30 points in 2000, and while Trump's was bigger, the actual % Trump got was not anything special in comparison to GWB. Most of Trump's extra margin % was just anti-Clinton voters going 3rd party. The only difference I guess is that polarization has locked in more voters for Republicans there, but it's still swingy enough for Democrats to win. Just maybe not as much as they used to. Also keep in mind that over the past 40 years, Democrats have held North Dakota's 2 Senate seats more often than Republicans. (link)

All-in-all, I don't buy this "Trump changed the Dakotas" argument. They were already voting bigly for Republicans a generation ago and Democrats were still winning Senate/House seats there.

I think it's just that Clinton's 27% in ND was absolutely abysmal and voting has become more polarized since the Bush era.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies