Trump hates blind people too.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:30:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump hates blind people too.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump hates blind people too.  (Read 718 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »

What's wrong with that guy?

https://politicalwire.com/2018/09/12/trump-demanded-to-have-braille-removed-from-elevators/

“According to Res’s account, an architect came to Trump’s office to show him designs for the interiors of residential elevator cabs in Trump Tower, which also hosts businesses. He noticed dots next to the buttons and asked what they were… Trump then told the architect to ‘get rid of it,’ and the architect resisted, saying doing so would be against the law.”

Said Trump: “Get rid of the ing Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it.”
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 01:05:04 PM »

Funny thing: I've seen plenty of blind people walking around, but the braille signs are always so tiny/out of the way seemingly that I've never seen a blind person "read" one of these signs.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »

Trump is the type of guy who would take a $20 bill from a blind person and tell him it was a $5 bill
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »

Trump has long tried to keep disabled people from participating in society. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2016/05/trumps-war-on-disabled-veteran-vendors-000637?slide=0

We all know how he mocked that disabled reporter.  And google "Trump disabled access" and look at the results.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »

Of course he does.
Remember when he did this ...

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »

You guys believe everything and everyone but Trump. It's pretty humorous to see all the usual sh-t posters jumping on the bandwagon.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »

You guys believe everything and everyone but Trump. It's pretty humorous to see all the usual sh-t posters jumping on the bandwagon.
And you believe nothing and no one except Trump.  It's pretty sad to see you on the bandwagon.  The guy is a pathological liar.  He has no conscience and no moral compass.  You show such blind loyalty to somebody who would toss you off a cliff if you were blocking the view.  Smh.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »

And you believe nothing and no one except Trump.  It's pretty sad to see you on the bandwagon.  The guy is a pathological liar.  He has no conscience and no moral compass.  You show such blind loyalty to somebody who would toss you off a cliff if you were blocking the view.  Smh.

It's worse. Sanchez has a disabled brother in need of healthcare, yet he accepts trump's consistent attacks (on many levels) towards people where special care is essential to live.
Basically, Sanchez puts trump before his brother. Sad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 03:21:55 PM »

Sanchez wished for the Parkland survivors to be shot and die, so I don't get it why some people are surprised by his affection for a sociopath.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »

To an extent he has a problem with everyone except for himself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »

And you believe nothing and no one except Trump.  It's pretty sad to see you on the bandwagon.  The guy is a pathological liar.  He has no conscience and no moral compass.  You show such blind loyalty to somebody who would toss you off a cliff if you were blocking the view.  Smh.

It's worse. Sanchez has a disabled brother in need of healthcare, yet he accepts trump's consistent attacks (on many levels) towards people where special care is essential to live.
Why do you all invoke attacks on my brother when you know I’m for Medicare for all. Sad!
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »

Could we not use poster's life story as a way to mock/attack them? I know said user is not above said tactics, but it's really gross to see several of you jump on that bandwagon.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

And you believe nothing and no one except Trump.  It's pretty sad to see you on the bandwagon.  The guy is a pathological liar.  He has no conscience and no moral compass.  You show such blind loyalty to somebody who would toss you off a cliff if you were blocking the view.  Smh.

Could we not use poster's life story as a way to mock/attack them? I know said user is not above said tactics, but it's really gross to see several of you jump on that bandwagon.
That was not an attack or mocking.  It was a statement of facts based on information Sanchez has provided on the forum.

One of the main reasons my political views are as they are was because of my disabled mother who relied on government provided health insurance to have her medical needs met.  The Republicans were constantly passing budgets that cut back on that or even took it away at some points.

This stuff is deeply personal so when I think about Sanchez' family situation and the trollish way he supports Trump on this forum, it kinda upsets me.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »

What's wrong with that guy?

https://politicalwire.com/2018/09/12/trump-demanded-to-have-braille-removed-from-elevators/

“According to Res’s account, an architect came to Trump’s office to show him designs for the interiors of residential elevator cabs in Trump Tower, which also hosts businesses. He noticed dots next to the buttons and asked what they were… Trump then told the architect to ‘get rid of it,’ and the architect resisted, saying doing so would be against the law.”

Said Trump: “Get rid of the ing Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it.”

A lack of empathy.

One of the few things that I admire about America is its kind treatment of people with disabilities. Even racial and religious bigots generally recognize that people with glaring disabilities deserve breaks that make their lives as normal as possible. Braille in many places, as on elevator controls or on ATMs? I am glad that those are there. There but for the grace of God go I. I'd hate to go blind, but I would rather that if I did that I would still have some ability to use an elevator or an ATM, among other things.   

There's much  that I would lose if I went blind or deaf, or ended up dependent on a wheelchair. We almost all become disabled at one time or another.

I have Asperger's, and I can tell you what difficulties that creates. An employer mist make accommodations for me. Bad back? Lots of jobs become unavailable.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

Um, Justice is blind, trump has conflicts with the Department of Justice ... Damn there's a joke here
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »

Um, Justice is blind, trump has conflicts with the Department of Justice ... Damn there's a joke here

Justice being blind actually works to his disfavor, so he is taking that out on all blind people. I guess that still isn't a joke...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies