North Dakota AARP poll of those 50 and over: Cramer 46 and Heitkamp 43 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:00:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  North Dakota AARP poll of those 50 and over: Cramer 46 and Heitkamp 43 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Dakota AARP poll of those 50 and over: Cramer 46 and Heitkamp 43  (Read 2067 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 10, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »

AARP is one of the most Democratic organizations in the country.  I am not saying the poll is not legit. I hope you will forgive me for totally disregarding this poll.

They haven't been that wrong in the past.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »

A lot of the older population in ND are old-school, farming, WWC Dems. The younger  generation is Likely R due to the oil boom.

The last time the Democrats won North Dakota at the presidential level is 1964 (which itsel was the first time since 1936). I don't think there are much ancestral democrats roots there.

I think he is thinking of Southeastern SOUTH Dakota around Vermilion. That's pretty much the place in the Dakotas where you have Minnesota-style populists.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »

Does anyone know if there's an age group breakdown for ND for 2016 or any previous years anywhere?

I looked for exit polls for the Dakotas in recent elections. There are none. Though IIRC, Prop 6 in South Dakota flopped amongst the younger voters and was neck and neck with older ones. This was in 2006.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies