Abercrombie Considers Bid in Hawaii
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Abercrombie Considers Bid in Hawaii
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abercrombie Considers Bid in Hawaii  (Read 1219 times)
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:58:33 PM »

http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/12/news/story03.html

From Political Wire:

Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI) is “now one of the most prominent Democrats being mentioned as a possible candidate for the 2006 governorship race,” according to the Honolulu Star Bulletin. Hawaii's Democratic Party chairman said he has discussed the race with Abercrombie and the congressman did not rule out a candidacy.

We could have a very close race here.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:19:57 PM »

Naah. I think Lingle still has sky-high approval rates (upper 60s last time I checked) that make this race non-serious.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:29 AM »

Lingle seems to be one of those governors that avoids partisan traps and generally also avoids putting issue positions out there unless she has to.  Everything I've heard indicates she's done a good job, and I can't imagine a relatively moderate state like Hawai'i ridding of her.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 06:15:27 AM »

Abercrombie might be able to bring Lingle to around 53%, but that's the closest he'd  ever get.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 03:57:30 PM »

http://starbulletin.com/2005/10/12/news/story03.html

From Political Wire:

Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI) is “now one of the most prominent Democrats being mentioned as a possible candidate for the 2006 governorship race,” according to the Honolulu Star Bulletin. Hawaii's Democratic Party chairman said he has discussed the race with Abercrombie and the congressman did not rule out a candidacy.

We could have a very close race here.

Yeah, he'd best stay in congress.  Lingle sounds like an excellent governor... as is Jodi Rell... I'd probably vote for either one of them.  The main concern I have, though, is that Lingle or Rell might some day end up with senate seats... particularly since both Akaka and Inouye are getting up there in age and are going to have to step down some day in the not-too-distant future...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies