Opinion of false-flagging blue avatars
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:00:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of false-flagging blue avatars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ^
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of false-flagging blue avatars  (Read 3155 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2018, 01:21:11 AM »

Mizzouian, Angry_Weasel, Badger, arguably Beet (not sure) etc.. Massive HPs for deliberately deceiving people.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 01:37:39 AM »

The problem is that if nobody false-flagged, there would be hardly any Republicans.

This is the problem with having a political party that consists solely of elderly rural white people who still have dial-up internet (if they have internet at all) and don't know how to type without hunting-and-pecking.

In my own case, I currently have a Republican avatar not to deceive, but for the purpose of attempting to emphasize the fact that Ted Cruz will win. Once that is accomplished in November, I'll return back to some left-leaning avatar color.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:28:49 AM »

Just ignore the color of the avatar and focus on the text in a post. Relying on a short cut for much of anything like an asserted party affiliation, is kind of lazy isn't it? Given the dazzling array of colors around here, I actually get kind of confused by it all in any event.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:35:00 AM »

They tend to be some of the worst posters.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:49 AM »

I don't particularly mind them except when they're actually pretending to be right-wingers (aka Beet).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:01:50 PM »

Some could say this of me, as I am likely to vote for more Democrats than Republicans this year (for parochial reasons).

A number of these "false-flaggers" are from Florida.  Florida is a Party Registration state, and a state where most local offices are decided on a partisan basis.  I live in a county which is heavily Republican; the only Democrats that get elected are those that run for non-partisan offices and luck out.   Mizzoulan is like me; a Republican supporting Bill Nelson.  If I were not a registered Republican, I would not be able to vote in the primary for offices such as County Commission, County Sheriff, County Tax Collector, all of whom affect my life LOCALLY.  Democrats have no chance at those offices, and what happens is that there is often a "write-in" candidate sponsored by the GOP that runs which ensures that the primary is for registered Republicans, only.  (It would be open to all IF there were no Democrats running, no independents/third party candidates, and no write-ins.)

If they're REGISTERED Republicans, however, they ARE part of the GOP's primary electorate.  I may represent a minority of the GOP primary electorate, and a green avatar for Independents may better describe me, but I AM, very much, of the GOP's primary electorate.  Mizzoulan is as well, and, depending on where he lives, Mondale may actually be as well.  It's a consequence of "party registration".

So, no, these people are not being dishonest if they are actually registered in that party, or who vote inthat party's primary regularly.  That's the thing about partisanship in America; you're a Republican or a Democrat pretty much if you say you are.  If you're actively participating in an primary of one of the major parties, you're part of that party's constituency, regardless of what your ideas are, and that party needs to take you, and people like you, into account.  Indeed, one reason Trump won the GOP nomination was that the GOP as a whole really didn't know its own electorate as well as they thought they did.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »

I don't get the joke with them. It seems like some stupid inside joke meme blown up. But yeah, HP.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 08:17:34 PM »

Who care
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »

Imagine, someone on the internet providing false or misleading information about themselves.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »

Imagine, someone on the internet providing false or misleading information about themselves.

https://youtu.be/UXLgz3wH2n8
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:22 PM »

Hilarious, FFs
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »

You forgot RINO Tom in your list.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 11:01:00 PM »

*chefs kiss*
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 11:03:10 PM »

Depends on the reason. For example, if Dak Prescott's name were Rak Prescott, I would have a blue Alaska avatar.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 01:54:04 AM »

Some of the best posters on here fit this description
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »

I’m shocked I was name-checked firsts on this since I’m probably to the right of the median Atlas Republican (and Atlas Republicans are to the left of the median Democrat in the country). I’m just a as much a Republican as Rick Scott is, per my registration.

That meme is so annoying.  You are not to the right of the median Atlas Republican, and while we do have some moderate Republicans, the only Republican on Atlas I can think of possibly to the left of the Democratic Party is Badger (and even then, I'm not sure I would say that).
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »

In fairness I didn’t choose the first time. The lady at the DMV saw that I was a white dude from Huntington Beach and marked me off as a Republican without asking. Since I’m young, dumb, and American (last two are a bit repetitive) I didn’t bother to read much of what I was filling out either. California ballots are nonpartisan so I can vote for Janet Nguyen (R) AND Harley Rouda (D) in both the GE and the primaries.
Is that not illegal or something?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:26 AM »

In fairness I didn’t choose the first time. The lady at the DMV saw that I was a white dude from Huntington Beach and marked me off as a Republican without asking. Since I’m young, dumb, and American (last two are a bit repetitive) I didn’t bother to read much of what I was filling out either. California ballots are nonpartisan so I can vote for Janet Nguyen (R) AND Harley Rouda (D) in both the GE and the primaries.
Is that not illegal or something?

Probably.

It's an act that is more enfranchising/disfranchising in some states than others.  Such an act could conceivably render a voter incapable of voting in primaries for the local officials in elections where winning the primary of the dominant party is tantamount to victory.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »

I agree with Fuzzy’s take in that I don’t think all the relatively liberal blue avatars are doing it to be trolls, particularly in Florida
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 08:45:42 AM »

FFs.

Is Santander then a false flagging red avavtar?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 09:06:32 AM »

FFs.

The Democrats are the real racists, so no.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 09:13:59 AM »

Beet is just trolling, in a very obvious manner. Badger, on the other hand, seem to genuinely consider himself a Republican, even if his positions may not fit the party in a large part.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »

FFs.

The Democrats are the real racists, so no.

It's 2018, not 1918. LOL
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »

The problem is that if nobody false-flagged, there would be hardly any Republicans.

This is the problem with having a political party that consists solely of elderly rural white people who still have dial-up internet (if they have internet at all) and don't know how to type without hunting-and-pecking.

In my own case, I currently have a Republican avatar not to deceive, but for the purpose of attempting to emphasize the fact that Ted Cruz will win. Once that is accomplished in November, I'll return back to some left-leaning avatar color.

If the GOP was a party consisting only of elderly rural White people who still have dial-up Internet, they would have won around 5-6% of the vote. Tongue
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »

I’m shocked I was name-checked firsts on this since I’m probably to the right of the median Atlas Republican (and Atlas Republicans are to the left of the median Democrat in the country). I’m just a as much a Republican as Rick Scott is, per my registration.

You are not right to most Atlas Republicans

And lmao at them being to the left of the media Democrat.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies