TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:42:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2  (Read 12797 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: September 06, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »

Fail to see how Blackburn is moving in or Bredesen is trending down.

"he used to have a much larger lead"
"bredesen is trending down"

wut?

There has only been 3 polls of this race this entire summer, and one was Gravis. The last one was Gravis, actually, with Blackburn +4. So if we’re going by that, Bredesen is actually up. The one before that was Emerson with Bredesen +6 with RV, which is barely different than this one’s +4 RV. The one before that was from APRIL and had Bredesen +3. The only poll really out of line here was the Bredesen +10 from March which seemed like a clear outlier. Other than that, this race has been generally pretty damn close the entire time. Y'all are making up a narrative that doesn't exist.

Considering Bredesen has an enormous +40 favorable rating, and Blackburn only a +10… in Tennessee… and Trump has a +4 approval in a state that he won by 25, I’d say I’d rather be Bredesen now with less than two months to go.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 06:02:27 AM »

sup

Bredesen's downward trajectory has been much more gradual than I thought it would be so far, but there's plenty of time left to go.

And if he's really only up 2 points with a +39 favorable rating...it's probably lights out once Blackburn's attack ads start to bring that number back down to earth.

You’re utterly delusional. All she’s been doing is attacking Phil the entire campaign and it hasn’t worked, mainly because Bredesen keeps an optimistic message of bipartisanship.

"You're utterly delusional"
"Tennessee voters want an optimistic message of bipartisanship"

LMAO. You should probably ask yourself why a popular moderate former governor with a +39 favorable rating is in a statistical tie with a wingnut if Tennessee really wants "an optimistic message of bipartisanship."

Because Tennessee is a red state. That's the answer. Look at the GOV race. The R is ahead by 13%. Bredesen could be behind by 13% right now, but he's not, thanks his +39 rating.

Blackburn is a nut but that rarely matters these days. She has an R behind her name and that will get her tons of votes. The fact that this state voted for Trump by 25%+ and has a D in the lead right now for Senate is pretty damn impressive.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:03:05 AM »

sup

Bredesen's downward trajectory has been much more gradual than I thought it would be so far, but there's plenty of time left to go.

And if he's really only up 2 points with a +39 favorable rating...it's probably lights out once Blackburn's attack ads start to bring that number back down to earth.

Also, as I stated with *facts* in my post on the last page, there has been no downward trajectory if you look at the actual polling #s.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 12:50:45 PM »

PA is now a red state? This thread is officially off the rails
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies