TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2  (Read 12626 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: September 06, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »

Bredesen has a 61-22 favorable rating
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2018, 04:19:44 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Generic Ballot for the state was R+30 in 2016, it’s R+12 in the poll. Obviously I don’t expect any D pickups for the house in the state, but I expect a massive improvement for the party in Tennessee.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »

This poll is great, since he is nearly at 50%, but the trend line for Bredesen is really bad, as it seems hes losing support as time goes on. I worry what will happen to this race by election day.

You just said two contradicting things in your statement.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:01:43 PM »

This poll is great, since he is nearly at 50%, but the trend line for Bredesen is really bad, as it seems hes losing support as time goes on. I worry what will happen to this race by election day.

You just said two contradicting things in your statement.
Not really, its good that he is near 50%, and that there are a lot of undecideds, but its bad because hes slowly bleeding support. Both can be true, it just depends on which way the race goes. The trend lines suggest that it will tighten, but Bredesen can also get a larger lead.

You said he was nearly at 50% and then said he's bleeding support...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »

Fail to see how Blackburn is moving in or Bredesen is trending down.

"he used to have a much larger lead"
"bredesen is trending down"

wut?

There has only been 3 polls of this race this entire summer, and one was Gravis. The last one was Gravis, actually, with Blackburn +4. So if we’re going by that, Bredesen is actually up. The one before that was Emerson with Bredesen +6 with RV, which is barely different than this one’s +4 RV. The one before that was from APRIL and had Bredesen +3. The only poll really out of line here was the Bredesen +10 from March which seemed like a clear outlier. Other than that, this race has been generally pretty damn close the entire time. Y'all are making up a narrative that doesn't exist.

Considering Bredesen has an enormous +40 favorable rating, and Blackburn only a +10… in Tennessee… and Trump has a +4 approval in a state that he won by 25, I’d say I’d rather be Bredesen now with less than two months to go.

The new guy had to smack some sense into the naysayers.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 12:16:18 AM »

sup

Bredesen's downward trajectory has been much more gradual than I thought it would be so far, but there's plenty of time left to go.

And if he's really only up 2 points with a +39 favorable rating...it's probably lights out once Blackburn's attack ads start to bring that number back down to earth.

You’re utterly delusional. All she’s been doing is attacking Phil the entire campaign and it hasn’t worked, mainly because Bredesen keeps an optimistic message of bipartisanship.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies