TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2  (Read 12878 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: September 07, 2018, 12:07:32 AM »

sup

Bredesen's downward trajectory has been much more gradual than I thought it would be so far, but there's plenty of time left to go.

And if he's really only up 2 points with a +39 favorable rating...it's probably lights out once Blackburn's attack ads start to bring that number back down to earth.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:21:04 AM »

sup

Bredesen's downward trajectory has been much more gradual than I thought it would be so far, but there's plenty of time left to go.

And if he's really only up 2 points with a +39 favorable rating...it's probably lights out once Blackburn's attack ads start to bring that number back down to earth.

You’re utterly delusional. All she’s been doing is attacking Phil the entire campaign and it hasn’t worked, mainly because Bredesen keeps an optimistic message of bipartisanship.

"You're utterly delusional"
"Tennessee voters want an optimistic message of bipartisanship"

LMAO. You should probably ask yourself why a popular moderate former governor with a +39 favorable rating is in a statistical tie with a wingnut if Tennessee really wants "an optimistic message of bipartisanship."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:27:17 AM »

Bredesen's message clearly has some appeal since he's doing much, much better than a Generic D would be doing.

But is that because he's running on bipartisanship, or is it because he's Phil Bredesen running in a good year for Democrats against a mediocre opponent?

Did Charlie Brown or Gordon Ball run on an optimistic message of bipartisanship in 2014? Probably nobody knows/cares, but I doubt it would make a difference what their message was or wasn't. They were always going to get completely demolished no matter what.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »

sup

You’re utterly delusional. All she’s been doing is attacking Phil the entire campaign and it hasn’t worked, mainly because Bredesen keeps an optimistic message of bipartisanship.

"You're utterly delusional"
"Tennessee voters want an optimistic message of bipartisanship"

LMAO. You should probably ask yourself why a popular moderate former governor with a +39 favorable rating is in a statistical tie with a wingnut if Tennessee really wants "an optimistic message of bipartisanship."

Because Tennessee is a red state. That's the answer. Look at the GOV race. The R is ahead by 13%. Bredesen could be behind by 13% right now, but he's not, thanks his +39 rating.

Blackburn is a nut but that rarely matters these days. She has an R behind her name and that will get her tons of votes. The fact that this state voted for Trump by 25%+ and has a D in the lead right now for Senate is pretty damn impressive.

Right, exactly. It's not like anyone has ever denied that Bredesen is going to do far better than generic D in Tennessee. But it's hardly SO crazy to think Tennessee's partisanship is going to win out in the end just because Bredesen has a statistically insignificant lead in August. The partisanship is already exerting extreme gravity on this race. In any swing state the Republican would be getting BTFO with those respective favorability numbers.

Speaking of the governor's race, even Karl Dean is doing far better than Dems normally do in TN. So that seems to suggest a large part of the reason Dems are doing so much better here is due to the national environment. The rest can be explained by Bredesen's high popularity and Blackburn's mediocre popularity (relative to most Republicans in Tennessee.) I doubt it has much to do with Bredesen's "message" or whatever.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »

Imagine living in a state where Marsha Blackburn has a +10 favorability rating. I feel so sorry for progressives living in red states.

You realize Pennsylvania is a red state, right?

Um, no it isn't? Do you even understand the concept of red and blue states?

You see, one election that a Republican won by 0.72% with a lower share of the vote than George W. Bush in 2004 makes a state blood red. /s

Pennsylvania is trending Republican. Trump's steel tariffs help its industries. The rallies he's getting in traditional Democratic strongholds like Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (one of the places mentioned by Mario Cuomo in his "two Cities" speech) is huge. In 2000, Tennessee was only red by "one election" too. Anyways, I just thought Shadow's comment was ironic. Back on topic.

The tariffs didn't even help a Republican win a district 20 points more Republican than the state as a whole, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 03:21:08 AM »

sup

LMAO

This entire thread is hilarious. Phil Bredesen is delighted he won the September election!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 03:22:26 AM »

I like how this post was sarcastic, but she actually ended up winning by more than 10, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 05:01:46 PM »

I like how this post was sarcastic, but she actually ended up winning by more than 10, lol.
I don't even know if it actually was sarcastic lol.

He said it was.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:49 AM »

It is very strange how IceSpear feels compelled to bump multiple threads with variations on "HAHAHA I WAS SO RIGHT", and yet expressed surprise and gratitude when most people didn't do the same to him after Alabama

Uh, people still use Alabama against me to this day, lol. And that election was a year ago, not 3 weeks ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies