FL-Sen: Quinnipiac: Nelson 49, Scott 49
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:01:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen: Quinnipiac: Nelson 49, Scott 49
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FL-Sen: Quinnipiac: Nelson 49, Scott 49  (Read 4733 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2018, 06:12:20 PM »

Nelson will win. My 4 month old poodle is a better candidate then Rick Scott.

The second part is not true at all. This race would not even be remotely competitive if Scott did not run.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »

The second part is not true at all. This race would not even be remotely competitive if Scott did not run.

A better revision would be a "My 4 month old poodle would be a better candidate than Rick Scott if Rick Scott wasn't rich."
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »

A better revision would be a "My 4 month old poodle would be a better candidate than Rick Scott if Rick Scott wasn't rich."

Lol, now that’s better.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

1. Of course, the FLGOP has a great GOTV operation. What I referred to is that Scott doesnt use his money on that, compared to Nelson, who does. And while the FLGOP has a pretty good operation, it pails in comparison to what Nelson sets up every election cycle.

Source?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This isn’t really true, though:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/27/bill-nelson-florida-senate-democrats-rick-scott-795695

Depends on what you mean by "break"? He’s doing (significantly, depending on what poll you are inclined to believe more) better among Hispanic voters than Trump did in 2016.

Yeah, that result wouldn’t be surprising at all, I just find your reasoning a little bizarre.
1. My proof is Nelson's victories in 2006 and 2012, where Nelson relied on GOTV, getting some of the best results in the state. TBH, the FLGOP is a bit overhyped in this category.

2. I seem to have gotten the numbers wrong, the actual expenditures are
According to the last FEC report.

But for airtime, I am mostly correct. According to current reports:

So, currently, the airwaves are 30% Nelson, and 70% Scott. Most of Nelson's ads are by outside groups. If/When Nelson starts putting money behind the operation, we could actually see more Nelson ads on air than Scott ads.

3. That is true, Scott is trying to break the D coalition, but, if he were, we should see a better result for him. And while Q showed him doing great with Hispanics, it is just one poll, and the overall majority shows him flopping with him. Its clear that is his strategy, it seems that even DeSantis is going to attempt it, but, with the money coming in for Nelson, its hard to see Scott improving. This should have been his glorious moment, and in the end, he can only tie.

Anyway, I think it will be close, but I dont rate it a tossup. Even with a low margin, I just think thats the state's inelastic tendencies not to go out of the 5% zone, unless you break the armour, and I dont see either candidate doing that. Nelson does have a clear advantage, though.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »

1. Of course, the FLGOP has a great GOTV operation. What I referred to is that Scott doesnt use his money on that, compared to Nelson, who does. And while the FLGOP has a pretty good operation, it pails in comparison to what Nelson sets up every election cycle.

Source?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/27/bill-nelson-florida-senate-democrats-rick-scott-795695

Depends on what you mean by "break"? He’s doing (significantly, depending on what poll you are inclined to believe more) better among Hispanic voters than Trump did in 2016.

Yeah, that result wouldn’t be surprising at all, I just find your reasoning a little bizarre.
1. My proof is Nelson's victories in 2006 and 2012, where Nelson relied on GOTV, getting some of the best results in the state. TBH, the FLGOP is a bit overhyped in this category.

So, currently, the airwaves are 30% Nelson, and 70% Scott. Most of Nelson's ads are by outside groups. If/When Nelson starts putting money behind the operation, we could actually see more Nelson ads on air than Scott ads.

3. That is true, Scott is trying to break the D coalition, but, if he were, we should see a better result for him. And while Q showed him doing great with Hispanics, it is just one poll, and the overall majority shows him flopping with him. Its clear that is his strategy, it seems that even DeSantis is going to attempt it, but, with the money coming in for Nelson, its hard to see Scott improving. This should have been his glorious moment, and in the end, he can only tie.

Anyway, I think it will be close, but I dont rate it a tossup. Even with a low margin, I just think thats the state's inelastic tendencies not to go out of the 5% zone, unless you break the armour, and I dont see either candidate doing that. Nelson does have a clear advantage, though.

(((Damage Control)))
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2018, 06:32:17 PM »

Source?

(((Damage Control)))
All I did was clarify FEC numbers. Im still sticking to a lean D rating for the exact same reasoning.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »

Neil DeGrasse Tyson doesn't even have as many ties as this race does!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »

I can confidently predict that, without a doubt, Nelson will retain his senate seat. Moving this seat to lean D.

https://youtu.be/SHG0ezLiVGc?t=1m36s
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »

Anyway, with regard to crosstab debate earlier, FL is pretty simple: a decent Democrat will lose whites by 20, and a decent Republican will lose Latinos by 20. In a close race, black turnout probably makes the difference.

The only way Scott wins Latino voters by 20 is if every non-Cuban Latino is violently removed from the premises prior to Election Day.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »

I’ve had this race at lean D for the entirety of this cycle because I believe Nelson will win due to the national environment, but to look at this poll and think Nelson is in a better place than before simply isn’t true. Still lean D in my eyes but much, much closer to tossup than likely D.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »

A better revision would be a "My 4 month old poodle would be a better candidate than Rick Scott if Rick Scott wasn't rich a good governor ."

FTFY

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2018, 01:15:51 PM »

A tie does the GOP no good in the state like FL, unless its Jeb on the ballot. Minority turnout will be big and with a tie, the minorities will ensure a Democratic victory
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »

A tie does the GOP no good in the state like FL, unless its Jeb on the ballot.

lol
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »

A better revision would be a "My 4 month old poodle would be a better candidate than Rick Scott if Rick Scott wasn't a good governor. a rich governor who was seen as pretty bad until he handled a hurricane well"

FTFY

Now it's fixed.
Dukakisite1988
Rookie

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2018, 10:25:20 AM »

My prediction is that Nelson will eek out somewhere around a 1-point win. Which will mean the lead on the night will flow back and forth like a roller coaster.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »

A tie does the GOP no good in the state like FL, unless its Jeb on the ballot.

lol

This is Cory Booker's best post ever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies