FL-PPP (D): Nelson +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-PPP (D): Nelson +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FL-PPP (D): Nelson +1  (Read 4071 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »

This and the Gillum poll indicates the serious need for both wings of the Democratic Party to work together.   The situation in Georgia is quite similar--Abrams at the top of the ticket has a reasonable chance to carry some Democrats (LG, SOS--major office in GA) with her.
The two(Nelson and Gillum) do have a great synergy. Gillum turns up turnout, while Nelson convinces the conservative Ds. But its clear that one strategy is working much better than the other.

Painfully obvious but yeah. None the less, we gotta work together, we’ll help guard the flanks in WV, Mn 7th, PA 17th, etc, and yall guard the flanks in FL, MT, and Ohio, this has got to be a team effort, it’s our best bet to be united.
Well, actually, we are also guarding the flanks in WV with Ojeda(actually said hes leaning to the CPC Smiley )but yeah, it does seem that both sides are really doing well holding down the flanks for the other.

Well nah, it’s blue dogs for now in WV. It’s quite obvious that Manchin is holding the flank and giving coattails to Ojeda. If Ojeda wins, he can probably thank Manchin in the same way for Nelson and Gillum. Now 10-20 years in the future, it may very well be Ojeda and the more left wingers holding the flank in WV, but for this cycle, it’s pretty obvious whose holding the flank and giving the coattails.
I dont think Manchin is giving coattails, in fact, I think they will get the same result. Besides, the two hate each other, so I would rather say both are defending two different flanks.

BTW, are you thinking that Gillum will get more of the vote, or Nelson?

Monmouth polls which has been really just awesome in their WV poll showed Manchin doing substantially better than Ojeda in WV 3rd.
that doesnt indicate coat tails, though. If Ojeda were being pulled across by Manchin, and it was mostly Manchin, then yes, I would agree with you. But Manchin isnt really liked in WV-03, even though they would vote for him. Ojeda, however, is well liked, and doesnt really have any association with Manchin. Anyway, these are just semantics, both are probably going to win come Nov.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »

This and the Gillum poll indicates the serious need for both wings of the Democratic Party to work together.   The situation in Georgia is quite similar--Abrams at the top of the ticket has a reasonable chance to carry some Democrats (LG, SOS--major office in GA) with her.
The two(Nelson and Gillum) do have a great synergy. Gillum turns up turnout, while Nelson convinces the conservative Ds. But its clear that one strategy is working much better than the other.

Painfully obvious but yeah. None the less, we gotta work together, we’ll help guard the flanks in WV, Mn 7th, PA 17th, etc, and yall guard the flanks in FL, MT, and Ohio, this has got to be a team effort, it’s our best bet to be united.
Well, actually, we are also guarding the flanks in WV with Ojeda(actually said hes leaning to the CPC Smiley )but yeah, it does seem that both sides are really doing well holding down the flanks for the other.

Well nah, it’s blue dogs for now in WV. It’s quite obvious that Manchin is holding the flank and giving coattails to Ojeda. If Ojeda wins, he can probably thank Manchin in the same way for Nelson and Gillum. Now 10-20 years in the future, it may very well be Ojeda and the more left wingers holding the flank in WV, but for this cycle, it’s pretty obvious whose holding the flank and giving the coattails.
I dont think Manchin is giving coattails, in fact, I think they will get the same result. Besides, the two hate each other, so I would rather say both are defending two different flanks.

Monmouth polls which has been really just awesome in their WV poll showed Manchin doing substantially better than Ojeda in WV 3rd.
that doesnt indicate coat tails, though. If Ojeda were being pulled across by Manchin, and it was mostly Manchin, then yes, I would agree with you. But Manchin isnt really liked in WV-03, even though they would vote for him. Ojeda, however, is well liked, and doesnt really have any association with Manchin. Anyway, these are just semantics, both are probably going to win come Nov.

Fair points, I did not think of it that way. So I like Sargent, but I think Scheinberg would have had a better chance, what do you think?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »

Fair points, I did not think of it that way. So I like Sargent, but I think Scheinberg would have had a better chance, what do you think?
I kinda agree, TBH. Sargent doesnt even really have a good page up. Scheinberg also looks like a sort of Ojeda, using his military experience and whatnot. Anyway, thought this is the most "D friendly district" Im pretty sure none of them would have had a good chance.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »

I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!
BundouYMB

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »

Ojeda and Manchi, hate each other? Source?
I thought this was widely known, Ojeda hates Manchin for being the embodiment for the Coal Industry heads, and Manchin hates Ojeda for breaking his machine and disrespecting him.
I cant find a specific source, but many of his tweets express the anger. Ask bagel about it.

That's a huge load of bull**** all around. First of all, Ojeda is pro-coal. Secondly, Manchin isn't part of any machine. Thirdly, I don't recall Ojeda ever "disrespecting" Manchin. In fact, when reading through his social media I saw several instances of Ojeda praising Manchin.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »

Every high quality poll of this race has shown Nelson narrowly ahead. Lean d
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how "America's most independent Senator" and Progressive Hero Gillum handle campaigning together.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 09:20:36 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2018, 09:25:23 PM by Use Your Illusion »

It's going to be interesting to see how "America's most independent Senator" and Progressive Hero Gillum handle campaigning together.

Hand in hand. Sweeping reform to stagnant local Florida government and an independent approach to a polarized, ineffective congress is exactly what the doctor ordered. I can't put my finger on why (I think it's because how and the way he speaks) but Gillum feels as "old south" as it gets for me and he provides a fantastic, energetic contrast to the old dog in Nelson. A steady hand and a vibrant youth gives a best of both worlds vibe.

I can't say Gillum was my first choice but my GOD it feels good knowing I'm voting for true and through Floridians like myself. That is a massive bonus to me because at least I feel like I am voting for one of my peers unlike a Bush or Scott who were born, raised and/or educated elsewhere. Crist was born in PA but hell he lived in St. Pete since childhood. And you know what? That's all good to me
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »

Beautiful poll! Race is halfway between Tilt and Lean D.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies