FL Gov-Mason-Dixon: Graham +9; DeSantis +12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:35:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL Gov-Mason-Dixon: Graham +9; DeSantis +12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL Gov-Mason-Dixon: Graham +9; DeSantis +12  (Read 2653 times)
JMT

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »

Graham needs a LT Gov, he can run for that spot, should he lose the primary

Do Gubernatorial nominees get to pick their Lt Gov running mates in Florida after they are nominated? How does that process work?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »

Graham needs a LT Gov, he can run for that spot, should he lose the primary

Do Gubernatorial nominees get to pick their Lt Gov running mates in Florida after they are nominated?
Yes, it's entirely up to the nominee. You cannot "run for that spot," it's appointed.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 10:46:24 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 11:21:07 AM by sjoyce »

I'd caution against speculating against LG candidates too soon -- it will likely be an unknown. No reason for someone like Taddeo or JJR to leave the Senate for a powerless office. At best, you'll get someone who's being termed out and has no other logical place to land (someone like Bob Buckhorn, for instance).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »

I'd caution against speculating against AG candidates too soon -- it will likely be an unknown. No reason for someone like Taddeo or JJR to leave the Senate for a powerless office.

I might've already asked you this, but does Ryan Torrens have a real shot? Shaw's attempt to kick him off the ballot suggests that he thinks it's a tight race for the nomination.

Nah, Shaw's got this locked down. Think this is just about not passing up a decent opportunity to win the primary by default.

& yeah, sorry about initial post being unclear -- was referring to LG, not AG.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »

A very interesting tidbit from the article:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm guessing that means a much higher proportion of those who know Graham are of her own party.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »

Floridians, who will win the Democratic nomination for Agriculture Commissioner?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 06:38:51 PM »

Here's DeSantis' ad that RubioRepublican was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYgM7yWgkY
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »

Floridians, who will win the Democratic nomination for Agriculture Commissioner?

Nobody knows — it's an extremely low-key race that Republicans usually win pretty easily. The three Democrats are former Homestead Mayor Jeff Porter, weed lobbyist Nikki Fried, and Audubon exec R. David Walker. None of them have substantial name recognition in any part of the state, and none have raised over $200k. Porter, in particular, has raised the least and doesn't have much info available online. I think Fried has a bit more establishment support, and a small but passionate following among weed people. I'm supporting Walker b/c he has a science background and a stronger platform on the environment.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

Yes. There is no world I can imagine in which Nelson wins the Senate race and DeSantis wins the gubernatorial race. There is a real chance that Graham beats DeSantis even as Scott narrowly knocks off Nelson. Kinda like how the NH Gubernatorial and Senate races played out in 2016. But I think Graham outruns Nelson by a little bit.

I definitly can see Graham/Scott Voters. I can't see Graham/DeSantis Voters.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 07:40:37 AM »

Yes. There is no world I can imagine in which Nelson wins the Senate race and DeSantis wins the gubernatorial race. There is a real chance that Graham beats DeSantis even as Scott narrowly knocks off Nelson. Kinda like how the NH Gubernatorial and Senate races played out in 2016. But I think Graham outruns Nelson by a little bit.

I definitly can see Graham/Scott Voters. I can't see Graham/DeSantis Voters.
Theres a reason there are no Graham/DeSantis voters.
It would kinda be hard to vote for the D gubernatorial nominee and R nominee at the same time.

I think you meant Graham/Scott voters, and I would argree. Voters are more partisan on hte federal level than the state level. Thats how you get Baker and Bullock.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »

That ad was vomit worthy for any sane individual, but let's be real, it will play very well with the Trump cultists that make up ~45% of the state.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 05:52:16 PM »

Watching that and trying to be as neutral as possible I feel immediately turned off because it seems to me like DeSantis thinks everyone who watches that ad is stupid and will either buy it or be offended or something. It makes Brian Kemp's whiteface campaign sound genuine.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 06:39:12 PM »

Watching that and trying to be as neutral as possible I feel immediately turned off because it seems to me like DeSantis thinks everyone who watches that ad is stupid and will either buy it or be offended or something. It makes Brian Kemp's whiteface campaign sound genuine.

To be fair, this is Florida that we're talking about.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 12:58:34 AM »

I have no strong feelings either way towards anyone but after that DeSantis ad he can kiss off. I hope to God he gets nominated and whoever opposes him can run that dumpster fire of an ad and his "people have no sense of humor" response on Fox News like a broken record. I mean please there's nothing funnier than a grown man saying "build that wall" to a baby. I'll put the over on losing the Spanish vote by 20% because of that

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2018, 09:25:31 AM »

I might've already asked you this, but does Ryan Torrens have a real shot? Shaw's attempt to kick him off the ballot suggests that he thinks it's a tight race for the nomination.

Nah, Shaw's got this locked down. Think this is just about not passing up a decent opportunity to win the primary by default.
Update on this: Shaw's lawsuit succeeded and Torrens is off the ballot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2018, 04:53:22 AM »

LOL at Gillum being 4th place in a lot of polls.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies