Decision 2008: Crossroads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 06:50:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Decision 2008: Crossroads
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: Decision 2008: Crossroads  (Read 29108 times)
RedPrometheus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2019, 07:26:09 AM »

Go on because I'm waiting for more results Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2019, 11:21:47 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2019, 03:24:55 PM »

Decision 2012

Wolf Blitzer: Approaching 9 o'clock in the east John, and I think we're getting a clearer picture of results, definitely good news for the Clinton camp. In critical battleground states, Clinton seems to have the edge.

John King: Yes we do Wolf, Democrats also having a good night in the Senate, they've won Senate races in Missouri, Ohio, Florida. They picked up Indiana, independent Angus King won in Maine. But let's look at the top ballot races. First in Florida, this is very close, Secretary Romney inching ahead of Senator Clinton, right now by about 18,000 votes as panhandle results come in, we're eagerly awaiting results. But let's look at Pennsylvania, this is a close Obama state, but early on, optimistic Romney people thought they could have a shot, especially in the Philadelphia suburbs. Let's see, Senator Clinton currently up by 16 with about half the vote in, a lot of rural Pennsylvania still out. But let's look at Bucks county, a McCain county arguably getting bluer, Clinton winning this county by less than a point. Lackawanna County, this is the Democratic heartland, Scranton. Clinton wanted 60%, she's getting 65% right now, that's a fantastic number, and not to mention Philadelphia coming in strong, not as strong as in 2008, but strong.

Wolf: And also Arkansas?

John: This is a state that had single digit Romney leads for most of the cycle, early early on, there were some Clinton leads. She has strong ties to the state, of course President Clinton is from Hope, Arkansas. She's losing by 7 right now, with about 75% of the vote out, a lot of the stuff that is in is from more Democratic friendly areas. If Romney is losing Arkansas, it's all over, but I expect him to carry the state.

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 79
Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio: 55
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2019, 04:21:36 PM »

Decision 2012

Wolf Blitzer:....There we have Senator Claire McCaskill's victory speech after an utter blowout, 20 point win over congressman Todd Akin, that's a landslide if I've ever seen one. But now we're headed back to the magic wall. The presidential race continues to unfold before us, we've spoken now to Romney aides in Boston. They say despite setbacks in Pennsylvania, which has just broke for Clinton, and it looks like Wisconsin has very bad numbers for them, they think they're still in it. They're telling us to watch Virginia, Ohio, and Florida.

John King: So we shall Wolf, take a look at Ohio. Secretary Romney has finally narrowed that large gap to a razor thin race. Senator Clinton ahead by a third of a percentage point. Let's see why, look at western Ohio, a vast bulwark of red. This is rural, deep red areas, look at the Columbus suburbs, they're coming in. But where do we have vote left, fortunately for Senator Clinton, Cuyahoga County, Cleveland. We've got a third of the vote left there, and wait. Looks like-

Wolf: Secretary Romney just took the lead.

John: He just did, although, this could very well be temporary, look at Cleveland, Columbus, a lot of vote left for Senator Clinton. Look at Virginia, Secretary Romney ahead by 5, but what's the Clinton camp telling us to watch. Northern Virginia, DC suburbs that have taken a big left turn recently. Look at Fairfax county, Clinton at 56% and with about half the vote left, that's what's keeping this state close. This is a real coin flip, look at Florida. Now Florida going blue ends the election, that's why the Romney camp is waiting anxiously on Broward and the panhandle. Right now they're ahead, narrowly, look just 1%, but ahead. They've got some remaining vote out of Sarasota, and the panhandle that should favor them, can it keep them ahead of the remaining vote in Broward? We shall see.

Wolf: We're also starting to get results from the western battlegrounds, like Colorado. We've also got...I think we do, a CNN projection.

We're saying that the state of Michigan will be going to Senator Clinton. This was initially somewhat competitive, but after the Clinton campaign filled the airwaves with ads about Bain Capital, a few Romney gaffes. Looks like Senator Clinton will win easily here tonight.

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 159
Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio: 128
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2019, 04:22:41 PM »

Clinton seems to have done well in the Upper Midwest. Seems like she'll probably win.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »

Clinton seems to have done well in the Upper Midwest. Seems like she'll probably win.

What about Florida and Virginia?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:14 PM »

What about Florida and Virginia?

Given that she already has an EC lead before the West Coast has come in she seems the favorite, I think she has 237 safe electoral votes to 144 safe Romney electoral votes (presuming Nevada and Iowa are tossups)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 05:46:20 PM by KaiserDave »

Decision 2012

Wolf Blitzer:....There's where we are, a sigh of relief at the Romney headquarters, they've won Arkansas, and they've won Louisiana. And Arizona too. But down ballot, Democrats are making serious gains. They've won Senate races in Wisconsin, Ohio, looks like Virginia too. They flipped the Indiana Senate seat, and early results in North Dakota say that Heidi Heitkamp is beating Rick Berg by a decent margin. But that hasn't been called yet. If Romney comes back tonight, he'll have to deal with two Democratic majorities. In the House, Democrats looked poised to gain seats. But the Romney camp still holds out....now I think we have a projection.

We're saying that the State of Iowa will be going to Senator Clinton. But also the state of Indiana will go to Secretary Romney. So some good news for both sides, Indiana a critical swing state. This racer isn't over, it's going down to the wire.

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 175
Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio: 170
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »

Final bets! Who is the next POTUS?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »

Decision 2012

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 257
Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio: 177

Wolf Blitzer:....The clock is ticking for the Romney campaign. You all saw...what Paul Begala just said from Brooklyn, the Clinton campaign, they feel they've won the election. Are things really wrapping us, they're 13 Electoral Votes away from the magic number of 270. They're ahead in Nevada and Colorado, almost ahead in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina. John?

John: Well let's see. Plan A for the Romney/Rubio campaign was Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio. That was the top strategy. That meant they were over performing big. Well, Pennsylvania's gone, not that close. Plan B, Florida (which in Plan A, they thought safe), Virginia, Ohio, maybe Nevada. Plan B could still work, but they need to run the table. That will need some real luck. Not to mention this assumes they are winning Missouri and North Carolina, both of those states are still on the table. Plan C, that's a hodgepodge of Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Florida, Colorado. But that looks like desperation at this point. It's not over, but it sure is close to being over. Can Mitt come back, he's run as the comeback kid, can he actually do it?

Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.31, S: -0.83

« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »

Decision 2012

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 257

Wolf Blitzer:....The clock is ticking for the Romney campaign. You all saw...what Paul Begala just said from Brooklyn, the Clinton campaign, they feel they've won the election. Are things really wrapping us, they're 13 Electoral Votes away from the magic number of 270. They're ahead in Nevada and Colorado, almost ahead in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina. John?

John: Well let's see. Plan A for the Romney/Rubio campaign was Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio. That was the top strategy. That meant they were over performing big. Well, Pennsylvania's gone, not that close. Plan B, Florida (which in Plan A, they thought safe), Virginia, Ohio, maybe Nevada. Plan B could still work, but they need to run the table. That will need some real luck. Not to mention this assumes they are winning Missouri and North Carolina, both of those states are still on the table. Plan C, that's a hodgepodge of Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Florida, Colorado. But that looks like desperation at this point. It's not over, but it sure is close to being over. Can Mitt come back, he's run as the comeback kid, can he actually do it?

Come on Romney!

Rubio should deliver Florida.

We're saying that the Iowa of Michigan will be going to Senator Clinton.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »

Say You're in the Mitt Camp, how do they get to 270?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

Romney must win every single state not yet called with the exception of either NV or CO.

He can theoretically win without MO but if he is losing MO he is gonna lose OH as well

Can you tell what the results so far in the undecided states are
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2019, 06:42:45 PM »

Romney must win every single state not yet called with the exception of either NV or CO.

He can theoretically win without MO but if he is losing MO he is gonna lose OH as well

Can you tell what the results so far in the undecided states are

Ohio
Secretary Romney:
49%
Senator Clinton:
49%

Missouri
Secretary Romney:
51%
Senator Clinton:
48%

Florida
Secretary Romney:
49%
Senator Clinton:
48%

Virginia
Secretary Romney:
51%
Senator Clinton:
47%

Colorado
Senator Clinton:
52%
Secretary Romney:
46%

Here are a few
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »

How much is in for Virginia?
Arson Plus
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »

Hope for every state except  for Colorado/Nevada/Missouri to be called for Romney and only one of these states can be called for Clinton for Mitt to win.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »

Perhaps the Romney camp could hope the networks stuffed up with one of their calls.
America needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2019, 07:04:18 PM »

Perhaps the Romney camp could hope the networks stuffed up with one of their calls.

I only remember 2 timelines on Election What ifs ever where that was something that happened.

There was the 1 timeline where there was a 3 way race in I think somewhere between 1960-1980 where Tennessee was initially called for the Democrat iirc but then was retracted and called for the Republican (which was crucial towards the Republican getting to 270).

There was also The Shift where 2010 had Texas initially called for Rick Perry in the Governors Race, but then was retracted and then called for Bill White.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »

Hard for me to say, about 85%.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »

Ooh looks like Virginia could be very close then.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

I only remember 2 timelines on Election What ifs ever where that was something that happened.

There was the 1 timeline where there was a 3 way race in I think somewhere between 1960-1980 where Tennessee was initially called for the Democrat iirc but then was retracted and called for the Republican (which was crucial towards the Republican getting to 270).

There was also The Shift where 2010 had Texas initially called for Rick Perry in the Governors Race, but then was retracted and then called for Bill White.

Holy crap, people still remember the party left me? That was a tl of mine and it's been abandoned for a while
America needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »

Holy crap, people still remember the party left me? That was a tl of mine and it's been abandoned for a while

I only barely remembered it, not even the name, as shown by how little precise detail I was able to provide.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #322 on: March 24, 2019, 07:55:18 PM »

Note: We've come a long long way to this moment, and I can't believe we did, thank you for all the support! If you want, we will continue!

Decision 2012

Wolf Blitzer:....We are looking at these states, these numbers. It looks like we'll have the first Democratic president since Bill Clinton, and that's 12 years, and it looks like it'll be a Clinton.

Anderson Cooper: We haven't projected a winner, but we could be close to a potentially history making moment. Clinton is ahead in many crucial battleground states, and from what I've heard from Boston, it seems like its over for the Romney crowd.

Wolf: We're standing by now, we look at the Clinton crowd in the Javitts Center, ecstatic, hugging, cheering. I think we might be a bit late Anderson, and now we can make the call of history.

HILLARY CLINTON WILL BE THE 45th PRESIDENT

Wolf: Senator Hillary Clinton, wife of President Bill Clinton, Senator from New York will be elected President of the United States in a history making moment. The first female President of the United States. We're saying this because she will carry Ohio, which will put her at 275 Electoral Votes, and will win Hillary Clinton the presidency. She ran in 2008, but now she'll get there. The White House. And Michael Bennet of Colorado will be Vice President.

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 275
JG

« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »

Amazing! I hope you continue the timeline and show us how a Clinton presidency would go down.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2019, 08:10:45 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2019, 09:11:41 PM by KaiserDave »

Decision 2012

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you so very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I have just called Senator Clinton to congratulate her on her victory. Her supporters and her campaign also deserve congratulations. I wish all of them well, but particularly the Senator, President Clinton and their daughter Chelsea This is a time of great challenges for America, and I pray that Senator Clinton will be successful in guiding our nation. And I want to acknowledge the history that she represents, and the hope she represents for millions of young women and girls as the first female President. This election is one for the ages.

I want to thank Marco Rubio for all that he has done for our campaign-and for our country. Besides my wife, Ann, Marco is the best choice I've ever made. And I trust that his intellect and his hard work and his commitment to principle will continue to contribute to the good of our nation.

I also want to thank Ann, the love of my life. She would have been a wonderful first lady. She's — she has been that and more to me and to our family and to the many people that she has touched with her compassion and her care. I thank my sons for their tireless work on behalf of the campaign, and thank their wives and children-for taking up their slack as their husbands and dads have spent so many weeks away from home.

I want to thank Matt Rhoades and the dedicated campaign team he led. They have made an extraordinary effort, not just for me but also for the country that we love. And to you here tonight and to the team across the country — the volunteers, the fundraisers, the donors, the surrogates — I don't believe that there's ever been an effort in our party that can compare with what you have done over these past years. Thank you so very much.

Thanks for all the hours of work, for the calls, for the speeches and appearances, for the resources and for the prayers.

You gave deeply from yourselves and performed magnificently, and you inspired us and you humbled us. You've been the very best we could have imagined.

The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we can't risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people's work. And we citizens also have to rise to the occasion. We look to our teachers and professors. We count on you not just to teach, but to inspire our children with a passion for learning and discovery.

We look to our pastors and priests and rabbis and counselors of all kinds to testify of the enduring principles upon which our society is built — honesty, charity, integrity and family. We look to our parents, for in the final analysis, everything depends on the success of our homes. We look to job creators of all kinds. We're counting on you to invest, to hire, to step forward. And we look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before the politics.

I believe in America. I believe in the people of America.

And I ran for office because I'm concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this nation was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to a new greatness.

Like so many of you, Marco and I have left everything on the field. We have given our all to this campaign.

I so wish — I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the country in a different direction. But the nation chose another leader. And so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for her and for this great nation.

Thank you, and God bless America. You guys are the best. Thank you so much. Thank you. Thanks, guys.

Hillary Clinton/Michael Bennet: 284
Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio: 178
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies