Some Nazis hunt random foreigners in Chemnitz, Germany
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:08:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Some Nazis hunt random foreigners in Chemnitz, Germany
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Some Nazis hunt random foreigners in Chemnitz, Germany  (Read 6338 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:37:30 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2018, 11:41:40 AM by Tender Branson »

Police are braced for further protests in the eastern German city of Chemnitz on Monday, after far-Right rioters tore through the streets attacking people they believed to be migrants on Sunday afternoon.

A crowd of around 800 people gathered in the city Sunday afternoon to protest after a German man was killed in a fight between “a number of people of different nationalities,” local police said.

Three men in their thirties were injured during the incident, which took place in the early hours of Sunday morning during a street festival, according to Chemnitz police.

Unconfirmed rumours being circulated online said the fight between around ten men may have kicked off after a woman was harassed in the street.

The spontaneous protest that erupted on Sunday afternoon following the incident quickly turned violent and witness reports and videos show people chasing and attacking foreign people.

In one incident, rioters ran through a local park shouting racist slogans and chasing a man of foreign background, a witness told Germany’s MRD public broadcaster.

When he fell, the men punched and kicked him as he lay on the ground, the witness said. Videos circulating on Twitter show protesters attacking people and chanting racist slogans.

Police also said some people were hostile towards them and threw bottles.

Police were forced to call in backup from the cities of Leipzig and Dresden to deal with the protest, which thinned out by Sunday evening.

On Monday tensions remain high and police were braced for further rival protests.  Steffen Seibert, Angela Merkel’s spokesman, said on Monday that the government condemns the attacks “in the strongest terms”.

"Ganging up like that, hunting down people who look different or have a different ethnicity, attempts to spread hatred on the streets - we won't accept that," he said.

The protests were organised spontaneously by far-right groups, including the anti-immigration Alternative for Germany party (AfD), which is currently the biggest opposition party in Germany’s parliament.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/27/german-police-brace-second-day-violence-far-right-protests-chemnitz

Well, I told you 3 years ago already that this would happen eventually ... but Merkel thought otherwise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:49:20 AM »

Well, I told you 3 years ago already that this would happen eventually ... but Merkel thought otherwise.

I understand there may arguments against the open borders policy or at least the way it's being conducted, but "it may make our own fascists angry" is a deplorable one.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 11:52:04 AM »

I understand there may arguments against the open borders policy or at least the way it's being conducted, but "it may make our own fascists angry" is a deplorable one.

Not really. It's not the moral underpinning of opposition to open borders, but it is a real consequence, and it's hardly deplorable to call out truths.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 11:52:15 AM »

It is not a deplorable one, it's a logical one: Merkel overburdened the German population with her reckless immigration swamp policy and because of it agitated the Nazis even further.

This could have been prevented, much like all the additional killings, rapes and other crimes committed against German people over the past 3 years, which she is responsible for.
EPG
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

Correction: Merkel overburdened neo-Nazis beyond their point of tolerance of foreigners. That is an extremely low threshold, and policy cannot be subjugated to the preferences of Nazis.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »

Correction: Merkel overburdened neo-Nazis beyond their point of tolerance of foreigners. That is an extremely low threshold, and policy cannot be subjugated to the preferences of Nazis.

Not true. Surveys over the past years showed that 60-80% of all Germans are opposed to Merkel's various immigration policies, suggesting that most Germans were heavily impacted in some sort by the rapid developments. It just made the Nazis even more agitated as a result. While policy must not be subjugated to the preferences of Nazis, Merkel should have know all of this before. She's not dumb. But it was clearly her fault and is now her legacy that Nazis are hunting migrants (and maybe Germans who look like migrants) in the streets now and that the AfD is closing in on 20%. You simply do not import 2-3 million (illegal) immigrants from Africa and the Middle-East, without asking the local population before if they approve of this or not ...
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »

Can we export our Antifa to fight them? Fight some real Nazis for once.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »

No thank you.

The Antifa hippie plague needs to be hosed down by the police, just like the Nazi-scum.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »

Disgraceful, just like the killing of the 35-year old man. Disgraceful is also the call by Markus Frohmeier (member of the Bundestag, AfD) for vigilantism. Someone like this has no business being in a legislature because he has shown once again his zero respect for the rule of law.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »

Yes. Nazis are not to be accommodated. Nazis are not to be appeased. Period. Because if you do that, you're clearly a moron who learned nothing from history.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »

Yes. Nazis are not to be accommodated. Nazis are not to be appeased. Period. Because if you do that, you're clearly a moron who learned nothing from history.

The thing is: While Merkel never intended it, she became a Nazi-appeaser with her policies over the last years. And not only that: she also became a Muslim terrorist/crime appeaser. But Nazis and fundie Muslims are not that far apart, so that makes sense.

All that is now happening are just the sympthoms of her failed policy: antifa trying to kill Nazis, Nazis trying to kill the Muslims, fundie Muslims trying to kill liberal Muslims like Seyran Ates etc. etc. - but this is not the solution. You cannot tackle the problem by eliminating the sympthoms. You need to cure the sickness itself. And for Germany and Europe, it means limiting immigration from Africa and the Middle East to almost zero and let in skilled immigrants in small doses only. This would never overburden the local population in an otherwise stable/equal/wealthy democracy. Every sociologist or psychologist will tell you that if you suddenly import (often criminal) culture-hostile elements into a previously stable society, it will make that society agitated.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »

2nd day:

Heavy clashes between right-wingers/Nazis and left-wingers/Antifa reported from Chemnitz right now ...

Also: the nationalities of the killers of the 35-year old German man have been released: a 21-year old Iraqi and a 22-year old Syrian.

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2018, 02:59:04 AM by Silent Hunter »

Literally the one thing I know about Chemnitz is that used to be called Karl-Marx-Stadt back in the GDR days...

Anyway, this is disturbing as anything.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »

Nobody is saying the government should follow the preferences of Nazis. However, it is observable that it has helped contribute to the rise of Neo-Nazis which is creating more violence.

Reason #82983 why Merkel's immigration policy was a bad idea.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »

Nobody is saying the government should follow the preferences of Nazis. However, it is observable that it has helped contribute to the rise of Neo-Nazis which is creating more violence.

Reason #82983 why Merkel's immigration policy was a bad idea.

Agreed. I think Merkel did it with good intensions, but it created too much problems after all.
EPG
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »

We should not do anything that violent terrorists object to? Really? Rank argument.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

Literally the one thing I know about Chemnitz is that used to be called Karl-Marx-Stady back in the GDR days...

I know Chemnitz because my great-grandma was in the concentration camp there.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »

Lock every last one of them up.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »

We should not do anything that violent terrorists object to? Really? Rank argument.

Nice strawman you built there Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »

Antifa doesn't beat up a lynch mob of 1000. They corner one random person and beat him up.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 12:33:33 AM »

This. I don't like Merkel's immigration policy, but I literally couldn't care less what the nazis think. If they want to lynch people, they should be locked up.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 02:15:06 AM »

wasn't this the town with the highest Afd vote with like 40%?
palandio

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 02:54:23 AM »

wasn't this the town with the highest Afd vote with like 40%?

No, "only" 24.3%, which is below the average of Saxony (27.0%).
The highest AfD vote was in Dorfchemnitz, which is a small village about 20km from the city.

My impression is that once again we're playing the far-right's game. Now that everyone (rightfully) speaks out against the far-right aggression, the far-right can once again present itself as the only political area that talks about the increase in knife-stabbings, etc.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 05:31:19 AM »

You're fundamentally misunderstanding Tender's use of the dog whistle here, he has no problem with 800 natives committing crimes, the real issue is the 1 migrant and how the people from his background should be punished collectively.

Surprised to not see more R-xx avatars like DC Al Fine that usually pounce upon the first muslim that commits a crime to say that the streets are not safe. Here you have literally a pack of thugs hunting down innocent people...oh wait here he is encouraging it :

An incredibly sad story. I have to say that I was skeptical at first, but now it has been revealed that the mayor of The Hague, Pauline Krikke, knew about Dille's story, as did the police. Dille's video with subtitles can be viewed here. If this really happened, this country is sick.

Honestly I'm surprised similar scandals (eg Rotherham) haven't caused mass riots. The police not doing their jobs because they're worried that arresting rapists might create anti-immigrant sentiment is a big effort into deal. It's outrageous.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 05:51:53 AM »

You're fundamentally misunderstanding Tender's use of the dog whistle here, he has no problem with 800 natives committing crimes, the real issue is the 1 migrant and how the people from his background should be punished collectively.

Surprised to not see more R-xx avatars like DC Al Fine that usually pounce upon the first muslim that commits a crime to say that the streets are not safe. Here you have literally a pack of thugs hunting down innocent people...oh wait here he is encouraging it :

An incredibly sad story. I have to say that I was skeptical at first, but now it has been revealed that the mayor of The Hague, Pauline Krikke, knew about Dille's story, as did the police. Dille's video with subtitles can be viewed here. If this really happened, this country is sick.

Honestly I'm surprised similar scandals (eg Rotherham) haven't caused mass riots. The police not doing their jobs because they're worried that arresting rapists might create anti-immigrant sentiment is a big effort into deal. It's outrageous.

Roll Eyes

Look dude, if you don't want to understand what I wrote that's not my problem. There's a difference between being surprised there aren't riots and wanting them to happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies