Mass shooting occurring right now in Jacksonville, Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mass shooting occurring right now in Jacksonville, Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Mass shooting occurring right now in Jacksonville, Florida  (Read 6564 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2018, 03:15:42 PM »

This should redstroy Rick Scott's approval rating.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »

Yeah, this threads getting locked at some point
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »

If the death toll remains low this shooting will fade out of public consciousness and it will not affect Scott at all.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »

Let me guess, a Nihilist again?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2018, 03:31:42 PM »

Again:  I'm fine with it; it's something both sides will always do. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2018, 03:34:01 PM »

If the death toll remains low this shooting will fade out of public consciousness and it will not affect Scott at all.
Yeah this won't dent Scott.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

Jesus, I was supposed to be working today and I work two blocks away.

Jacksonville news is saying 11 in the hospital, 4 dead and one suspect dead.

Glad to hear that you're okay. Hope that your friends and family are, as well.

Prayers for everyone affected, and dear God, I pray we can pass some real gun legislation in this country.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »

A shooting that killed four people is still horrible, but it will not hurt Scott the same way that a shooting that killed 17 will. And a shooting of contestants in a video game tournament just won’t anger the country the way the killing of high school students did.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »

If I were a gamer at that tournament, what I would have needed there was a Good Guy With A Gun who knew how to use it.  There could have been three (3) less dead and many less injured in that circumstance.  This individual had a gun; he also had the expectation that the crowd would be unarmed.

My 13 year old is a gamer, although not this type.  If something happened to him, the rest of my life would suck.  Bad things happen when the help you need in seconds is minutes away.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »

Shooter appears to be a competitor who lost, he then shot up everyone and then killed himself

OMG. That is nuts.
I would think they would check for weapons (and other contraband) at the door, before entering the facility.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »

Horrible, I hate how desensitized that this country has become to this sort of thing. And yeah, this thread will almost certainly end up getting locked, since I’m sure it will devolve into whataboutism and blaming the other side while saying that the other side is disgusting for shifting the blame. Please prove me wrong, Atlas.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »

Funny that people seem to be tacking me onto being anti-immigration because of Mollie Tibbetts when I've never made a single post about having that position.

Also something something muhhh whataboutism.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »

fuzzy bear actually has legit arguments the rest of the blue posters here are just like stahp politicizing it muah thoughts and prayers rn isn't the time to talk politics, etc.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »

fuzzy bear actually has legit arguments the rest of the blue posters here are just like stahp politicizing it muah thoughts and prayers rn isn't the time to talk politics, etc.

Right, because #RepealThe2nd is totally a legitimate argument.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »

I will say this again and again, we need to legislate some type of approach that not only makes sure guns are in good hands but change cultural aspects of ownership of weapons, maybe a change in American cultural psyche at large.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »

Especially given the fact that he signed significant gun legislation post-Parkland.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »

Right, because #RepealThe2nd is totally a legitimate argument.

Of course this group has a bogus argument, wrought with emotionalism.  We ought to prepared to do the heavy lifting of convincing Americans that we're right.  I'm happy to reduce David Hogg to the answer for a trivia question.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »

This thread is exactly as terrible as I expected it would be. Atlas never lets me down.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 06:13:31 PM »

This thread is exactly as terrible as I expected it would be. Atlas never lets me down.

Why is it terrible?  Because it didn't result in a chorus of awfulizing handguns?  Because we all didn't respond in unison how we must repeal the 2nd Amendment and change our "gun culture"?

This is a current issue on which people are divided.  So be it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »

These continued multiple mass shootings will do nothing to make any common sense gun laws or increased funding to mental health because they're not happening to conservative groups. Schools, nightclubs, black churches, gaming conventions. Until they start having continued mass shootings where conservative churches/conventions/gatherings get massacred nothing will happen.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »

Why is it terrible?  Because it didn't result in a chorus of awfulizing handguns?  Because we all didn't respond in unison how we must repeal the 2nd Amendment and change our "gun culture"?

This is a current issue on which people are divided.  So be it.

No, mostly for the faux outrage on both sides along with a dash of sociopathy mixed in for good measure.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »

These continued multiple mass shootings will do nothing to make any common sense gun laws or increased funding to mental health because they're not happening to conservative groups. Schools, nightclubs, black churches, gaming conventions. Until they start having continued mass shootings where conservative churches/conventions/gatherings get massacred nothing will happen.

Sutherland Springs?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2018, 06:30:36 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

The shooting at Sutherland Springs, TX was a conservative Baptist Chruch.  The shooter was stopped by a Good Guy With A Gun.  Most mass shootings occur because the shooters have the expectation that the targets have no armed defense, and they are usually right.

Even at that, there were 26 fatalities and 20 more wounded.  The shooter was shot by a civilian after he left the church to do who knows what. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »

Shooter appears to be a competitor who lost, he then shot up everyone and then killed himself

What the f***!? I'm a gamer and I was incredibly embarrassed to even identify as one after Gamergate and swatting for being even mildly associated with video games, but this adds a whole new level of immaturity to the gamer community at large. Nerd culture is becoming increasingly reactionary and irrational. Add relatively easy accessibility to guns on top of that, and the results are not pretty.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »

Funny that people seem to be tacking me onto being anti-immigration because of Mollie Tibbetts when I've never made a single post about having that position.

Also something something muhhh whataboutism.

My b.

If you want to take the opportunity to clarify your views on how people you ideologically align with feel about the Tibbetts case, feel free. I will remove your quote from the post if you have a sincere belief that tarballing immigrants because of a single crime is just as wrong as tarballing gun owners for a mass shooting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies