AL-Gov: Riley well ahead of Moore in GOP primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-Gov: Riley well ahead of Moore in GOP primary.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AL-Gov: Riley well ahead of Moore in GOP primary.  (Read 3161 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 12:37:17 AM »

I'm surprised that Siegelman/Moore is much closer than Riley/Siegelman

Even if Siegelman would have to serve out his term from a prison cell, I'd vote for him over Moore without batting an eye. 

Moore himself belongs in prison for violating a federal order.

Don, you must be mistaken.  Siegelman is a Democrat.  You don't vote for them, remember?

Tongue

Moore is a RINO.  I don't vote for them either.

How is Moore a Rino? He's a true conservative, unlike yourself.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 01:45:53 AM »

Siegelman.  Hmmmm....

At DailyKos:

AL-Gov: Siegelman indicted. A lot.
by kos
Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 11:58:55 AM PDT

30-count indictment for former Democratic governor and current candidate Don Siegelman.
Former Gov. Don Siegelman and former HealthSouth Chief Executive Officer Richard Scrushy have been indicted along with two ranking officials in Siegelman's administration in a case involving federal charges of bribery, extortion and racketeering.
The 30-count indictment, filed Wednesday in federal court in Montgomery at the end of a lengthy grand jury investigation, charges that Siegelman and his former chief of staff, Paul Hamrick, "established a criminal enterprise in which official actions were exchanged for bribes." [...]
In a statement, Siegelman's opponent for the Democratic nomination for governor, Lt. Gov. Lucy Baxley, said, "This is a very sad day for Alabama because our people want truth and honesty in government."
I'm with Baxley here. Siegelman should withdraw.
Clean government is not a partisan issue.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 01:51:57 AM »

Siegelman.  Hmmmm....

At DailyKos:

AL-Gov: Siegelman indicted. A lot.
by kos
Thu Oct 27, 2005 at 11:58:55 AM PDT

30-count indictment for former Democratic governor and current candidate Don Siegelman.
Former Gov. Don Siegelman and former HealthSouth Chief Executive Officer Richard Scrushy have been indicted along with two ranking officials in Siegelman's administration in a case involving federal charges of bribery, extortion and racketeering.
The 30-count indictment, filed Wednesday in federal court in Montgomery at the end of a lengthy grand jury investigation, charges that Siegelman and his former chief of staff, Paul Hamrick, "established a criminal enterprise in which official actions were exchanged for bribes." [...]
In a statement, Siegelman's opponent for the Democratic nomination for governor, Lt. Gov. Lucy Baxley, said, "This is a very sad day for Alabama because our people want truth and honesty in government."
I'm with Baxley here. Siegelman should withdraw.
Clean government is not a partisan issue.

I just read the replies to this thread on DKos.  Those guys are idiots.  And that is so sad because I really like Kos himself.  They are all turning their backs on Siegelman, who, even if he is guilty, a man who has the guts to be a Democrat politician in the state of Alabama.  But they don't care because he doesn't have a score of at least -8 on the Political Compass.  I'll stand by him, though he does very little to help us in any upcoming elections.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies