If this is the 2036 Map would would it tell you about the Political Alignment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:54:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If this is the 2036 Map would would it tell you about the Political Alignment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If this is the 2036 Map would would it tell you about the Political Alignment  (Read 3489 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: August 20, 2018, 03:41:50 AM »

This looks like it's a map from the 60s or 70s. If a Democrat in 2036 is winning Tennessee, Arkansas, and Louisiana, they are not gonna be winning California, New York, or Vermont.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:33:57 AM »

This looks like it's a map from the 60s or 70s. If a Democrat in 2036 is winning Tennessee, Arkansas, and Louisiana, they are not gonna be winning California, New York, or Vermont.

I call B.S., at least on NY and CA.  The idea that CA and NY are voting Democratic only because the GOP is too "redneck" for them to tolerate such a party is overblown; neither is a bastion for economic conservatism either (in the slightest), and both have large minority populations.

Didn't say anything about NY or CA voting Dem because the GOP is too white trash. You just admitted that neither is a bastion for economic conservatism and both have large minority pops. That's why I reasoned they wouldn't vote along with Arkansas or Louisiana. Those states are not liberal in the slightest while California and NY voters are liberal, at least where most of the votes are.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

I call B.S., at least on NY and CA.  The idea that CA and NY are voting Democratic only because the GOP is too "redneck" for them to tolerate such a party is overblown; neither is a bastion for economic conservatism either (in the slightest), and both have large minority populations.

Didn't say anything about NY or CA voting Dem because the GOP is too white trash. You just admitted that neither is a bastion for economic conservatism and both have large minority pops. That's why I reasoned they wouldn't vote along with Arkansas or Louisiana. Those states are not liberal in the slightest while California and NY voters are liberal, at least where most of the votes are.
Boy, do I have an election for you.
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1996&off=0&elect=0&f=0
Two of them, actually.
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1992&off=0&elect=0&f=0

From decades ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies