Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:10:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House  (Read 1026 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/401438-conway-struggles-to-name-top-ranking-black-official-in-white-house

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would have said Carson at first too...but answering the second question, how does the top "adviser" on African American issues to the Trump White House, work in the First Lady's office?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »

Conway's name is so very appropriate in being part of Trump's con of the century.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »

Who cares about the color of people's skin?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »

The president and is a big deal, the people he listens to is important to many in this country. The lack of AAs and Trump's behavior is a worrying sign to a lot of people that he doesn't give a rat's ass about African Americans or minorities in general, and is even hostile to some of their interests.

I really feel like this should be self-explanatory. America doesn't exactly have a direct line to Trump (Twitter is more like Trump's digital toilet seat that he sprays fecal matter onto America from), so they look at everything he does and says and those around him to interpret his intentions/thinking.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »

No I mean, why should we care who is black or white or whatever? Shouldn't we just focus on the people themselves? Isn't that what the left is always preaching?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 09:28:33 PM »

No I mean, why should we care who is black or white or whatever? Shouldn't we just focus on the people themselves? Isn't that what the left is always preaching?

Merit matters, but so does someone's life experience, of which there are vast differences between black and white Americans.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:58 PM »

Merit matters, but so does someone's life experience, of which there are vast differences between black and white Americans.

I'm confused. If I had a list of people to hire for a job with experience attributes I like, I could care less whether they were gay, straight, black, white, ect. Isn't that less racist than asking "which people have an asterisk next to their name due to race or gender or sexual orientation"?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:36:23 PM »

That's not what the right-wing wants. They choose to believe that non-whites steal jobs through affirmative action.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »

Judging by your posting history, you care about it a lot.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »

u
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »

Also, police officers, judges, juries, employers, voters, parents, clients...

Roll Eyes

Demanding colourblindness is the easiest way for the right to get out of doing any meaningful work on race. Nobody is f-cking colourblind. We see race every day. Some people live it. How can the country even begin to systematically tackle issues that disproportionately affect racialized minorities if none of them play any part in the highest levels of government?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »

I'm confused. If I had a list of people to hire for a job with experience attributes I like, I could care less whether they were gay, straight, black, white, ect. Isn't that less racist than asking "which people have an asterisk next to their name due to race or gender or sexual orientation"?

So the fact that Trump's administration staff is whiter than a Colorado blizzard proves what? He only hires "the best and most qualified" whom just "happen" to be 99% white? Not that Trump has a fundamental problem with non-whites that he'll allow very, very few around him, and none even in his outer (let alone inner) circles?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 11:50:17 PM by Virginiá »

I still don't understand whether Reaganfan is just being dense on purpose or if this is just how he is.

Trump isn't a god, he doesn't know everything and quite frankly he might be the dumbest president we've had yet in terms of policy, so he absolutely could benefit from a diverse set of advisors who can do more than just tell him what he wants to hear. Perhaps if he wanted to reach out to other Americans aside from his core base, he could listen to people who have advice to give about connecting with other voters not currently on his side. Again, I feel like this should be self-explanatory. Also, if Trump cares about all Americans at all, my first post in this thread is why he should care about what viewpoints his advisors and staff bring to the table.

I give up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 12:08:01 AM »

She named someone.  In what way was it a struggle?   What is the issue here ?

Is this anything other than dumb crap to distract us from actual things that are going on like immigration or Yemen or healthcare?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 02:41:58 AM »

Have you tried practicing what you preach?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 08:55:19 AM »

Well, Trump has not been successful with that either. "I hire the best people". Yea, right.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »

Also, police officers, judges, juries, employers, voters, parents, clients...

Roll Eyes

Demanding colourblindness is the easiest way for the right to get out of doing any meaningful work on race. Nobody is f-cking colourblind. We see race every day. Some people live it. How can the country even begin to systematically tackle issues that disproportionately affect racialized minorities if none of them play any part in the highest levels of government?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 09:53:10 AM »

Judging by your posting history, you care about it a lot.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 09:09:08 PM »

She named someone.  In what way was it a struggle?   What is the issue here ?

Is this anything other than dumb crap to distract us from actual things that are going on like immigration or Yemen or healthcare?

One of the people she named actually works in the First Lady's office, and I'm pretty sure that neither nor Ben Carson actually give Trump any advice, and even if they did, I doubt Trump listens to it.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »

CONway should of just claimed that shes actually black
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »

Sure but if you hire dozens of people and none of them are black, then that's a tell that you're looking at race in the hiring process, even if subconsciously. There could be other reasons for that of course (e.g. in an almost all white area), but generally it's statistically unlikely.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

CONway should of just claimed that shes actually black

Or that Trump is black and was born in Kenya.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 02:59:40 AM »

Conway: "Was it Ben. Shoot, what's his last name? Hey, Rick Perry, do you know his name?"

Perry: "Damn if I know. I'm too busy remembering the name of the department I forgot that I wanted to eliminate that I now run."

Conway: "It's Energy"

Perry: "Thanks!"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies