RI-Sen: Laffey of too a strong start.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:49:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  RI-Sen: Laffey of too a strong start.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: RI-Sen: Laffey of too a strong start.  (Read 4056 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2005, 11:29:43 PM »

He has a mixed record on abortion, voted for the PBA ban, voted for the Lacey Peterson law

NAARL rates him @ 43%

Kennedy & Boxer are both rated 100%

Collins & Snowe are both rate above 90%, Chafee above 80%

He is more liberal socially than your so called average NortH Dakota voter, but while North Dakota is conservative its not Nebraska, its not Utah nor is it Kansas either. 

Dorgan also has a mixed record on the death penalty, meanwhile both Boxer & Kennedy are strongly opposed.  Dorgan may lean liberal, but he is no Kennedy or Boxer by any stretch of the imagination.  North Dakota also has a bit of a history of electing Senators who differ from their Presidential views, while Rhode Island does not

I'd say ND and NE are pretty similar, Smash. And while you did prove that Kennedy/Boxer and Dorgan are different on some things, I'm sure I could find areas where Laffey disagreed with President Bush and leading conservatives.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2005, 12:13:17 AM »

He has a mixed record on abortion, voted for the PBA ban, voted for the Lacey Peterson law

NAARL rates him @ 43%

Kennedy & Boxer are both rated 100%

Collins & Snowe are both rate above 90%, Chafee above 80%

He is more liberal socially than your so called average NortH Dakota voter, but while North Dakota is conservative its not Nebraska, its not Utah nor is it Kansas either. 

Dorgan also has a mixed record on the death penalty, meanwhile both Boxer & Kennedy are strongly opposed.  Dorgan may lean liberal, but he is no Kennedy or Boxer by any stretch of the imagination.  North Dakota also has a bit of a history of electing Senators who differ from their Presidential views, while Rhode Island does not

I'd say ND and NE are pretty similar, Smash. And while you did prove that Kennedy/Boxer and Dorgan are different on some things, I'm sure I could find areas where Laffey disagreed with President Bush and leading conservatives.

I would agree that Laffey doesn't stand with Bush or the Repubklicans in general on all the issues, however Nebraska is a bit more conservative & more Republican (most elections have seen the GOP's margin's 5-10 points larger in Nebrska than in N. Dakota) than N Dakota is.  Not to mention as I said N. Dakota has a history of electing Senators who differ from their Presidental Views, Rhode Island just doesn't do that.  Rhode Island is just too staunchly of a Democratic state to elect a Republican Senator that isn't a moderate or liberal Republican

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies