MO-Missouri Scout/Remington (R): Tie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:05:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Missouri Scout/Remington (R): Tie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-Missouri Scout/Remington (R): Tie  (Read 4046 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »

I'm still rating this a Toss-Up out of caution, but yeah, I can't believe anyone actually thought that McCaskill would get blanched in a Republican midterm. She doesn't have this in the bag by any means, but if a Republican pollster shows a tie (a better result for her than before), she's in good shape for now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »

Remington is a Republican pollster the same way PPP is a Democratic pollster. Their final poll in 2016 actually underestimated Trump's winning margin and 538 gives them a mean-reverted bias of D+1.1, so the idea that we should just add 5 points or whatever to McCaskill's numbers because of the (R) is silly. Of course she could win, but I don’t get (or, actually I do) why people now think she’s much safer than Heitkamp, lmao. You should probably refrain from bashing Republicans for making "overconfident" predictions when you’re calling this Lean D and "unskewing" polls which don’t show her ahead.

I mean, the average of polls puts her only very narrowly ahead (thus why I'd rate it a Toss-Up), but the average of polls in North Dakota show Heitkamp slightly behind. So if you take the polls at face value, it's not at all unreasonable to assume that she could do better than Heitkamp.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies