ME: Suffolk University: Surprisingly tight race between Mills (D) and Moody (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:01:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  ME: Suffolk University: Surprisingly tight race between Mills (D) and Moody (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME: Suffolk University: Surprisingly tight race between Mills (D) and Moody (R)  (Read 2715 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:49 PM »

There is nothing surprising about this, and I’m not sure why many people (including the "experts") thought ME was as likely to flip as IL or NM lol.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »

Anyways, why is the poll surprising? This is a state that elected Paul LePage twice. Maine is a weird place.

Maine is basically the Montana of New England in that it is often stereotyped as a solid blue state where only moderate/liberal Republicans can win in good years.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:03 PM »

Anyways, why is the poll surprising? This is a state that elected Paul LePage twice. Maine is a weird place.

Maine is basically the Montana of New England in that it is often stereotyped as a solid blue state where only moderate/liberal Republicans can win in good years.
TBF hard right-wingers have not won here in good Democrat years ever since the state stopped being a the geographical arm of the Republican Party in the 1950s.

In fact, I'd argue that, relative to the nation at the time, LePage might be the most right-wing person elected in Maine since the end of World War II.

Fair enough, I just find this forum's weird notion that ME is basically just a slightly more Republican version of VT bordered by a libertarian, conservative, independent, swingy, ultra-competitive paradise ridiculously absurd and simplistic.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »

So I just noticed this...

Women: Mills +19 (48% Mills, 29% Moody)
Men: Moody +21 (50% Moody, 29% Mills)

*thinking*
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »

So I just noticed this...

Women: Mills +19 (48% Mills, 29% Moody)
Men: Moody +21 (50% Moody, 29% Mills)

*thinking*

That's a way bigger gender gap than NH.

Might want to switch to Angry ME Women. Tongue

Seems like ME women are giving their NH counterparts a run for their money. What’s interesting is the difference in the male vote, as Democrats seem to have a hard, unshakable floor of about 44% with NH males that they don’t have in ME. Does anyone know why ME men are so much more high-energy than NH males?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies