2019 Japan Unified Local Elections(April) and Upper House elections (July 21st) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:41:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2019 Japan Unified Local Elections(April) and Upper House elections (July 21st) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 Japan Unified Local Elections(April) and Upper House elections (July 21st)  (Read 48523 times)
kaoras
Chile

« on: July 07, 2019, 06:03:23 AM »

As much as I would love those results they are clearly not happening . I could see the NHK thing but why would the JCP surge so much now? Conditions seems less favorable now with CDP in the picture than in 2013-2016.

Is that poll/projection designed to shore up LDP vote?
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:38:16 AM »

NHK calls Kyoto for JCP
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:54:31 AM »

NHK calls the second seat of 京都(Kyoto) for JCP.  Wow.  I guess I was wrong.   The CDP candidate is an LGBT activist which I figured might lose it some votes.  It seems that it did cost her and there were LDP and even KP tactical voting for JCP to defeat CDP despite the animosity of LDP and KP voters toward JCP.

CDP is still narrowly ahead in the vote counted but what's left is mostly Kyoto proper where JCP is stronger. Notably, Sakyo-Ku (京都市左京区) still hasn't reported anything. There in the 2018 gubernatorial election, the JCP backed candidate won by 5 points while losing by 12 in the prefecture as a whole (and is one of the areas with the highest turnout)
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »

Do you know a page where I can see the PR vote breakdown by prefecture?

Also, Tokushima-Kochi seems a bit closer than I would expect given the opposition candidate had JCP background. Maybe it could have been competitive with, say, a CDP candidate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies