KS-Trafalgar (R Primary): Kobach +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:05:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  KS-Trafalgar (R Primary): Kobach +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-Trafalgar (R Primary): Kobach +7  (Read 1425 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »

43/36/11 Kobach.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:09:24 PM »

Awesome. He's easier to beat.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »

Is it worth it, though? It's still Kansas and he has a good chance of winning. Kobach is one of the most dangerous politicians in America and he cannot be allowed anywhere near the governor's mansion.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

Is it worth it, though? It's still Kansas and he has a good chance of winning. Kobach is one of the most dangerous politicians in America and he cannot be allowed anywhere near the governor's mansion.

Yes
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »

Yes

I'd be thrilled to flip Kansas, but even if Kobach was the nominee, he'd still probably be the favorite. He is an incredibly dangerous man.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »

If Kobach wins, then this race becomes a pure tossup. Orman would actually become a D ally in this case, because Rs who would have voted for Coyler would vote Orman, basically a siphon, but instead of siphoning our votes, it siphons R votes.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »

Yes

I'd be thrilled to flip Kansas, but even if Kobach was the nominee, he'd still probably be the favorite. He is an incredibly dangerous man.

He's no different that Coyler. His public perception is worse but they are both on board for the same terrible policies.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »

Suggesting that there is no difference between Colyer and Kobach is downright ignorant and proves you have no clue what is happening in this state.

Moving on...I won't be shocked if Kobach wins, and he might even win by this much, but the crosstabs on this are way off, so I'm not trusting it. My take is that the race goes anywhere from Colyer +3 to Kobach +7, Kobach has the edge but it's nowhere near a done deal.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 11:06:06 PM »

Yes

He's no different that Coyler. His public perception is worse but they are both on board for the same terrible policies.

Yup. Perfect example was Roy Moore vs Luther Strange. And that ended up netting us an entire senate seat in freaking Alabama. This is also why I would've rather had Rokita over Braun.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 12:05:50 AM »

Say it with me, boys:

G O L D

S T A N D A R D
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 12:07:18 AM »

Say it with me, boys:

G O L D

S T A N D A R D

We must form a prayer chain for Kobach
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 12:16:36 AM »

If Kobach wins, then this race becomes a pure tossup. Orman would actually become a D ally in this case, because Rs who would have voted for Coyler would vote Orman, basically a siphon, but instead of siphoning our votes, it siphons R votes.

Republicans are a cult. They're going to vote for Kobach no matter what (see sig.) The only people that Orman is going to draw from are moderate heroes that would've voted for the Democrat in a head to head race against Kobach. The fact that he was the de facto Democratic candidate in 2014 only solidifies this.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 02:15:16 AM »

Probably not. But is Colyer much better? He's also a hard-right dude who was a birther.

Is Drumpf expected to endorse?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 12:05:45 PM »

I still expect Kobach to lose to be honest. The undecided are mrobably leaning against him.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »

Probably not. But is Colyer much better? He's also a hard-right dude who was a birther.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »

The nail in Colyer's coffin. Good riddance.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 07:07:57 PM »

I don't like the idea of risking these kinds of people winning either, just look at Trump. It would also make him a potential rising star for the GOP's current reactionary form. I could see him being nominated by them in 2024 as Trump's heir...or should I say, apprentice.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 08:21:54 PM »

Republicans are a cult. They're going to vote for Kobach no matter what (see sig.) The only people that Orman is going to draw from are moderate heroes that would've voted for the Democrat in a head to head race against Kobach. The fact that he was the de facto Democratic candidate in 2014 only solidifies this.

To be fair, it's not just Republicans (in terms of providing overriding support to a candidate who shares the same party label as them). ~90% of Democrats will also vote for a Democrat in almost every conceivable race these days as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies