TX-Quinnipiac: Cruz +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:30:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TX-Quinnipiac: Cruz +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TX-Quinnipiac: Cruz +6  (Read 2263 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »

https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2559

Cruz 49
O'Rourke 43
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »

Looks about right.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »

Yeah, this is where the race is.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 11:47:13 AM »

Sounds right
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »

Amazing that Trump is still underwater in Texas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »

O'Rourke needs to badly increase his name recognition ...

According to the poll, about half of all voters have no opinion of him a few months before the election. But of those who do, he's viewed quite favourably (especially among Independents).
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:11 AM »

Change of -1 for Cruz and +4 for O'Rourke since their May poll. Survey also finds 43% of voters don't know enough about O'Rourke still to form a opinion about him.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 11:57:24 AM »

Looks about right.

Cruz is going to win, but it's nice to see O'Rourke chomp at his heels.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »

If Cruz wins by only mid-single digits, Hurd is toast.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 12:22:58 PM »

If Curz wins by only mid-single digits, TX-07, TX-23 and TX-32 all flip and others start getting close.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 12:30:15 PM »

I wouldn’t say so. Cruz is just naturally unlikeable. Hurd is likeabke. And his district is notoriously low tirnout
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 12:31:05 PM »

Beto has a chance with these numbers, but it is slim, around 25%.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 12:31:55 PM »

As expected.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »

I wouldn’t say so. Cruz is just naturally unlikeable. Hurd is likeabke. And his district is notoriously low tirnout

Welcome back lol.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »

Democrats just had a 8 point over performance via 2016 in a Senate district have essentially overlaps TX-23.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »

It seems to me that the main problem Beto is facing is (still) name recognition. With him finally putting ads on the TV, I wonder if the margins will start to shrink.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »

It seems to me that the main problem Beto is facing is (still) name recognition. With him finally putting ads on the TV, I wonder if the margins will start to shrink.

No, the main problem he is facing is that he's running in Texas. It will take a whole lot other than simply raising his name recognition % to win there.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2018, 12:49:04 PM by Zaybay »

No, the main problem he is facing is that he's running in Texas. It will take a whole lot other than simply raising his name recognition % to win there.
Hes already within 6 points. And its only the first day of August. And the people he doesnt have name rec with appear to be both rural Rs, who he cant win, and Hispanics, which he should be targeting. And he has just released his first ad a couple days ago.

Winning as a Democrat in TX is possible, it just takes some effort and luck. I will remind you that we have a D senator in AL, R governors in most of New England, a D governor of LA, and an Indie governor of AK, not everything is set in stone.

Can Beto win? Yes. Is it likely at this moment? No. Can it become more likely as Beto starts to use his funds, have debates with Cruz, and appeal to Hispanics? Yes.

And will there be factors out of both candidates control that can influence the race for either candidate, such as rising healthcare costs, federal detainment centers for immigrants, economic growth, Trump rallies, etc.? Totally.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 12:57:36 PM »

Cruz is still the favorite, but O'Rourke has about a one in six chance of winning this. O'Rourke's path absolutely has to be increasing his name recognition, using that colossal war chest of his. Ultimately, I don't think he gets it done, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »

Hes already within 6 points. And its only the first day of August. And the people he doesnt have name rec with appear to be both rural Rs, who he cant win, and Hispanics, which he should be targeting. And he has just released his first ad a couple days ago.

Winning as a Democrat in TX is possible, it just takes some effort and luck. I will remind you that we have a D senator in AL, R governors in most of New England, a D governor of LA, and an Indie governor of AK, not everything is set in stone.

Can Beto win? Yes. Is it likely at this moment? No. Can it become more likely as Beto starts to use his funds, have debates with Cruz, and appeal to Hispanics? Yes.

And will there be factors out of both candidates control that can influence the race for either candidate, such as rising healthcare costs, federal detainment centers for immigrants, economic growth, Trump rallies, etc.? Totally.

Let me remind you that the first poll Quinnipiac conducted for this race had O'Rourke at 44% back in April. He fell to 39 for their second poll, then rose back to 43 for this poll. It's not like his numbers have been steadily rising. I do agree with the fact that the real campaign is about to begin, so there's room for him to improve (which is also true for Cruz, even more so than for O'Rourke).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »

Seems about right, Lean/Likely R.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »

Yeah, that's what I expect the margin to be in the end. Five to eight points in Cruz' favor. Maybe 52-46% or so.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »

Let me remind you that the first poll Quinnipiac conducted for this race had O'Rourke at 44% back in April. He fell to 39 for their second poll, then rose back to 43 for this poll. It's not like his numbers have been steadily rising. I do agree with the fact that the real campaign is about to begin, so there's room for him to improve (which is also true for Cruz, even more so than for O'Rourke).
True, but I dont see how Cruz can improve. There is nothing for him to improve on, he is known all across the state, has been on the airwaves, and has a large advantage. Beto is only known to 1/2 the state, has only released his first ad, and is at a large structural advantage. If anyone is improving, its going to be, like for most races during this midterm, the Democrat.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »

Nominating Valdez instead of Andrew White obviously is hurting Beto, everytime he comes close, there's a poll out showing Valdez well behind.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »

VA-2006 redux!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: