FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:31:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead  (Read 4810 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 01, 2018, 12:25:24 AM »

Yeah, this feels accurate. Hard to see the race as being better than a tossup, probably tilt R if we're being fair.
It may be tilt R today, but I still think it becomes a tossup as the campaign goes on. But I'm a pessimist Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »

I'm heading back to Tally tomorrow. I'm not going to miss the deluge of Graham, Greene, and Levine ads, though the Gillum ad where he literally begs the audience for money was hilarious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Honestly I'd rather have Scott retire, have DeSantis take on Nelson, and have Bondi as Governor. But things didn't work out that way. But to answer your question, Scott's going to be DOA in 2024, especially if Trump is still President. He doesn't strike me as a natural legislator. He's a much stronger administratively in an executive position.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Honestly I'd rather have Scott retire, have DeSantis take on Nelson, and have Bondi as Governor. But things didn't work out that way. But to answer your question, Scott's going to be DOA in 2024, especially if Trump is still President. He doesn't strike me as a natural legislator. He's a much stronger administratively in an executive position.

A. lmao if you would rather have DeSantis than Scott as your nominee

B. Regardless of what you think Scott's fate would be in 2024 if he wins in 2018, do you think he will run again in 2024 or retire?
A. Underestimate DeSantis at your own risk. He's got the money, the staff talent, the President's support, and the increasingly enthusiastic embrace of the RPOF who have seen the writing on the wall.

B. If Trump is reelected and manages to serve out eight years, which is 50/50, then 2024 will be a very rough campaign for Scott. The fact that he ran for Senate as his term expires to me signals that he's interested in staying in Washington for quite a while. So, he'd be wise to stand down, but I doubt he would.

C. I think the FL Senate race will be the tightest of the cycle, so points A and B are dependent on what happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies