FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:15:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead  (Read 4834 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: August 01, 2018, 05:28:40 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
THE RCP AVERAGE OF SIX POLLS IS SCOTT +1.2.

I still rate it as toss up, but hopeful.

Personally, I believe only 2 of those 6 polls are worth considering based on pollster credibility: the NBC/Marist and CBS/YouGov polls. That shows Scott ahead by half a point, which is of course no meaningfully different than the +1.2 result from the last 6 polls. Nevertheless, garbage pollsters are garbage pollsters - and even if they end up being right, it doesn't mean they were right because they knew what they were doing.

At any rate, I was merely commenting on the s[inks]ttiness of Mason-Dixon in general: not the specific result. We don't get many polls from them these days and therefore not many opportunities to remind people that they're now a garbage pollster. It's obvious that this is a close race. I would point out that at this point in an election cycle, fundamentals generally are a better indicator of performance than polling.
A little odd that they are one of the non cell phone pollsters and they are one of the pollsters that found Clinton up in all of their 2016 polls of  FL Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies