FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:18:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead  (Read 4568 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 31, 2018, 08:12:18 AM »

A lot of these polls have Trump’s approval way higher in Florida compared to other states he did similarly in such as Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Wonder if this is true or like 2016 where Iowa’s poor Hillary showing foreshadowed her problems in Wisconsin yet pollsters missed it. If he’s 40-42% nationally you’d expect closer to 42-43 in Florida not 46-47.

Florida has fairly unique demographics that aren’t replicable elsewhere, though, unlike Iowa’s similarities to its neighbors.

That said this is plainly a Tossup race. It’ll be interesting to see what the numbers do once the spending discrepancy goes down
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »

14 weeks to the Election. And btw I'm not buying all the Media Crap about the National Environment at this Point. We know how that turned out in 2016. Democrats in Florida have to first show that they can win Races in Florida in a MidTerm. They haven't done that at all.

Race is a TOSS UP but I wouldn't entirely be shocked if Scott pulls this out. Time to sent different people to Washington.
You say as Democrats have been over preforming in the entirety of 2017 and 2018, including in races in FL, where they have won 2 seats from Rs, and have defended vulnerable ones by increasingly larger margins.

I think that the reason Scott is ahead is the money discrepancy. Even though Nelson has dough, hes not using it, where as Scott is practically burning it. If Scott is only leading by 2-3 in a rather poor pollster that has favored him the entire election, then I think this is tilt-D.

TBF the last Mason Dixon poll did have it Nelson +1 but that was before Scott entered I
Believe
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies