FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:05:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FL-Sen, Mason-Dixon: Scott in the lead  (Read 4571 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »

Senator Rick Scott.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »

You're back!!
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »

Sounds good.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »

If Nelson wants to come away with a win he's going to have to do it dirty. For some inexplicable reason Republicans in Florida give absolutely no mind to Rick Scott's past. Nelson needs to do anything and everything he can to swing every undecided voter to his corner. I'm sorry but the guy is nothing more than a crook and I detest every minute that he hold office in Florida.

Did you support Hillary in the ‘16 primary.  If so do not complain about crooks!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins he be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »

I'm heading back to Tally tomorrow. I'm not going to miss the deluge of Graham, Greene, and Levine ads, though the Gillum ad where he literally begs the audience for money was hilarious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Honestly I'd rather have Scott retire, have DeSantis take on Nelson, and have Bondi as Governor. But things didn't work out that way. But to answer your question, Scott's going to be DOA in 2024, especially if Trump is still President. He doesn't strike me as a natural legislator. He's a much stronger administratively in an executive position.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »

Do you think if schuylkill scott wins be a one termer or will he run for reelection in 2024?
Honestly I'd rather have Scott retire, have DeSantis take on Nelson, and have Bondi as Governor. But things didn't work out that way. But to answer your question, Scott's going to be DOA in 2024, especially if Trump is still President. He doesn't strike me as a natural legislator. He's a much stronger administratively in an executive position.

A. lmao if you would rather have DeSantis than Scott as your nominee

B. Regardless of what you think Scott's fate would be in 2024 if he wins in 2018, do you think he will run again in 2024 or retire?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »

A. lmao if you would rather have DeSantis than Scott as your nominee

B. Regardless of what you think Scott's fate would be in 2024 if he wins in 2018, do you think he will run again in 2024 or retire?
A. Underestimate DeSantis at your own risk. He's got the money, the staff talent, the President's support, and the increasingly enthusiastic embrace of the RPOF who have seen the writing on the wall.

B. If Trump is reelected and manages to serve out eight years, which is 50/50, then 2024 will be a very rough campaign for Scott. The fact that he ran for Senate as his term expires to me signals that he's interested in staying in Washington for quite a while. So, he'd be wise to stand down, but I doubt he would.

C. I think the FL Senate race will be the tightest of the cycle, so points A and B are dependent on what happens.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2018, 08:17:04 PM »

You might be right.  Except I think Scott is a hard worker at whatever he does.

I do not think Trump will be President in 2024. He will not be re-elected or if re-elected he will die in office.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 02:57:41 AM »

SCHUYLKILL SCOTT!!

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 07:18:39 AM »

lol@DeSantis being a stronger candidate than Scott. It’s also wayyyyy too early to declare Scott DOA in 2024 (he hasn’t even won this election yet, for God’s sake), but I agree that Scott is the kind of candidate who’s stronger as the challenger than the incumbent.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 12:27:29 PM by Arkansas Yankee »

The polling in this race is in the process of following similar pattern to the Rubio race in 2016:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/fl/florida_senate_rubio_vs_murphy-5222.html#polls

An interesting point is that Mason Dixon ran its last poll in the Rubio case was in late September.  It had Rubio a head by +7.  Rubio won by 7.7.

I have said it be before and will say it again, if a voter voted for Rubio in 2016 there his a strong possibility and inclination that you will vote for Scott.

Please do not allege that I am saying this is a given.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »

I have said it be before and will say it again, if a voter voted for Rubio in 2016 there his a strong possibility and inclination that you will vote for Scott.

I will say again, midterm turnout is always lower than Presidential year turnout and hundreds of thousands of people who voted for Rubio will stay home because Trump or Hillary isn’t on the ballot. It’s simply innumerate to assume the same number of people will turn out for a midterm as a general.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 06:13:00 PM »

Global Strategy Group among Latinos

Nelson 44
Scott 41

BUT here is the striking thing

Among Puerto Ricans

Nelson 44
Scott 37

Among Cubans

Scott 57
Nelson 32

You can read it all at:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls

Leading among Puerto Ricans by only 7 isn't good enough for Nelson when Scott is leading him with Cubans by 24.

If this Poll is even remotely accurate Nelson is in deep trouble.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »

If Nelson wants to come away with a win he's going to have to do it dirty. For some inexplicable reason Republicans in Florida give absolutely no mind to Rick Scott's past. Nelson needs to do anything and everything he can to swing every undecided voter to his corner. I'm sorry but the guy is nothing more than a crook and I detest every minute that he hold office in Florida.

Did you support Hillary in the ‘16 primary.  If so do not complain about crooks!

I didn't vote for Clinton or support her or Scott at any point in time.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »

Likely R tbh.  Scott is beloved.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2018, 04:01:01 AM »

lol
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2018, 08:14:25 AM »

I was surprised the first time I visited a friend's home in Florida and saw the portrait of Scott on the wall, but you get accustomed to it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2018, 08:45:04 AM »

I was surprised the first time I visited a friend's home in Florida and saw the portrait of Scott on the wall, but you get accustomed to it.

It was a rough first term, but eventually people came to revere the man know as Rick Un-Scott

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2018, 09:46:22 AM »

^lmao
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09