How to Use GIMP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:39:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  How to Use GIMP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to Use GIMP  (Read 511 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »

I'm trying to use GIMP, or GNU Image Manipulation Program, for my TL but I can't get it right. If one could help, ti would be much appreciated. I just needed to replace Faces
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »

I'm by no means great at GIMP, but this should be simple enough. Fair warning: I'm using GIMP 2.8 (have refused to upgrade for various reasons), so it may be different.

For a simple swap, I'd recommend having both/all of your images on the same canvas for simplicity's sake and to avoid layers.

From there, you can use the "Free Select Tool" (the lasso-looking thing) to draw around the face you want to remove; you can then move or delete it.

Repeat the process with the face you want to transplant, and then select the "Move Tool" (four arrows pointing in each direction). You can also use the "Scale Tool" to shrink/enlarge the face size, depending on your needs.

After that's done and you've moved the face into place, you can use perhaps the "Smudge Tool" to blend in the color and edges. Once that's done, you just have to de-select the selection. From there, you can save the image, copy the relevant portion into another window of GIMP or into something like Paint for final tweaks.

It's certainly not professional advice and it won't look the greatest, but it should work.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies