GA-SurveyUSA/11AliveTV: Stacey Abrams only down 2 against both Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:49:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA-SurveyUSA/11AliveTV: Stacey Abrams only down 2 against both Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-SurveyUSA/11AliveTV: Stacey Abrams only down 2 against both Republicans  (Read 3499 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 20, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »
« edited: July 20, 2018, 01:10:27 PM by RFKFan68 »

Awesome! This survey sample is whiter than the electorate will actually be. I wouldn’t be surprised if Abrams was leading Kemp by 2 in reality. Of course we’ll get a clearer picture after Kemp wins the nomination.

ETA: Shocked at Stacey gaining 10 points with Latinos with Kemp as the Republican option. Yeah, I hope Kemp wins the run off. He has clung very tight to Donald Trump on anti-Hispanic rhetoric veiled as being tough on immigration.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »

Lmao. No.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 10:42:25 AM »

The fact that Kemp is only leading Abrams by 5% among those 65+ says it all.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...Abrams just might pull this thing off.

Even though they are not a huge part of the electorate I’m still in awe of that number with Hispanics. I went back and according to 2014 exit polls Carter beat Deal among Hispanics by 6 points (53-47) now Abrams is leading him among that group by 50!!! (Hillary won them 67-27). That huge shift to the Dems, a couple point bump with whites, and huge turnout and a swing to the left (89 to 93ish) with black voters can get her the Governor’s mansion.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »

This will be 2014 all over again. An exciting candidate polls respectably, gets hyped up, only for it to not be all that close on election day.
Carter was exciting? LOL. More like people were completely off base hoping that somehow if he kept his mouth shut on divisive issues and rode the fence white Republicans would somehow vote for him because of his grandfather.

This is not the same at all. The political environment, the candidate, the strategy, everything. Abrams is building a massive GOTV operation, reaching out to low propensity voters, EFL voters, and PACS ready to spend millions to turn out unmarried/young women and black voters, and national help from the Democratic Party. I'm not saying Abrams has it in the bag, but it will certainly be closer than Carter and closer than Hillary quite frankly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies